It was great. I am absolutely baffled right now...

It was great. I am absolutely baffled right now. Judging from the trailers and the fact that the director is that guy who made those terrible fast movies I expected an absolute shitfest.

The pacing of the movie was absolutely fantastic and pretty much all other elements fell in place perfectly. The character motivations were a bit simplistic and the story predictable as fuck but that's just fine for a big summer blockbuster. Most fans of the original star trek will probably still hate it but at least the new franchise has become something that is good in its own right. People in my theater were actually laughing and enjoying themselves which I haven't seen with any other big movie this year, be it Marvel, DC or something else.

Star Trek: 5/10
Into Darkness: 4/10
Beyond: 8/10

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gpvm_YZBgtU
youtube.com/watch?v=6Q3dawR-B4k
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Star Trek: 5/10
>Into Darkness: 4/10
So if I liked these two, will I still like this? Hard to say?

>he watched anything star trek after ds9
lol

You will. All the good elements from those movie were carried over. The balance between space and non space scenes is very good and the climax of the movie is similar to darkness but executed much better.

Are you looking forward to the new tv show?

It was fun as fuck. That climax of the big space battle had the whole cinema cheering.

Op can you tell us how much time the Enterprise spends onscreen in the movie? Also, do they reveal a new one at the end?

I'm not sure but it's definiteley more than darkness, probably even more than the first one also the enterprise gets destroyed and later they reactivate an old federation ship so if you count that it's up to 1/4 of the movie

This. I can't believe how srupid the marketing was.

That "we've got no ship" line and the dirt bike footage from the trailer made it seem like it was going to be fast and furious: galactic bogaloo but in my opinion it was in fact more true to the original than either of the other movies.

Thanks OP - I'm aware of the spoiler but I want to know if they introduce the Enterprise A at the end of the film, and if it looks any different than the original ship that gets destroyed

Not OP, but from what I've heard Their new ship at the end looks exactly the same as the JJprise but is called NCC-1701-A

They do. It looks fairly similar but a little less sleaker: the color is more metallic and darker, the frontal dish is not integrated but on a mounted platform and the whole ship seems a bit stumpier while at the same time being slightly larger. There is a really cool 360 degree shot showing the construction.

I loved 09 and hated/felt betrayed by Into Darkness, will I like this?

I felt like you and was positively surprised.I liked it not as ST09 but it is a movie I definetly enjoy to watch it again

Most likely. 09 focused on the crew getting together and beyond does a great job showing them working together both as split groups and as a team. The character interactions is the main dynamic of the movie and what makes it so fun.

Honestly, this movie should just have started where 09 ended with darkness being erased from existence.

>I am absolutely baffled right now.
the thing with paid shills is, they are so easy to spot

I'm just genuinely surprised it wasn't dogshit. I went to the cinema expecting torture but left happy. It's not a great film but much better than its predecessors.

The idea that there's shills for an form of media on Sup Forums is ridiculous. Why would a studio waste money advertising to people who steal all their content online and never leave their basement?

Fuck off

Sweet thanks

It is mindnumbingly obvious that these are shill posts. It almost feels as if a team of "professionals" or maybe even a bot wrote these posts. There is nothing natural or "Sup Forums" about the way these are written. I am almost insulted, did you executives really think no one would catch on? Fuck off and try harder.

And by the way, I will not watch your shitty sorry excuse for a "Star Trek" movie. I will stay home and watch TNG and DS9 and post on comfy Star Trek threads instead. Thanks.

>ds9

Found the redditor

Lol

Fag

>

I wish they had extended the musical number.
It was such a great idea even if stupid, I wish I could have savoured it longer.
>when I see where scottys idea is going
>getting giddy when they say it's going to be 80s rap
>that guitar intro
>that mid song scream erupting everything in the ship's wake
It was pretty hype my flamingoes

I've heard every Star Trek series be labeled "reddit". I don't give a fuck. And I still won't watch your shitty film btw.

That's the best insult the team of marketers could come up with?

