Animal Collective was the band of the 2000s as Death Grips are the band of the 2010s

>Animal Collective was the band of the 2000s as Death Grips are the band of the 2010s

Do you believe there is truth to this statement?

AnCo had no hits, Death Grips has no hits, so no, I don't.

y-yes

yea except i doubt death grips will remain relvant for long...

>Get, Got
>Beware
>Guillotine
>The Fever
>No Love
>On GP
>I've Seen Footage

I said hits, not singles.

I doubt Death Grips will stay relevant as long as AC

Yeah, they're both the biggest Sup Forums memes of their respective decades

By popularity or by quality? In either case no, but AnCo is closer

My Girls was kind of a hit

I could agree. We've still got 3 years to go and DG's best is already behind them. In comparison, AnCo arguably got better and better through the very end.

All Of Those are above 1M and 5M on youtube and their stats are going up as time flies by

Internet Fame ≠ Fame

>le relevance meme
Stop. I mean first of all, Death Grips of all bands would know when they're overstaying their welcome, and secondly "relevance" is a stupidly subjective thing. I've heard people call mainstream artists at the top of their game irrelevant and that's when I learned it was all bullshit and half the time people just pull that shit out their ass. This was when Kanye just released MBDTF.

Oh okay,
DG has filled up entire theaters in the course of hours and days... So has AC...
DG's albums chart the 200... So has AC...

*ends your misery*

There, now you can stop acting so silly

theres no denying that among 15-25 year olds who actively listen to music (ie not just listening to the radio or whatevers ont) they are probably the single MOST popular artist... i cant think of any other artist i could talk to with literally any one with in my age group...

Once you "get" Death Grips, they immediately lose their appeal. The shock factor is cool at first but then it's eh

nah that's just your perception

can we all agree that death grips is more meme than anco in every way?

Animal Collective is the band of the 00's along with Radiohead. And I think the 10's are not a "band" decade, considering that artists like Kendrick Lamar, Frank Ocean, Kanye, Kevin Parker are dominating the game.

yuh

Agreed. The 2010s are about the prolific DIY, all-in-one producer, solo acts.

1950s: Buddy Holly
1960s: Beatles
1970s: Led Zeppelin
1980s: Talking Heads
1990s: Nirvana
2000s: White Stripes
2010s: So far either Death Grips or Tame Impala

Hence why the 80s were the best decade.

>Kevin Parker

Death Grips fucking transcend time. The very concept of relevancy is irrelevant to them

None of these ever came close to the top 100, Drake and Rihanna have both had multiple #1's

cringe desu

even the best of Animal Collective's albums are half great songs and half shit so no

>2000's
>not Radiohead

oh boy