/dixie/ - Southern States General

This is a recurring general and not intended to be a permanent one, so it will probably not have any editions after this one.

This is a thread for discussing the culture of the Southern US. Feel free to drop in and ask questions or talk about Dixie's food, customs, traditions, and identity. Posting music is also strongly encouraged.

>Invited: Virginians of the West or East, Tennesseans, Kentuckyians, Carolinians, Georgians (the US kind is preferred but the Caucasian variety is acceptable as well), Mississippians, Floridians, Louisianans, Alabamans, Texans, Arkansans

>Special guests: Missourians, Marylanders, Oklahomans

Theme: m.youtube.com/watch?v=kK7TZWpK3AI

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5dCSdfZFTHE
youtube.com/watch?v=Arde9psKcYY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

wait a minute...I've been rused

Howdy

When are we rising again?

What's the proper way to make fried chicken?

>tfw southern Democratic party is dead

We held onto the House of Delegates in Virginia all the way to 1999. Now we're probably going to nominate fucking Periello just because he's young and photogenic, rather than a real southern Democrat like Northam.

What stereotypes do Southerners live up to?

Southwesterners besides Commiefornians are also true southerners

flour and seasoning, no wet component

Is it still possible that some states could secede?

The US is still a relatively young country.

Nope.

Not really anytime soon the divide between states is less than it has ever been, politics aside.

Virginia diaspora reporting in

I wouldn't be surprised if it happened one day, but it's very very unlikely to happen anytime in the near future. iirc the only legal way for a state to properly exit the union is to get the consent of every other state. Any other type of secession was made illegal in the 1870s.

Fat, love guns, make delicious fried food, are typically pretty friendly.
t. NCfag

nuke the south

>Based Webb won't run
feels bad man, the Virginia Democratic Party is just a vehicle for party shills to springboard themselves into national relevance now. At least Periello is actually from Virginia, at least.

Shitty General.

Jim Webb is awesome. He's getting up there in years though, only candidate I would have supported over Trump from either party.

As a fellow Greater Carolinian, I agree with this

Agreed, but Louisiana is fine in my book.

pssh nothin personal kids

Are people in the south the friendliest of seppos then?

All of them, basically, positive and negative.

All that work and all he got was a shitty tank named after him.

when you smell something funny when you walk down the street, you're in ____ town

I'd say so, yes. It's nice but can make being an introvert kind of hellish. People will just randomly greet you if you go out for a walk here and you pass by them.

Greeting fellow Carolinians

dixie

If you're also a friendly white-acting fellow, probably

'no'
Only people who have never left the south think they are the most polite people. In reality it remains, midwesterners, particularly Utah

>This is a recurring general and not intended to be a permanent one, so it will probably not have any editions after this one.
really makes you think

I would just like to say that I would have no objection at all to this being a permanent general, actual.

>lived in the south since i was 7, still don't have a taste for biscuits
I've even gotten to liking sweet tea but biscuits just arent my thing, idk what's wrong

The friendly meme is partially true. But Southerners can be assholes and particularly bad ones at time. Racism is still pretty bad here although there isn't as much self-segregation like the North.

My brother lived in Georgia for 2 years and gained 20 lbs, also attests to southern hospitality/friendliness being real.

Also Carolinians, Eesti's got a question for you

Can Indiana be an honorary southern state?
>Consistently votes Republican
>Right next to Louisville
>Farms, people that speak in a southern dialect, etc

Just fucked my cousin and came inside her

Man I love being from the south :-)

How do you feel about stores being closed on Sunday? I went to Georgia once and it was a pleasant surprise. Does it cause problems?

How much better do you think the South would be if Lincoln was able to reconstruct the south properly? Booth's actions can still be felt today.

>your state
>Cracker Barrel: based or cheesy Disneyfication of Southern culture for tourists?

Tennessee
Based

Something rubs me the wrong way about rural people outside of the South adopting Southernish speech. Why does this happen anyway?

It would have a lot less niggers; i can only dream

That dialect used to be more widespread, didn't it?

youtube.com/watch?v=5dCSdfZFTHE

Oh yes

>All these NCers and they've never posted in my NC threads I create to educate Euros on our state

Real nice

I live a few hours out of Chicago and there are so-called country folk who speak with their own fake southern accent

It really bothers me

I shit post constantly and never see any NC threads, so what are you talking about?

North Carolina
The latter, plus ive never liked their foid much.

