Albums that automatically make you trust people who listen to them...

Albums that automatically make you trust people who listen to them, albums that make you believe its listeners are intelligent and are basically bros.
I'll start.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-FhhB9teHqU
youtu.be/zF3jXw81yVA
youtu.be/KQsdO8e8fwY
youtube.com/watch?v=OOwydybFfts
youtube.com/watch?v=zF3jXw81yVA
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trout_Mask_Replica
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

stop

anybody who thinks that forcing your band into a mansion for 2 years recording garbage on lsd nonstop would actually turn out to be something good needs to pull their head out of their booty hole.

don't be so pretentious

Maybe if Beefheart actually wore earplugs and didn't lock his bandmembers in a barrel while they were recording it would have been a masterpiece.

>intelligent
i used to think that, then i came to my senses after a few years and realized its an unorganized with meaningless lyrics. beefheart was just a tryhard. i dont mind safe as milk, but this was a bust

Best way to spot a pleb is someone who thinks this album is 'patrician' and intellectual

His band members were actually eager to work with him, believing they were making history in music and collabing with most creative, artistic and talented man they could ever find

It's a bush recording. We're out recording the bush.

Yep, all the people who like "the Beatles" are the true patricians. Anyone who disagrees is just putting on an act.

Where did I say that? What the fuck are you on about?

>its an unorganized with meaningless lyrics
And that's what makes the difference.
It's kind of music that relates to high art, as a matter of fact, it is the pure surrealistic, abstract art in the form of sound. The thing is very few people are intellectually capable to evaluate high art, most people will look at greatest art masterpieces and be like ''wtf is this, it's tottally disorganized, meaningless, everything is mixed up'' that's because they can't think vast and abstract, cant' think deeply. TMR is an equivalent of art masterpieces of the last century, it was basically music critics who made this album become accepted, because completely different level of hearing and thinking was needed to get evaluate it, and when one does realise it's uniqueness, there's no way back, listening to other music seems like going back playing baby toys, listening to nursery rhymes, literally.

I didn't imply that you did say that.

You implied that if I don't listen to your overhyped piece of shit, I must only listen to pop music like the beetles. How can a newfag be so fucking pretentious?
If you want something that fits the description you gave hereListen to 'half Japanese- 1/2 gentlemen/not beasts' or 'intersytems - peachy'. Trout mask is just lol so randum lyrics over blues cliches

>description you gave here
That's not his description, it's mine, if you consider Half Japanese anything but
>piece of shit
you clearly lack any sort of musical knowledge and hearing ability.

The idea of that half Japanese album is to deconstruct conventional rock music. The idea behind your holy grail of shite is lol so randum bullshit

>its an unorganized with meaningless lyrics
thats the appeal duh
nonsense is fun nigga, not everything needs to have some pretentious concept or follow some tradition
effectively it's the total opposite of trying hard

>not everything has to be pretentious
Have you even read OP's pretentious comments?

fuck does that matter, i'm sure op isn't literally cpt beefheart shitposting from the grave

0/10 not bros

Hahahaha, might as well be

thanks reddit

no one thinks the beatles are 'true patricians'
stop projecting

>I listen to an extremely entry-level album but pretend to be above everybody because of it
Is summer posting coming early this year?

Oh boy, you couldn't be more wrong, I mean, that's like discussing quantum theory with a first grader. There are no bands that can get closer to the art potential TMR has, not even Frank Zappa with all hs music, which is stated, not talking about half japanese, which is like nonsense. Vliet was a genius, both in music and art, not a self proclaimed genius, ufortunately there haven't been people like him in decades, probably the last true man of art ever lived.

