youtube.com/watch?v=ofbtetrxB74
youtube.com/watch?v=cvqIBuI8nT0
youtu.be/Y16wUdGD4EA
youtu.be/6993BdVL_0k
sherparecords.bandcamp.com/album/hidden-hind
youtube.com/watch?v=whQPOJHZOhM
youtube.com/watch?v=vig9F7B0D0U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I like The Mars Volta and Ling Toshite Shigure. Recommend me something for tonight that's not MASS OF THE FERMENTING DREGS.

Do you guys know any hardcore sounds?

akirameru.bandcamp.com/releases

Listened to pic related last night, it gave me a feeling really similar to HANL(I think they're even on the same label?). Really heavy but still has that sort of shoegaze warmth

Ruination - Kairon; IRSE!

I listened to Mahogany's The Dream of a Modern Day and i loved it. What should i listen to next?

has the final version of the "best album by year" chart been finished yet?

Ooh, it's new stuff.

Anyone heard Petal Head? I love Spooky Something. Nothing groundbreaking, just sounds nice. youtube.com/watch?v=zTHTf0GLK_s

3 minutes in and not digging it, how is it any good? Also no hardcore guitars really :(

Where do I post this gem? youtube.com/watch?v=V4GbqWdwmHc
How does this guy exist?

Pretty sure the guy said the polls would close when the last thread died so I guess so

This sounds just like Yes but in 2017.

We got three ties from last poll cycle to work out, get voting nerds
>2001
strawpoll.me/12761814
>2010
strawpoll.me/12761804
>2013
strawpoll.me/12761799

yall niggas is bitch if you aint fuckin with this

wtf how did m b v not get through

Nu males thats why

Thats my shit there

Have you listened to this album? I think I've found it in a sharethread or an earlier /shugazi/ thread. As with most shoegaze albums I've listened to, it seems to me that most of them get better with multiple listens and Newmoon''s Space might become one of my favorites. It has a bleak, crushing and finally a feeling of relief. Definitely give it a listen.

Yeah they're both part of The Flenser, you could probably peek at some other bands on there for more shoegaze bands of a similar variety.

Planning for Burial even manufactured some cassettes of HANL's compilation album Voids which was pretty sweet.

what are your favorite riffs in shoegaze?

Seagull bassline

wow, getting Whirr vibes from this. I dig it.

tfw Slowdive will be released on a national holiday and i'll probably not be able to hear it until the 6th :(

i think it didn't quite get the exposure it deserved in the shoegaze community, but it fell kinda flat with me overall. the individual tracks range from alright to great, but everything blends together after a while.

Yeah I'm getting some Whirr vibes from this too, pretty nice. Speaking of, does anyone know anymore Whirr-like bands/songs?

>i think it didn't quite get the exposure it deserved in the shoegaze community, but it fell kinda flat with me overall.
This is what I've felt when listening to most shoegaze albums for the first time, except Loveless, though it grew on me. Which shoegaze albums would you recommend if I enjoyed Loveless, m b v, was disappointed by Isn't Anything and Going Blank Again and still indifferent to Souvlaki?

not really a riff, but the chord porgression after the chorus on Change by Stella Luna always hits me hard

Check out LSD and the search for god.

It doesn't seem to be well received on RYM, but I'll listen either way. Any more recommendations?

best MBV emulators are
Astrobrite
LSD and the Search for God
Oeil

1/3

2/3

3/3

also rym is pretty dumb when it comes to shoegaze. they just compare everything to loveless

I'm honestly not looking for emulators, I'm looking for something unique, gripping, otherworldly, but thanks.
And thank you.

I haven't seen next this flowchart before and, thank you. It seems really well made.

no problem

if you want Loveless sounding albums, Despondent Transponder by Fleeting Joys, Stargazer by Stella Luna and In the Presence of Nothing by Lilys might please you. if you're indifferent to Isn't Anything and Souvlaki idk how much shoegaze you'll like tho, as most OG gaze sounds more like those than like Loveless.

Does anyone have an opinion on this?

This bugs me to shit about rym, shoegaze is probably the worst offender. You'll have a band like Gene, who has a sound kind of reminiscent of Strangeways Here We Come, and all the reviews will talk about is whether they do or don't sound like the Smiths, and it stifles any real discussion.

The most baffling one I've seen is Idlewild and R.E.M. Any resemblence is such a tiny part of their sound but people can't shut up about it.

Just listen to Starik and Sinister Waters II, that's the only time when it's not dreamy and floaty,

I'm still trying to get into their second EP
Guess it won't happen. Pretty cool that they came back after 9 years though.

Does anyone have an archive of shugazi artists????

What kind?

