Which languages do you speak and on what level are you?

Which languages do you speak and on what level are you?

English
like maybe 5 or 6 right now, my dude

inglish and italian at great level

Polish, English, Latin - Expert

Afrikaans and Arabic - Learning

Portuguese native
English basically almost native
German B1
Spanish because it just goes by extension

I want to learn French someday

Me:

>Dutch
native
>French
near native; if I'd get a short immersion I would become native
>English
nearing native
>German
B1, can understand everything. Have issues with the grammar
>Spanish
A2, can read everything. Speaking and listening goes harder

Wow, speak Latin for me please. No insults, be gentle, it's my f-first time.

Arabic. I can speak it like any native

Waarom leer je niet gewoon Nederlands?

B1 ? Hättest du Deutsch in die Schule?

Yep

>A2
>can read everything

Get out of here you lying little shit

I read over the Latin. How did you become an expert? I had 6 years of classical Latin in high school; 4 hours per week. But it's hard as fuck. I can not speak it, it's just too difficult. Latin did gave me a serious edge on romance languages though

I speak only Russian. Pretty great, I can into a local dialect and I've read tonnes of books.

Afrikaans is a lot easier (ie time consuming) and I can still communicate with most Dutch speakers. Apparently Afrikaans is what most Dutch kids speak up to a certain age.

It's true. Having Latin in high school does that. Italian and Portuguese are also doable for me

Yeah the grammar is easier. The kids thing is a lie though. Certain Dutch dialects will sound more familiar to Afrikaners than the standard Dutch from Amsterdam

speak english,
few words/phrases in french,
leaning spanish (complete beginner)

>How did you become an expert?
I started learning it when I was 13, continued throughout high school and I spent 3 years in the seminary where I was required to learn it (also picked up some basic Greek). I continued learning it after I left/discerned out of seminary.

>The kids thing is a lie though
Meh, at least it will give me a better start when I try to learn Dutch later on. I'll try to focus on Arabic for now.

How do you like Spanish so far? I've been thinking of starting it in a few years.

English - Native
Portuguese - Proficient, I'd say rather close to fluency
Spanish - Proficient. Ever since I put that in the backseat for Portuguese, it's become a little more difficult for me to speak.
Korean - Half an elementary schooler's level, enough to understand kpop tweets though kek

I want to seriously move toward French next, and choose a dialect of Spanish to study to make that move toward fluency.

ب

>Bulgaria
native
>English
maybe C2, too lazy to take an exam to get a certificate
>German
A2 at best

I feel kinda stupid for not speaking more languages.

Y-you're a priest??

Why did you start learning Portuguese? What a weird choice

It wasn't really much of a choice. I fell into it.
>mom is brazilian
>grow up in whitebread town so refuse to speak it, but understand it fine
>decide to take Portuguese as a language elective in uni, it's actually fun af
>move to a city with a large population of Brazilian tourists and get a job in sales, so I'm constantly speaking Portuguese as one of the only speakers in my store

I disliked the language and now I think it sounds beautiful, haha.

What's ur mum's last name tho

Oliveira

Nice. I think Brazilian Portuguese sounds amazing in song and poem, even better than European Portuguese in that regard. But that's just me, don't tell the other tugas because they're autistic.

Spanish, English, German (B1 level though) and I'm learning Italian because I have dual nationality and I don't know the language.

Obviamente hablo castellano.
Avei añeekuaa guaranime.
Also english, of course.
Je avec parle un petit peu de francais.
Und jetzt lerne ich Deutsch.

I haven't had much luck with BR music but I've really come to love fado. I think PT music is more beautiful sung, but BR more beautiful spoken.

I really like bossa nova and brazilian jazz in general. It's way better than when it's sung in english imho m8

I actually like bossa nova more as instrumental music. But you're right, bossa nova in English is plain retarded.

I don't like much jazz in english desu. Do you like french jazz? I love me that shit.

I haven't listened to much to much French jazz. I actually listen to a bit of American jazz, but once again the brunt of it is instrumental. I'm a big fan of John Zorn's breadth of work.

If you're ever stateside there are always jazz festivals going on everywhere if you care about them, very easy to find one.

We have jazzfests here too. They're decent for "forgotten country" standards.
I see you're more of a rock dude.

>Greek fluent
>English fluent
>Italian Advanced
>Icelandic Advanced
>Hebrew Intermediate

Big on kpop actually, hence the foray into the koreaboo language kek.

Portugal could be doing much, much worse. I've been wanting to visit for a few years. I'm going back to school and if I plan to pursue something language-related doing a semester in Portugal doesn't seem that bad.

I mean, I've been to Brazil. How bad can Portugal be?

It's fine, it's just sort of forgotten. A land stuck in the 70's-80's you could say. Except most people know how to use Google Chrome (but that's about it)

english, mother tongue
deutsch, nicht so schlecht
Pyccкий, мeмe

English barfly

Nah, I was in school for it for 3 years, but I left to pursue marriage. :)

>spanish natively
>catalan natively
>english fluently
>french intermediate
>russian beginner

>English
speaking since i was 5, speak it well

>Spanish
speaking all my life, speak it ok

are you a spic

Croatian native
English C2

that's it

English as a native speaker. Finnish as an ultra-beginner.

English and Mandarin, both native

German
English somewhere between C1 and C2
Turkish B2
Japanese A1 (stopped learning after the second semester)
Rudimentary spanish, forgot most of it after highschool

Portuguese
English B2
Spanish B1
German A1