Post something you enjoy and you think is unique. I wanna learn some new music

Post something you enjoy and you think is unique. I wanna learn some new music.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f9EzSEFeyoA
youtube.com/watch?v=rzk_S36Qk4M
discord.gg/eT4HZ
youtube.com/watch?v=_-okRVwEvp0
youtube.com/watch?v=4bjPlBC4h_8
youtube.com/watch?v=-t5KCZeueco
discord.gg/7kWTg
youtube.com/watch?v=f7QzxYAjgNc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

very well
1/?

2/?
(not kiddin you, I've tried but everything else seems so fucking different)

3/?
literally nothing will ever be similar to this, because the idea of the album is that it's baiscally a mixtape of ideas.

I mean, maybe you'll find some of every genre in different albums, but not mixed. Plus it has some god tier drone/noise with spokenword of a crazy guy. I don't think there are many albums with a legit recording of someone crazy

4/?

minimalistic "post-punk" (it's not really tho')
they released only one album

highly underrated, don't really know anything similar

Wow that sounds great. I'm definitely gonna give this whole album a spin.

5/?
this is also a very unique album
literally nothing sounds like this

it's really long, I advise you to be ready to listen to the whole record, or atleast one entire cd (which should be a bit more than 1 hour)

a substitute teacher in high school recommended me burned mind & ever since then i've always had a soft spot for it

ok I'll stop here

these are all very common (maybe young marble giant a bit less)

Have fun listening to these masterpieces

Thank you for all these great recommendations, I'm glad there's some I don't know! Excited to listen and appreciate new sounds.

Burned mind melts my brain.
Thanks for this recommendation.

Hungarian classical + breakcore = unique listening experience

kind of a pleb choice but whatever never heard anything like it.

Sounds dope, I'm gonna listen. Thanks!

the seer is another masterpiece album by swans.

while soundtracks for the blind sorta aims to be a soundtrack for a movie that doesn't actually exist, the seer aims to be a very surreal experience that will definitely take you for one hell of a ride. it's 2 hours long, so you are definitely going to need to be ready to dedicate yourself to listening to this album in its entirety.

for swans' other releases i am able to listen to them on shuffle without really caring, but for the seer, i absolutely must listen to it in order and in its entirety. i never pause this album if it's playing.

What a pleasant thread. Id like to suggest Ween if you dont know them already. Pic related is raw and noisey, but every release of theirs is totally different, they dont have a specific genre. Their weider or more "brown" albums as they call it would be The Pod or Pure Guava (which are amazing). Try The Mollusk or Chocolate and Cheese if you want something more accesseble. Probably one of my favorite bands

Thanks so much, what a great recommendation. So much varietyyyyy

I'm so all about laying down and meditating whilst listening to an album just like this and I intend to do so.

This used to be pretty popular on this board but fewer people know about it these days. Check it out. Not sure how "unique" it is but judging on the other things in this thread it would probably fit that description.

I just looked it up to give it a listen and it sounds like exactly something I can enjoy. Thank you.

If you like it, Deepchord has a really deep discography full of awesome stuff. None of it really reaches this apex imo, but the coldest season and all of the early 2000's detroit stuff is pretty great in its own right.

Something from leftfield here, definitely unique, 20th century opera.

youtube.com/watch?v=f9EzSEFeyoA

(pic related is the best recording of this opera, better than the Met recording and the Colorado symphony orchestra recording, even though it's a bit quiet.)

a bunch of canadian musicians (gy!be, silver mt. zion etc members), isolated in an adadoned house and improvesating for a week
contains a lot of field recording elements. very minimalistic, mostly instrumental, one of my favorite albums of all time
their second work worth listening too.

My nigga if you like Wolf Eyes you might like Hair Police

youtube.com/watch?v=rzk_S36Qk4M

i would also like to recommend ( ) by sigur rós. this is probably my #1 post rock album. the lyrics in this album are entirely nonsensical, allowing you to fill in the blanks with whatever you think fits the music

I will die if I listen to this. What's it called???

Sings Reign Rebuilder
Album by Set Fire to Flames

>Wolf Eyes
>unique
yup, we're all truly impressed with how unique baby's first power electronics record is

*Ded* this is precisely what I was looking for when I started this thread. This music makes me cry, in a good way. It warms me inside.

Thanks for your insight.

Hey this threads first shitpost, thanks for contributing to the quality of this board friend!

I'm enjoying this, adding to the list of must hear.

We went a record time without shitposting lol

You're right, I do!

This has been posted before, but I feel like not enough people have listened to it. Probably my favorite album of all time

you are welcome

Favourite song from the album , if you have one?