ITT: Shill Trek Beyond

We don't care if you watch it or not. This is just a thread discussing the newest installment of the franchise. Does it really feel so absurd to you that someone would have a positive opinion on a movie on this board? Do you even enjoy movies?

for me it's the shill, the best meme of 2016

[where_do_you_think_you_are.jpg]

>Beyond is actually good

color me surprised, those trailers were fucking awful

This

Whoever was responsible should be fired. He or she most likely burned millions of gross through sheer stupidity.

why are you quoting people from the first trailer reactions in your first paragraph

>Does it really feel so absurd to you that someone would have a positive opinion on a movie on this board?
Yes; the fact that you would ask a question like this is proof that you are a shill who never goes on this board (except to shill your shitty new "Star Trek" movie of course).

>Do you even enjoy movies?
Of course; I merely have standards, which is why I still won't be watching your garbage film that was made by talentless hacks.

This is my last reply, I hope the paycheck from Paramount/Bad Robot is worth it.

I'm very excited now.

Not OP I saw it last night and I'd say it's great.

Ah, one more thing:
>We don't care if you watch it or not
>We
Who's "we"? You mean you and the team of marketers shilling your shitty, garbage flick? You gave yourself away, shill. As I said, try harder next time.

Now, farewell.

youre so bad at shilling, this might work on facebook but not here, please fuck off

>we
The people itt talking about the movie

Why don't you take your bag of memes and FUCK OFF? If you really did believe this was a shill thread, why even post a single word?

Joke or not, I'm actually somewhat interested in this movie.
Sure it won't be all that good, but there's been so much shit that's come out in the past few months that anything half decent will look like a gem.

>Warner Bros shills shit spamming DC threads the past 4 months

>Now Paramount shills have found Sup Forums

Is being a paranoid conspiracy nut a new Sup Forums meme? I haven't visited for a while.

Anyways, nothing ground breaking in this movie but it was solid fun with some action set pieces avtually bordering on fantastic. I loved the sabotage and gravity fist fight.
Bike scene can suck a dick though.

>2011:
>anon1: Hey this new star trek movie was pretty enjoyable.
>anon2: Pleb. One should only watch what's good for time and strength is limited...

>2016:
>anon1: Hey this new star trek movie was pretty enj-
>anon2: KEK SHILL BIG BLACK COCK REDDIT SHILL HOWEVER JUST SHILL WHAT DID HE MEAN BY THIS SHILL ARGHHABLARGHHGHFNKJSFNVKJ

I think overall things slightly changed for the worse...

>If anyone dare say a positive thing about anything anywhere on this site they are a paid shill for it

Ahahaha, I love this meme.

Where the fuck is the cam leak torrent already?!

>worse...
this alone gives you away, again, you dont understand the place youre in, you just dont get how to communicate here

this is an obvious and blatant shill thread and youre not fooling anyone

The bike scene felt a bit out of place.

The sets were good. I wish the aliens in the opening scene would have been pratical, the cgi looked really crappy. Also the soldiers were cg too I think? Why couldn't they use costumes for that? All the makeup and prosthetics were really good, they should have been used more...

*tips fedora*
Good day, sir.

No one is being paid to shill for Hillary by the way. It's a Republican-funded lie and a pathetic attempt to smear her campaign.

What the fuck does the election have to do with the new Star Trek movie?

Apparently America is the new Australia. Personally I blame moot

Agreed.
Soliders were boring as fuck in design.
Also really tired of the meme of humans bare handed punching and kicking the shit out of fully armoured burly alien soliders. I'll give the half vulcan a pass, that scene was great, but when even the dainty zoƫ handles two at the same time a part of my soul withers further.

And why oh why didn't they give sulu a fight? The only confirmed crew member to actually have advanced cqc training?

yes shilling is a myth, everyone who says otherwise is racist and ignorant

>And why oh why didn't they give sulu a fight?

Because he is a fag now, he would probably just start effeminately slapping them

All of those are posts meant to provoke people. The person who makes those threads only want to sit back and watch people bitch about something, not actually discuss.

>someone took the time to make this image.