Japanese shoegaze

There's this one archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/72048281/#72057183
Feel like there might be a bigger one somewhere, not sure though

absolutely livid

Oh alright thanks for the link my dude

Flying Saucer Attack are reissuing their debut
vhfrecords.com/catalog/flying-saucer-attack-st-cd-vhf11
Go cop a copy
mega.nz/#F!hAcjBKiD!nshFvCA8bOxjA2vcl6Gulw
Here's my MEGA folder of all the Japgaze I've got, zipped up by album

There was some dude constantly stuffing the ballot box of sunbather and some dude who kept doing it for the other two as well. Think the cheater for m b v probably realized it wasn't worth rigging such a pointless thing.

sick, hopefully they do further and new lands too

youtube.com/watch?v=99yEF_f_iAk

Thank you very much mister :-)

>Sunbather getting beaten by meme-dreampop

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Very nice, I'll make it my project to get all those albums possibly lossless, I'll share if I can get it done.

>Memebather even competing against the best dreampop album of the decade

Air Formation - Daylight Storms

What's some instrumental shoegaze (or shoegaze with vocals so incredibly low in the mix that they're hopelessly unintelligible so it might as well be an instrumental)?

i liked their debut album, im hoping they release a slightly better one, it'll be gold

exactly what i was thinking, mbv is amazing even outside the context of shoegaze. no other rock album has done what that album has
I M H O

bump for the tiebraker polls

Listening to Xuvetyn from Lovesliescrushing right now and it fits the bill

youtube.com/watch?v=ofbtetrxB74

>And I wish I could show you the same view
>Of you by the window and me
>Feeling fine
>And me just feeling fine
>And me just feeling fine

Fantastic Dream pop with shoegaze undertones. Pairs well with a summer/spring day or if you're feeling in love.

youtube.com/watch?v=cvqIBuI8nT0

It's slept on too much.

You can buy an album for half a pound?

What actually is that?

How's this for a "/shugazi/ bandcamp essentials" chart
Help me out here

Why don't you describe their sound a little? Maybe add like two tags per album?

which one of these is the most like Psychopomp cuz i fucking love that shit.

I know I'm forgetting more important shit or some of this might not be exclusively bandcamp core, help me out

candy claws, tamaryn, maybe spc eco
Also I wouldn't throw in the same artist twice

i think it only really makes sense to put unsigned artists who's work is only really available from bandcamp if you're going to make a bandcamp chart.
artists who have been working with labels for years also put stuff on bandcamp, you know?

>unsigned artists who's work is only really available from bandcamp
yeah this is more what I'm going for, I'm just not entirely sure which releases have been bandcamp exclusive or not

yeah, you're gonna need to remove Jay Som, Japanese Breakfast, and Wye Oak. Not sure about the other stuff, but you could probably check discogs or rateyourmusic or something to check the info for any release

Man I just love this album so much.

Good job.

I'd add suffering astrid, trautonist, sun devoured earth, drape and lightfoils

youtu.be/Y16wUdGD4EA
wheres the new asdig?

Haven't been around in a while - I thought /shugazi/ was dead. Glad to see it isn't. Time to start lurking again, I desire some new sounds.

are stereolab /shugazi/?
youtu.be/6993BdVL_0k

I have absolutely no inteterest in shoegaze but I got a related image.

sherparecords.bandcamp.com/album/hidden-hind very nice ep from an italian band. check it out if you want!

Underrated shugazi band
youtube.com/watch?v=whQPOJHZOhM

hey there it is

Their early stuff is pretty close. The problem with Stereolab is that their sound is pretty hard to slap with a label. I don't think I'd call them /shugazi/ but then again I dunno what I'd call them.

Not bad at all
Post a link if youre gonna shill

The polls by year from last thread were full of lots of good, overlooked releases from each year going back to 1985
If you want to branch out check those

I can't believe there is another person on here that has listened to barlow, The fell asleep ep might be one of the most influential albums in my musical existence.

lots of people here like that ep it seems like
I bought it on tape off their bc page but it's been in transit purgatory for the last month

>I can't believe there is another person on here that has listened to barlow,
You haven't been here long then, I was seeing that EP posted in /shugazi/ at least once a week for a while

Barlow is well known around here, Fell Asleep EP is also one of my favorites. Personally I don't know that much else by them tho

I rarely come on any /shugazi/ threads

>alcest losing to teen meme
>candy claws shills out in full force

>iktf

the only problem with checking by label is that lots of these albums still got most of their hype through the bandcamp scene even if they're technically signed
I think shit like jay som and japanese breakfast fit fine on there

>mad that sunbather is losing
I feel bad that Alcest is losing tho, Beach House is good, but not good enough to warrent 3 aotys

Chasms - On the Legs of Love Purified
Lazy Legs - Chain of Pink

Why didn't Sweet Trip do more like this?

Just heard this for the first time, and it's incredible >youtube.com/watch?v=vig9F7B0D0U

eh sadly i don't have the album downloaded, but iirc it's only a few bucks, might as well help them out

Any updates to the /shugazi/ 2017 chart? Are we gonna start voting on albums?