Kendrick Lamar General

let's talk DAMN and the second album theory

he's set to close out the first weekend of Coachella today at 10:35 PM PST (1:35 AM EST) today and will also close out weekend 2 on the 23rd, which you can stream here:

live.coachella.com/

Coachella thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

live.coachella.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=zDRhXbrOIkk
mega.nz/#F!mERyFJSD!AACoHHmCjPoqQs75fxvv-Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Guys, I don't think a second album is coming but it just makes sense. DAMN released on friday, and Tupac himself had a double album. It adds up but...idk

Who knows. I personally think there will be one because while Damn is really good it feels somewhat incomplete.

Ironic or not, I'm not sure I like God.

Play the songs in alphabetical order. Much better.

>zyx

lol, Duckworth is musically and thematically the perfect closer. Doesn't fit up there.

you need to fix that order

If there's already a general on this talentless hack then all other threads on him and his shit music should get deleted and their respective posters permabanned. Fuck off, all of you.

become a mod if you like Sup Forums so much

>I got loyalty, got royalty inside my DNA

>My DNA not for imitation

>Your DNA an abomination

on my 2nd playthrough of DAMN. right now. There are a few standout tracks but as a whole it doesn't feel as put together as to pimp a butterfly or good kid maad city. Perhaps further playthroughs will prove me wrong, just my initial thoughts on the album so far.

that's why I made the general

Same. That's why I find it hard to believe that he doesn't have a second album. I remember him saying in an interview how serious he takes his music because he knows how serious his fans take it. The concept on this one just isn't that strong.

I'm not from US - does that mean he's playing in 10 mins?

no, 10:35 PST is ~11 hours from now

Where are you?

I agree. But to me the biggest surprises are how tracks like LOVE. or GOD. made it onto the album but I suppose he's going for a bigger commercial appeal with this one.

Still I was kind of take aback with tracks like those

Soz from UK
Forgot to tell difference between PM and AM

Yeah, it'll start at 6:35 AM for you then.

Is there anywhere I can watch it live?

I think you mean self-aware

Yeah, I linked it above.

live.coachella.com/

it's on the 1st channel

it's in the OP you fuckwit

My main problem with the we wuz kangs shieet is that they seem to assume all black people in africa were living well beneath their own cultural leaders. When in reality its way more corrupt and exclusive there then in the us. Also the african kings were the ones selling slaves to whitey lol

cheers
might legitimately wake up for it incase he performs second lp

FYI this isn't live right now. This is a replay from yesterday. Doesn't start until 3:35 for today.

You know an album is bad when Sup Forums is like "okay, cool, where's the REAL album?"

The same thing happened with King of Limbs, IIRC.

what's with that trip you got there?

only reddit tourists think another album is coming

Yoooo check out my reaction to DAMN.

Hella lit!

youtube.com/watch?v=zDRhXbrOIkk

Peace out

Jakc

literally no one has said THAT

Oh wow, I totally remember that.

What if the second album is just playing the first one backwards??? DAMN.

I undeersand the we wuz kangs shit to an extent...

but I never expected Kdot to go full on WE WUZ JEWS N SHIET

nice

Humble should be the closer

.NMAD

So I was taking a shit the other day...

its pretty clear people aren't that happy with it
it's not a bad album
but it's bad for a kendrick album
as that producer tweet said - its old K-DOT, not modern kendrick, and it has all the shit tropes of avant-rap without the concept behind it

If the second album theory is wrong (which it probably will be imo), what does TOC stand for?

table of content

Take Out Chump

Damn.

BAN THEM ALL

I do. It doesn't belong where it is though.

hey, I created the general for this reason. Don't ban me.

EVER SINCE I WAS A YOUNG MAN, ALL I WANTED TO BE WAS A GUNMAN

IT'S IN HIS DNA

Yep. I would think this would be obvious. Not sure why they're so idealist and willfully ignorant.

anybody got v0, 320 or similar of the album on hand? away and can't download it from PTs myself right now.

get soulseek

mega.nz/#F!mERyFJSD!AACoHHmCjPoqQs75fxvv-Q
here's a link to the flac

Love you, user.

is it autism?

n shiet

Apologize

she ruins every album she is featured on

(You)

Wonder if Kenny will bring out the '2 for XXX tonight? They're jazzy/trip-hop part of that song was fucking great.

Maybe. I was thinking

are you forgetting something?

I think the real concept of the album is trying to find the answer to the cycle many blacks find themselves in, a cycle of perpetual violence, degeneracy and being largely ignorant. The album poses a question on Blood: is it wickedness or weakness? Are blacks predisposed to be like this? Or are they just a product of their shitty environments? This to me is reinforced by the next track being called DNA (wickedness/predisposition) and the one after being ELEMENT (the environment/hood). The album then closes off with DUCKWORTH a song detailing how one small choice of not pulling the trigger this one time was able to break the cycle for a lot of people (basically everyone who works and will work at TDE). And it is made much more deep by Kendrick saying that it was all coincidence/luck. If Anthony would've just forgotten about and not cared about the kindness Ducky showed him the cycle would have stayed intact.

Do you think Kendrick hates his girlfriend because she's half white?

this meme is so hilarious xd

Yes, when he's plowing her from behind he's probably just looking at her with a contemptuous and scornful glare and with an inner loathing.

She's mexican

I love it, one of my favourites aside from PRIDE, FEAR, FEEL.

There is something very sad about GOD. When he laughs A-HA it sounds very forced like he is not actually happy and i get that from the lyrics as well. Also i love the way he sings. It doesn't sound like kendrick lamar song as well and i find that very intriguing.
>DON'T JUDGE ME

I meant to write, I love the way he sings
>DON'T JUDGE ME
not necessarily the way he sings in general. That line really stands out to me.

>Mexican
>not white
choose one

They should ban trips instead

I liked her song desu

(You)

He has to hate her for being half a foot taller than him.

Must be 18+ to post.

N(ow)(i)M-MAD

I think it's a great album, maybe sounds more like a bunch of amazing tracks rather than one story (tho there is a concept there) but that doesn't matter to me...great songs. Though yeah, I agree with you. I don't understand the appeal of LOVE. There's some articles with the producer talking about how "it's a whole new genre" that he's created. No, it fucking isn't. It's a decent beat but not special.

Also I'm still open to a 2nd album coming, BUT a lot of the theories (duality, red/blue pill, etc) all can make sense within just DAMN. itself. Wickedness, weakness...one theory is that you can interpret the album through each lens by listening to it backwards after you do it forwards. Forwards, Kendrick lives. Backwards is the story where Kendrick's father is actually killed and Kendrick becomes a gangbanger and maybe dies (maybe I have that backward). Still hoping for an album tho, or at least something special at his Coachella performance.