What's a movie that really talks feminism? Or at least a real feminist character that matters...

What's a movie that really talks feminism? Or at least a real feminist character that matters? Not just a movie where huuur rape and revenge, badass girls just posing, etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mAqxH0IAPQI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What do you define as feminism, OP?

>Feminism is a range of political movements, ideologies, and social movements that share a common goal: to define, establish, and achieve equal political, economic, personal, and social rights for women.

What else?
Of course you can see how I'm curious about seeing that pictured in fictional work, even if just a character, with the Ghostbuster story casting shadow on other things that probably treats the problem for real (which was certainly not the case when the remake was created, they just surfed on the comments and dislikes to create this debate and make the film look important I suppose)

PS : sorry for my terrible english

Tootsie

Looks interesting! Thanks.

Mad Men (Joan, Peggy) and The Wire (Kima Greggs)

>real feminist

Pretty much a True Scotsman, that. Could mean practically anything.

For a movie about a feminist movement, last year's Suffragette comes to mind. I haven't seen it, but it's about, well, Suffragettes in early-20th century England.

You forgot Snoop

Also I think it would be pretty hard for film to tackle it with the subtlety that a multi-season television show can. referring to the tropes you mention in the OP

Well, Snoop's character was a bit different. Snoop is my favorite character though. The Only other character I could think of would be Beadie

>thinking that feminism is anywhere close to its dictionary definition

Sympathy for Lady Vengeance

Mother

Why the hell didn't I remembered this one. Fucking fantastic, I just love unusual characters like that.
Maybe Babadook is worth mentioning too, then.

for weebshit Hayao Miyazaki Films usually depict it well
>Mononoke
>Porco Rosso
are the big ones off the top of my head, Also GiTS and Appleseed, but Shirow probably just liked drawing girls in tights.

Oshii's Patlabor for sure.

Cowboy bebop

Literal plebs in this thread.

Orlando

Is the only right answer.

I really don't like Tilda Swinton as an actress.

bump

I'm not totally sure it doesn't fall into the "badass girls that could just be guys and it wouldn't change anything" category, but Jormungand was full of manly waivus and pretty fun to watch.

Buffy, obviously? Pretty much any Josh Whedon series I guess.

What about Tangerine?

youtube.com/watch?v=mAqxH0IAPQI

4 real