That's pretty pahtetic even by Sup Forums standards

how fucked in the head are you, you think there are hundreds of people who makes "provocative" threads at the same time and then dont respond to their own threads? you simply have no clue about the amount of these threads.

its not such a fucking controversial idea that there are people who get paid to spam forums with shit, jesus fuck

So uh.
Anybody here not crazy and wanting to discuss the movie?

Like, what happened to the traitor? She just went away.
Or did I somehow miss her death?

she was crushed to death by the enterprise wreckage when it flipped over

>anybody here not crazy
those times are over. not even the letterbox threads are good anymore even though it looked so promising when it started...

No, this thread only has Alex Jones' followers and people who cry "shill!" if someone says anything good about a movie that they made their opinion on without seeing it.

Great fucking movie.
youtube.com/watch?v=gpvm_YZBgtU

youtube.com/watch?v=6Q3dawR-B4k

Just sayin'

>the fact that the director is that guy who made those terrible fast movies

Fucking pleb.
Lin is very good at what he does.
Better Luck Tomorrow was great.
He directed some of the best Community episodes.

And his Fast movies were FUN AS FUCK.

OP is fag as always

Oh yeah.
Damn how did I forget that.
>early onset alzheimers here I come

I saw it today despite telling myself not to, I was just too bored and there was really nothing else showing at the local cinema.

Didn't like the previous two but this one was pretty ok, there's less bad dialogue and fewer plotholes.
It's not a great movie by any means, but this one at least felt like a Star Trek movie and was entertaining at the same time.

If you thought the last two were even remotely entertaining you'll probably like this.
I'd say the first one was a 5/10, Into Darkness was 4/10 and this one is 6/10.

How the heck did Kirk and Chekov escape the saucer flipping over? They were right by where it touched the ground and a moment later they had outrun the entire length of the dish

Am I missing something or was that just bad editing or a plot hole?

>they defeat the aliens by playing "Sabotage" by the Beastie Boys really loudly
How is this forgivable, flick apologists?

That tune is really really good.

Was the conflict compelling? The swarms of ships and Idris' character seem bland

>Sulu... you can't... do thing
Sulu turns
>...c-can you? can you do thing?
>thing? *smirks* you kiddin' me, sir?
*YEAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SABOTAGE!!!!*

Why is Into Darkness rated so low? kahn is one of the best star trek villains, Ave even though, it was pretty much hinted that it was Kahn, it was still a good reveal. It was action-packed as fuck.

Nah, writing was a bit bland.
Idris was great though. As were most of the cast.

>it was still a good reveal

It didn't have the same weight as the original, which rubs a lot of people the wrong way.

>those terrible fast movies

Five and Six were both fantastic action movies made by one of the few new blockbuster talents in Hollywood who actually understands how to choreograph an action scene. I'm not at all surprised that this is getting good reviews.

The end fight of Into Darkness was one giant plothole.

They need Khan's uberman blood to revive Kirk, meanwhile they already have 72 sleeping ubermen in their cargo hold.

Keep replying, I get $0.10 every time you do and I need to send my kid to college.

not OP, my problem with it is that it felt like someone had a solid Jason Borne-esque sci fi script that was welded to an early draft of Into Darkness.

I dont even really like Star Trek (some of the Films are comfy though), but from this reboot series I expect more pew-pew space action and less... running and punching through london.

Nothing will ever top the next generation star trek movies

I don't like any of these new actors, they are all too young

was a fan of next gen tv show... honestly i am at peace with not ever bother to watch the first 2 jj movies. wonder if i should try that one, op sounds hype. its probably a TRICK tho. think i'll wait .

dumb iPhone poster

its an already bad movie with one of the most cringeworthy/terrible final acts ive ever seen.

Yes yessss, more more! You're going to Harvard Billy!

So how did everyone feel about the dumb reveal of the villain...

Being a MACO. Specifically implied to be one on the NX-01 during Season 3 of Enterprise when they were fighting Xindi, then later fighting in the Romulan Wars, before being folded into Starfleet as a captain when MACO was disbanded as the Federation was formed.

It seemed like something that should have mattered more than it did, or should have been brought up earlier.