Op here. If anyone's interested...

discord.gg/eT4HZ

Clara

dunno about unique, exactly
but it's *something*

unique because of mix of fancy indian ethnic music with prog/psy rock

lol I immediately liked this

Dude this is great driving music lol

unique because it's a mix of sounds from washing machine, great art

I know it's been posted on here for years, but I'm still yet to experience much like it.

drinking songs
amazing east-european folk (some gypsy vibes i guess), album has unusual transition in the end

>Mat Elliot is from Bristol
He will know plenty about gypsy vibes.

But nah, I love that album.

What in the fuck. This is great.

Yes that's a lovely album.

Canto Alentejano

That guitar sound is what I am here for.

Now that's some interesting shit

This holy shit.

This album was one of those "I didn't know music could sound like this" kinda moments for me.

And after I looked up the lyrics I realized they were probably written by someone who doesnt speak english. The way the phrases are aligned with the beats doesn't sound like how any native speaker would talk.

But it ends up sounding like half-alien hybrid language and works perfectly with the uncanny valley spliced up music.

literally every second bedroom breakcore producer from the late 00s is an imitation of this album

This and other Mr. Bungle releases are really unique and eclectic, genrehopping several times in a span of a single song. This album is their most accesible and it has some doo-wop melodies etc. but it still has weird moments. I love it.

That's a really fun sound, I like it. Thanks so much!

This is fucking amazing

Matter of fact this whole thread is breddy dope ty. My contribution is crazy blind composer man.

this is obligatory, I still have never found anything like this

also try:
the mysterious production of eggs
basket of light

this

no problem

Father of surf rock and guitar god.

Thank you, and thanks for the contribution. This is so sick.

Dont know how unique I would consider this release but it is certainly quality.

try happy sad (altho it's better ;)

Yeah, Matmos are kinda known for their bizarre sampling concepts/techniques. Their best record is probably "A Chance to Cut is a Chance to Cure" from 2001 that's made primarily using samples of hospital procedures. Their 2005 album uses all these crazy techniques to paint "sound portraits" of 20th century gay icons, and features Bjork, highly recommend that one also.

And then, inevitably people were complaining about their sampling being a schtick and that the band was a one-trick pony so they went out of their way to make Supreme Balloon, which was recorded using no microphones: all analog synthesizers. There's a Terry Riley feature which is mad chill.

They're super nice people in person, Drew teaches in the English dept at my school. Just got married to each other too which is pretty qt

Classic and tubular as fuck.

I don't usually listen to noise, but I found myself enjoying this album. It can be unsettling, but I liked it. Plus the cover is so fucking cool.

I've heard Marriage of the True Minds (or however it is). Some tracks were unlistenable for me, but others, like the first 3 (i think) were damn good

Okay I'm gonna have to check all of these albums out, sounds crazy wicked. Thanks for the info! Love it.

seconding this!!! fucking great record.

Gonna recommend this album by The Field. His style is pretty unique, I guess you could compare it to Seefeel or some of Wolfgang Voigt's stuff but he has this ear for melodic hooks among the dense, repetitive ambient techno that comprises most of his recordings. Imo Cupid's Head is his best album, Black Sea and No....No.... are fucking earth-shattering

Fucking lovely

I love this.
The fusion of religious themes/oriental sound/stoner metal is just fascinating to me.

I almost just deafened myself on one of these songs lol. I like this, it's chill, comfy sounds.

Desu Rabbits.

youtube.com/watch?v=_-okRVwEvp0

Well it's not totally unique, but probably one of the least-derivative groups from this subgenre. Others try too hard to be metal or rock groups.

Marriage of True Minds is probably among their worst stuff, I agree. the opening and closing tracks are sick though

Loving this, it's very intriguing.

btw, did you go to this album immediately? What songs did you listen to?

In my top 5 albums, absolutely great

repost link

First I listened to Pink Cigarette, then Sweet Charity, then I clicked over to Disco Volante and liked that album a lot.

This has been a good thread to lurk, thanks lads.
I'll just contribute this well known, but still unique sounding album.
youtube.com/watch?v=4bjPlBC4h_8

Excellent thread. Recommending Deerhoof, this album never fails to make me happy

youtube.com/watch?v=-t5KCZeueco

discord.gg/7kWTg

Shiiiiiit that is some cool stuff. Thanks for hanging. :3

already listened to it, it's one of my favorite Tim Buckley albums but it doesn't have THAT feeling. Buzzin fly kinda does

I feel like I've listened to all of the common astral weeks recs, got anything else?

Helpless Child is GOAT. I actually cried to it once

This...

Just an old goodie.

youtube.com/watch?v=f7QzxYAjgNc

This desu

The Seer will be in my top 10 for that reason, it's a masterpiece

That song Hungry, feels like breathing in your ear. Wicked.

Oh, and on that note I'd love to recommend Long Distance Trip by Samsara Blues Experiment.
It's got an oriental/Indian sound mixed with a heavy psychedelic feeling.
One of my alltime favorites.

This sound feels nostalgic to me for some reason. So cool.