>namedrops frank Zappa
You are the archetypal pseudo-intellectual that's just discovered Sup Forums and thinks they know everything. Look at the curve I originally posted

youtu.be/-FhhB9teHqU
youtu.be/zF3jXw81yVA

you don't even know why i said it, dunning-krueger fag

Why did you say it? I saw that graph here

>just discovered Sup Forums
Haha, what's so special about Sup Forums that worths discovering, other than Kendrick Lamar, Kpop, and all the mediocre stuff forced constantly?
It's actually real music that's being ignored to the point no one is comfortable sharing original undiscovered bands, so not to be labled with some shit by the mainstreamers.
Zappa's just an example, even though he's counted as one of the most innovative modern musicians, he's still not even close to Vliet, not because ''muh Vliet is cool, you suck'', it's the very artistic nature of personality, an enormous amout of energy and dedication Vliet puts into his music, and unique talent, something one cannot learn or buy, makes him the only one.

pro comment

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.

This to be honest

>thinks tmr is high art
>thinks frank zappa is one of the most innovative modern musicians
Ffs, this always happens. Every pretentious cunt who knows fuck all always ends up saying frank Zappa was innovative despite what genre is on discussion. From personal experience Zappa fans are the most stubborn and ignorant wankers to talk to so I'm leaving the argument now

>Zappa fans are the most stubborn and ignorant wankers
Glad I'm not his or anyone's else's fan.
What's great about Vliet's music, is that it frees you from all the ego involved mindsets you have music-wise, you sipmly start to realize and enjoy the beauty and diversity of music, that never tends to give you fake emotional storm, sadness or happiness, it just flows through you and connects you with the present moment.

I wouldn't really assume someone's intelligence based on the music they like, but I generally don't trust anyone that doesn't like Sonic Youth

This to be honest.

Genius composer and almost unmatched in terms of individualism. He taught himself everything which is almost staggering considering his musical knowledge was probably one of the greatest in the world when he was alive. Yet he wasn't a one-trick pony, meandering in elitism and trying to one-up people in complexity. He simply just loved music, he made music for musics sake, purely and completely honest. Doesn't matter if it was Jazz, Blues, Rock, World music, Avant-Garde contemporary orchestra, electronic, or just a stupid song about silly things. This is why you see such a grand spectrum of different vibes and textures when you listen to all of his different music, because he was trying his best to mix everything about himself and what he liked into one "conceptual continuity", which basically just a term to describe the entire "whole" of everything he did.
I think if you can really appreciate anything about what goes into composing music and creating music, you will definitely get to understand Zappa more. After all the things people represented him of being, in the end he was just a composer. He just wanted to make music, and he was really good at just coming up with things nobody else ever thought of.

Cool stuff, subbed.

What? Those aren't my channels. I wanted to provide some videos that analyze Don's music.

>I wanted to provide some videos that analyze Don's music.
On a competent level. You know without memes and "so randum" and "this is nonsense" stuff.

The Republican Jon Hunstman is a HUGE avant-garde fan. He says Trout Mask Replica is his favorite album

BLAP!

>Van Vliet implemented his vision by asserting complete artistic and emotional domination of his musicians. At various times one or another of the group members was put "in the barrel", with Van Vliet berating him continually, sometimes for days, until the musician collapsed in tears or in total submission to Van Vliet.
>According to John French and Bill Harkleroad these sessions often included physical violence. French described the situation as "cultlike" and a visiting friend said "the environment in that house was positively Manson-esque.
>Their material circumstances also were dire. With no income other than welfare and contributions from relatives, the group survived on a bare subsistence diet. French recounted living on no more than a small cup of soybeans a day for a month and at one point band members were arrested for shoplifting food (with Zappa bailing them out).

>mfw tax dollars went towards financing this mess

>often included physical violence.
>crappy propaganda
Dude, those Magic Band guys were fascinated Don's crazy creative drive, they loved what they were doing and thanked him for keeping tight working order, maybe otherwise nothing would have came up, the creative process was genius itself, Jeff Cotton was held in a closet for hours for ''hitting the Beatles-ish C-note'' listening to some old blues reccord, so to get rid of that ''heresy'', it wasn't a torture or something, otherwise they would all leave him on the next day.

