Holy shit, this album is so dense with samples...

Holy shit, this album is so dense with samples. I honestly think people will be finding uncovered shit from this for decades. It's like the Geogaddi (or should I write iddagoeG) of rap.

It's dense with lyrics too, seriously.

It's not the geogaddi of rap what the fuck

Prove it, Drake snake

this stupid motherfucker literally sampled rat boy

NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA WHITE BITCHES

boy what a great genre

Where?

So much hype built up, and he pushes out this pile of dung. So much disappointment, I really liked TPAB.

So you don't actually like rap music?

>making it this obviously you haven't even listened to a single kendrick song before

lol

>GIMME SOME GANJA

b8 af

TOTALLY agree man kungfu 'GOAT' kenny is the best rapper alive dont diss him like hopsin

*upvotes you*

I have though
>PRAY MY DICK GET BIG AS THE EIFFEL TOWER SO I CAN FUCK THE WORLD FOR 72 HOURS
WOW SO DEEP LMAO

>picking one line out of context to prove a point about lyrics not being deep

It really is.

TPAB was very dense and upfront about it's elements, but in DAMN. you just have this atmosphere. It's up to the listener to pick out what's going on. Unbelievable replay value.

>unbelievable replay value

First listen I was like that was it? Then continued to listen to it over and over again for the entire day liking it more each time. Literally the only song I dislike is GOD

ya that song is so strange. BBNG apparently helped, kaytranada is singing all weird on it, and then rat boy shows up. I'd like to hear the stories from the studio on that one.

Even then god is still catchy

BOO BOO

Yea, I think it's cheesy as hell but still good. It fits in perfectly after FEAR

what do you mean so dense with samples? Sure the last song has quite a few, but the rest of it only seems to have a handful. Are there any more specific ones you're aware of that aren't marked on who sampled?

NATION. CONFIRMED

I'm still trying to figure out where the second half of XXX is from

I think this one of his weakest albums but PRIDE is so goddamn good

lol Geogaddi of rap? what the fuck. Paul's Boutique is closer to that in terms of samples, or maybe the Unseen by Quasimoto in terms of vibe

you realize that is the entire point of the song right?

go listen to GKMC in it's entirety and you'll realize how fucking stupid you sound

GOD is very misunderstood. It's not just that it's cheesy, it's a sad track and perfectly placed after FEAR. I think it perfectly represents the cover. Look at KEndrick's face, this is what i imagine he looks like on that song. He's depressed as fuck. Also the Don't judge me verse is great. It's almost meta that he asks multiple times not to be judged on a track that is too often dismissed as a Drake imitation or parody.

The whole point of that song is him talking about how dumb he was rapping about fucking bitches in his car and not caring about life.

it's just u2 playing

i dont understand, how is geodaddi known for samples? it doesnt have many..

No, he doesn't. The electrical activity in his brain is about that of a AAA battery's--he is actually incapable of reading into lyrics. Tragic, but sometimes retardation can also be in someone's DNA.

Anybody pick up the 24 carrot magic sample on loyalty?

Did anyone else notice how a bunch of the tracks have stuff being played in reverse. Could lead to some interesting discoveries.

>It's like the Geogaddi (or should I write iddagoeG) of rap

Can someone explain what this means? I've listened to BOC's albums but I don't know much else about them.

in the context of the album, "backseat freestyle" is a flashback to him as a teenager having fun getting high w/ his friends & free styling to beats in the car.

check out the songs "blacker the berry", "momma" and "untitled 03" if you want to hear a little bit of his more unique stuff

>Tragic, but sometimes retardation can also be in someone's DNA.
topkek

AAAA

HAAAA

All of you people are dipshits. Literally every argument yall make is fucking retarded. Give me a lyric and ill decipher it since yall cant understand it

Why would I?

This is dumb.

>what happens on earth stays on earth

what? it's no more 'dense' with samples than any of his other albums...

if anything it probably is the lightest in terms of sampling, the fuck are you talking about

fuck you talking about? plenty of hip hop albums are loaded with samples because thats the fundamental aspect of beatmaking, sampling.

Yea it feels like there's a sort of empty arrogance there. Like within the context of the song, he's using all this bravado to cover up his regrets.

I'm not . That line is so straight forward.. What is it you going to take with you the moment you pass away? not materialistic things but your mental wellbeing. accepting who you are for what you are.

It's about more than lyrics. Even vocals consist of many more things than just lyrics, dummy.

I see it as a condemnation of humanity and atheism. The line mirrors "what happens in vegas stays in vegas"--Vegas being a slum where people go to be immoral and fucked up, a Westworld-esque theme park where we all indulge in sin. If "What happens on Earth stays on Earth", that implies than nothing we do here will have any consequences in the afterlife, that we get a nice little reset button after we die. Kendrick, I think, is saying that too many live this lawless life where Earth is a big Vegas where it's a mad grab for wealth and pleasure.

The ambiance on Love fucking melts my brain

Stop shilling, nobody cares about this album anymore and it's only been 3 days. Huge disappointment.

Exactly, I just like TPAB

Agreed, was kinda iffy after the first listen but each time now I just love it more and more, Lust wont get out of my head.

He's a good rapper, and there's some interesting things happening in the song, no doubt. But please pump the brakes a little bit before you draw these kind of comparisons.

Haha awesome reddit picture lmao

>Dickriding and defending an artist this hard
>Fucking sad desu

great response. bet he never saw THAT coming.

The album is actually pretty good, I didn't like it that much h on my first listen but the more I listen through it the more I enjoy it.

>carrot
>carrot
>carrot
>carrot

It's karat, retard.