Bros that play piano, I have a question

Bros that play piano, I have a question

How do you mentally separate the left and right hand parts?

I.E. I'm trying to play the charlie brown theme where the left and right hands are "off" and I keep fucking up the left part making it follow the rhythm of the right

Any tips? ty

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YPtyHDqbgFg
youtube.com/watch?v=jMMYoLwxU7Q
youtube.com/watch?v=XsTjI75uEUQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hands separate, practice slowly with the metronome and practice in small sections. Put sections together one at a time.

Hmm the song is pretty damn easy so I know every part. I have a feeling it's because I don't know the song too well so I'm not sure which part goes where maybe

You have to separate your hands with your left and right brain.
If you separate your brains, your hands will follow.

It really comes down to practicing a shitload, but do your best to grasp the synchronicity of the bass (left hand) with the treble (right.) Try doing drills where you play a simple one note bass chord continuously while letting your right hand do a melody that switches on and off beat.

practice to a metronome. first try doing whole notes with one hand and the other doing halfs or quarters. work your way up faster. if you want a challenge try doing eighth note triplets with one hand and half notes with the other.

That's why you work slowly with the metronome. Figure out the rhythm exactly, and practice it slowly in small sections. Not just measure by measure, but sections within the measure. Beat by beat.

You like, don't. Remember what to play when, and thats right about it. It's difficult if you dont count tho

separate your ass cheeks and your hands will follow

The fuck, I was just watching a video of that guy play piano less than a min ago

Practice, slower, then faster. Try hitting 2 beats with left hand the same time as 4 beats with the right hand etc.

lucy and linus is the name of the song and as i recall there are parts of it that seasoned jazz pianists have difficulty with...
oh, and i know this a glib answer, but i had the same problem, and the way i finally got my hands to start doing two different tasks at once was just brute force practice...

pianist here (20 years of exp)
play it so slowly you can't make any mistakes. if it's painfully slow, and you still make mistakes, go back to getting the rythm right hand separate.

Also, metronome. start at the slowest, and each time you make it without any mistakes, you can put it 2 beats faster per minute.

I'm an actual piano teacher so take this advice:

The key is being able to keep the pulse but at a much slower tempo.
Pulse =underlying rhythm 4/4/ 3/4 etc

if you can play something at quarter of the speed with a solid pulse, speeding it up is easy

Break down the rhythm until you can hear the exact beat and play it, even if it's painfully slow. Keep playing it slowly and perfectly until it 'clicks'. Pianists rarely are able to wholly separate the motion of their hands, learning by patterns and articulating on them. You just need to learn the pattern properly and the piece will flow.

uhh, no. You just have to practice until becomes comfortable.

You focus only on one side and subconscious will do the other. Trick is to learn it into muscle memory

You're gonna hate me, but it's all about building dexterity in the hands; a.k.a: practice.
You start by going slowly and mentally focusing your attention on one and, then alternate. You say that your hands are "off" when your playing/ I'm going to assume you mean they're not playing together. One extremely under appreciated tool to help remedy your problem is the metronome. The metronome will force you to keep an internal rhythm, that should help you out a lot. Another problem may the fingering in the left and right hand; Idk the whole story, but i'm sure you might find something useful in my ramblings. I play a bit of piano on youtube, so i'm coming from a bit of experience. :)

this this this this this.

this this this this this this.

This is true, drill a hole directly in the middle of your head to sever the corpus callosum and play piano like Vivaldi!

kys

Nub question what does 4/4 3/4 mean

Be the piano

The first number is how many beats are in a measure, the second is which note is equal to 1 beat.

In the case of 4/4, its 4 beats per measure and a quarter note is equal to one beat

take the bogpill

listen to him OP, this is what I do

Ohhh shit ty man

You're welcome. I don't even play an instrument, I just got high as fuck and spent an entire day reading about music theory at the library.

Anything is possible with Bog in your life
Bog be with you

Quit being a loser and finger more pussy. You'll get the hang of it.

That's what I'm struggling with. Been playing guitar for 10 years and I've spent so much time synchronizing my hands that I'm really having a hard time playing the piano.

POST YA CURRENT ENDEAVORS

youtube.com/watch?v=YPtyHDqbgFg

I think the Best song to learn to help developify the syncroyniosis of the dick rubbers os canon in D

d is best key. live it.
>Also checked

Canon D confirmed

Chopin ballade in g minor

I cheated and bought a player piano instead.

You're probably right, because Vivaldi was a violinist. And the piano wasn't invented yet.

Good choice user

Uh no, 4 Seasons were Vivaldi's violin work, but he did a sequel for piano called 5 Seasons that was fucking ILL

youtube.com/watch?v=jMMYoLwxU7Q

this is how i learned to play piano. i'm self taught.
>I have a feeling it's because I don't know the song too well
that's the problem right there. it helps immensely if you're familiar with the piece

beyond that, practice, practice, and more practice. some pieces come easy, some don't. some never do.

keep working at it.

Never used a metronome but I think I'm going to get one after this thread

What song is this?

youtube.com/watch?v=XsTjI75uEUQ

Everyone knows how to play this lol

bullshit
you're doing 2 things at once already
a minor change like flipping one hand should be easy to overcome.
index to fourth finger on the left hand goes down in pitch for keyboard, up for strings (if you're right handed)

shouldn't be hard to work it out.
practice more, and concentrate on what you're learning