Listening to this all the way through puts me in a weird mindset. Like a lonely, wistful feeling, with boundless love for all my fellow humans. Yeah, Freewheelin' seems like a bro's album

>trusting people and assuming people's intelligence based on musical preferences
pleb

This is beyond pleb's capacity to understand.

>pretentious
Dachau blues, those poor Jews
Dachau blues, those poor Jews
Dachau blues, Dachau blues, those poor Jews

>forcing
they chose to and have fonder memories because of it

Anything by She and Him

Bruh, that doesn't even sound like music, are you 13?

See, the pleb detection works!

Well, I guess my teen detection worked as well.

If they don't listento afrorock/afrobeat then they can get the FUCK out my way

Good job proving nothing he said wrong. Go listen to kenny nigga

>tfw listened to TMR eight times and don't get it

guess I'm dumb

you don't have to get it mate, just realize that it sounds good

Yeah it's probably bait, but I mean I understand that not everyone likes shoegaze, especially this ambient/noise type but saying this doesn't sound like music is just plain retarded.

This is for you:

>Yeah it's probably bait, but I mean I understand that not everyone likes shoegaze, especially this ambient/noise type but saying this doesn't sound like music is just plain retarded.
I've gotten a reply from one friend, who was probably not serious, that Loveless can only sound good on LSD. I think he listened to the first ten seconds and turned it off. I've also recommended Loveless to another friend who likes Ed Sheeran and similar musicians, because of the inherent pop sensibilities of shoegaze. He said he didn't like it, though I'm not sure what he thought of Souvlaki. This video might have given him a different perspective on the album:
youtu.be/KQsdO8e8fwY

Doest this thing have anything in common with shoegaze?
youtube.com/watch?v=OOwydybFfts

>tfw 148 IQ and listen to young thug

Sorry for a late response, but this is clearly a drone/ambient song.

I came to this album expecting avant-garde genius but ended but with an extremely early basic version of Primus.

>ended but with an extremely early basic version of Primus.
Just how? You can't be serious.

>don't be so pretentious

wew lad you need self awareness

John French later admitted in a blog post that none of this shit was true

Source?

primus sucks

Never mind, I was thinking of the fact that French once claimed he composed most of it while Beefheart gave only commands such as "play a strawberry", then later admitted that Beefheart was the true composer and he only transcribed it. Wouldn't surprise me if they made up the rest of that shit for the publicity.

>Wouldn't surprise me if they made up the rest of that shit for the publicity.
Who cares really, it's not like they could've ever hoped to be a commercially succesful band or wanted to. Well, at least Don did and failed at it.

>then later admitted that Beefheart was the true composer and he only transcribed it
This is in documentaries. I've never heard French claim that anyone other than Don was the composer for Trout Mask Replica.
youtube.com/watch?v=zF3jXw81yVA

I love everything about this album, all these crazy stories how it's been made are so hardcore, when you listen to it and realize guys were literally starving, feeding with beans and vegs, being locked up for months all together, practicing every day and dealing with very eccentric Don's character, it seems insane how they made it to the end, the self dedication of these people is enormous and all these things certainly had inlfluence on this album

wow so poetic

i need more albums like trout mask and pic related

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trout_Mask_Replica

Read up nigga

anyone who judges a person's intellect by their musical taste is an ignorant narrow minded pretentious cunt.

the most intelligent people I've known listen to 80s pop music or whatever's on the current top charts

but musical taste is the sole yardstick against which a person's intelligence may be measured

>but musical taste is the sole yardstick against which a person's intelligence may be measured
this is actually true holy shit

I've found Jim O'Rourke and/or Depeche Mode fans are easy to warm up to.

If you haven't, check out Beefheart's later works, they generally keep some of TMR but are less abrasive. And if you like Henry Cow, obviously check out Soft Machine, as well as other rock in opposition bands.