Lmao
>Can a shit state join a general for other shitty states.
The answer would be yes.

Because Indiana is right next to Kentucky?

Secession?

I only make them rarely since the 6 or so attempts were flops.

>It would have a lot less niggers

How so? He knew he couldn't get a majority to go to Liberia. Freeing the slaves only solved one issue, took them another hundred years to get their rights.

My family came from Minnesota so I'll be nice, but if you dont like the south then leave our thread

Well, now that this general has been made you have an audience. Tell us about North Carolina, for one thing why is Carolina divided in half anyway?

I prefer Wade's plan of "burn the entire thing down and start from scratch"

>couldn't make them
>they didn't have rights
Those things dont add up

Sorry Southbro.
I'll be nice :(

>Southerners make a general
>it's polite as fuck
>go to /cum/
>gaypostimg and anime
hmmmmmm

Nice thread

Nice lea-

Appalachians>Low land runts

>This is a recurring general and not intended to be a permanent one, so it will probably not have any editions after this one.
Do a few trial editions to see if it stays alive, this could potentially be a VERY comfy general.

The only place people in the Midwest are polite is out in rural Iowa/Nebraska/South Dakota

the rest of the midwest can get gassed

North Carolinians are an unassuming and private group of people. Other Americans probably don't even realize we exist unless it's HB1, college basketball, or presidential elections.

I would much rather come here instead of /cum/ if it can stay alive desu. The only thing i do in /cum/ is chat with that footfag kraut anyways

>Virginia diaspora reporting in
VA diaspora in South Carolina here

what would the abbreviation for this general be?

It's the Midwesterners and Texans that typically ruin any good discussion on /cum/ to be honest.

>In the 1920s, moonshine runners during the prohibition era would often have to outrun the authorities. To do so, they had to upgrade their vehicles—while leaving them looking ordinary, so as not to attract attention. Eventually, runners started getting together with fellow runners and making runs together
Just learned that this is how stock car racing came to be the other day. It's interesting as fuck, I actually have a much more positive view of the sport now.

>Southern US culture
Those words dont go together Cletus

Delete that.
We bring reasonable and educational discussions.
It's always the Californians who sink any thread.

Why, do you have a scanner that tells you the state from which someone is posting? Or do you ask all of them individually?

>girls as sweet as this are rare these days

youtube.com/watch?v=Arde9psKcYY

there's a TamperMonkey extension that allows people to use regional flags.

>"One of President Abraham Lincoln's policies during his administration was the voluntary colonization of African American Freedmen; he firmly opposed compulsory colonization,[64] and in one instance ordered the Secretary of War to bring some colonized blacks back to the United States."

Wrong. Stop jerking yourself off to the thought of "le forced removal of niggers from ameriga :DDDD" and go back to Sup Forums, you autistic faggot.

I agree with the Californian hate. Worst state of the union

Can't really think of anything shorter, honestly. /csa/ would invite too much shitposting. Maybe /y'all/ or something?

>seceding from /cum/
NOT SO FAST

"Southern General Thread" /sgt/ ?

CSA wouldn't work because some states in the South didn't fight in the civil war.

NC is such a beautiful state. Thought a lot about moving back eventually

>no, you're wrong, THIS is what would happen in this imaginary alternate reality
Okay, you win buddy

Where do you live now?

The yanks are infighting again

CALIFORNIA HERE, THIS IS NOW A CALIFORNIA THREAD, MAKE WAY

You may be able to stop us irl, but you can't stop us on a Polish stamp collecting forum, you tyrant!

Why is California so based?

Yeah, I evacuated that state when I had the chance because it's honestly really fucking boring. Came back but it's unfortunately still really fucking boring. The good news is there are still plenty of good paying jobs springing up in the Triangle Research District and Charlotte.

I dont have regional flags, where are you now, friendo?

Only through armed conflict because it is illegal fora state to secede from the union.

south dakota

it's not impossible, just so hard to do that it's basically impossible, see

This is now a financially independent state thread. You may only post in this thread if your state gives back more money than it takes.

Not so fast, /dixie/.

hi

Life doesnt have to be exciting all the time

Can a humble Britbong that admires the South post here?

Howdy

Well an interesting environment makes for a saner life.

If the South secedes then the Midwest should secede as well.

Absolutely, Brits are some of the nicest posters to us on this board.

According to you dixiefags, it doesn't have to be long either.