How did you overcome your worst fear Sup Forums?

How did you overcome your worst fear Sup Forums?

Drugs doesn't count. If thats the case, what kind?

Just do it, don't think about it

embrace the fear in whatever way possible.

Possible tools to use:
Trust intuition.
Use logic.
Go slow.

Weed. If I could get medicinal, I'd say "the right strain for the right job". As some strains are good for depression, others for anxiety. Some just to relax and/or sleep. Even a few for menstrual cramps.

Right now, I have one that has the side effect, "Talkative". Which is a first, truth, and kinda fucked up for what I understand the effects of weed to be.
With that said, the strain Green Crack is the world's greatest anti-depressant. Can't smoke that and not be happy.

I used to be a bit haemophobic, specifically if I was bleeding, i.e. bleeding gums when brushing teeth, paper cuts, any type of bleeding.

Got over it by getting really pissed off at myself whenever I accidentally cut myself. Like one day I was reaching into the backseat of a car for my iceskates, forgot to put the blade covers on and cut my fingers just before going to work. Usually I would vomit everywhere and practically pass out, but I was so pissed off at myself for being a retard I felt absolutely fine afterwards, and now don't feel so sick if I start bleeding.

You just find something infinitely worst to be afraid of, and that just keeps happening.
Age 5 worst fear: a xenomorph biting off my dick
Age 20 worst fear: being tortured into madness over a period of years
Age 30 worst fear: going senile/mad or getting braindamaged
Age 34 worst fear: that I am completely defective and will never be useful to anybody and do more harm to the world than good

I havent. Still virgin in fear of my dick is too small. Damn i look at my dick right now, ITS SO TINY!!!!

I'm at 30 getting over your 34.
Finding good, real friends for support is probably the way out of this.
At the very least, it seems to be helping me lately.
It's just not an easy thing to do apparently.

I'm scared of bullies.. I have never been in a fight and i'm 20 years old.. I don't want to be some dangerous guy but i envy people who can beat the shit out of someone who are threathening them, even if they get beat up themselves.. Basically i need to get beat up to get trough this fear right?

Scared of needles, got my tongue pierced.

Scared of heights, went skydiving.

I grew up with bullies. Get a mean resting face, don't back down or second guess yourself when shit hits the fan. Just go with your gut. Do whatever you think is going to end with you in the least amount of pain or hassle.

this is actually partly correct. The more mysterious a fear is, the worse it is. Analyse it and you will defuse it over time.
You must stare into the face of your fear until you can see the lines around it's eyes, you must know it down to the smallest detail. Only once it is familiar will you own it and move on.
I got over my fear of Aliens (from the movie) by asking about them, realizing they're just like wasps/ants, and learning a fuckton about them, gave me a love of biology and suddenly aliens were the coolest thing in the world, until I watched Predator.

It's a fear of the unknown that gets us. Most fears are more than likely just our minds trying to figure out variables and repeatedly coming up short.

no op, but I guess that makes sense. Why my life is kinda shitty now and I gotta fix it up, I'm dating again.

Start martial arts training or learn boxing. Or just go to a seedy bar and pick a fight every week.

Yes. Go to martial arts classes and do lots of sparring, trust me you will get hit plenty. Learn some anatomy and psychology in the meantime. After about 2 years of training people will stop scaring you.

I'm fighting social anxiety, and have actually started dating! In a weird and kinky fashion....
If you're going to do something right, you might as well go all in! I guess. Or something along those lines.

Answer me this though. How does a person with social anxiety seek help for their social anxiety?

My worst fear is my fear of life itself, and I haven't overcome that. Doubt I ever will tbh.

that second option could actually get him stabbed or his jaw broken though, that won't help if he knows absolutely fucking nothing.
Also, he'll get arrested, then beaten down constantly in prison.
Don't start fights, finish them.

Face death. Once you understand and accept everything that comes with death, you'll learn to appreciate what you have to work with.

Then it's just the long road to figuring out what you want, and making it reality.

>Drugs don't count

But what if my worst fear IS drugs, user? Well, that's not entirely accurate, but I do have issues surrounding them. The problem is, I want to love them, and for years I did, then I went though a bunch of anxiety bullshit where I basically got panic disorder and I recovered from that but I was never really the same, and now psychedelics don't really mesh with me and drugs in general make me anxious. I still haven't really been able to solve it, but exposure helps. The problem is, I feel like I'd need a lot of exposure to fully get over it, and since I only do them in moderation, I'm in a bit of a pickle. I always leave it long enough for the anxiety to come back. Haven't really solved it yet.

you get a good buddy that knows you and can constantly tell you that you're doing fine man, keep it up. Also you just keep doing social things, social intelligence is a muscle you have to keep working it.
A lot of asperger's is just people who don't have practice socializing so they don't understand little nuances and other people.

A fun story I want to add to this user's post.

Kid was picking a fight with me. Kept telling him to fuck off. Got tired of listening to him. So I said, "fine, let's go outside, I'll kick your ass.".
So outside we went. He swung, I dodged, knocked him down. BOOT in the butt. Went back inside.
Did what I set out to do, the end.
Until the older brother showed up that is. Which brings me back to an earlier post about having good friends around.
They broke that up before it could turn into anything.

Except I do understand them. I understand them in such minute detail that I come off as, probably creepy, but more likely just "intense" as a coworker once put it.
It takes people a while to get used to the particular brand of crazy that is me.

That and I think open honest sincerity triggers people for some reason. Not entirely sure why. Or even if it's reality.

It can be hard to counter the protectiveness of family members, which is one reason going out looking for fights is a really bad idea. Also it's a nigger thing to start fights over nothing, don't be a nigger man.

OP here, i meant beating your fears with drugs, because it feels like taking drugs to numb fear is just gonna bring it back once you sober up. If i'm wrong, just tell me the drug and i'll do it until fear is no more.

Post script, I suppose.

Also, I randomly slip incredibly subtle jokes into conversation without any effort or thought. Where one friend gets it, and the rest just stare confused.

All stemming from spending way too many years analyzing social interaction and my internal motives for what I do.

Yeah I know what you meant, it just made me think of my issues.

You need to learn how to relax and not overthink things, and you don't know everything, if you understood people you'd know there's certain times blatant honesty needs to take a back seat to tact and subtle hints. That takes a long time to learn, there really is no end point to it. Your older self 5 years from now will always know more about it than your present self.
Unless you get alzheimers/brain damage, which is one reason it's so fucking scary and disturbing.

well like we've said, self examination helps with fears and mushrooms are supposedly really good for that. then again so are fasting ordeals and a sweatlodge plus some good hard guided meditation

I know I don't know everything. But I have analyzed the shit out of the subject.

Weed helps. As I posted above a few times. Calms the mind, allows me to focus on one, or at the very least fewer, trains of thought. Which is why I've actually started enjoying being social again.

To answer you, with what I said above, numbing the sharp edge of your pain and or problems helps a lot. The hard part is knowing when to stop, and/or cut back.

Which brings me yet again to. While you're numb, get friends to help you when you need to sober up. Be honest, don't deceive. If someone responds poorly, they probably won't help you anyway.

nice one

Nice trips yourself, nigga.

does 2929 count as dubs?

How big is it

Find a dominant woman on a fetish website.
You'll have a fucking ball.

Just make sure it's not a scam site. Fetlife is a good option if you're not in the middle of bumfuck idaho.

There are some people in my life right now who are trying to beat me up bloody for something i didn't do.. It's a long damn story, but this is what you get when you sorround yourself with criminals.. Killing these people is not an option, i'm not a guy who is going to spend his whole damn life in jail.. I just have to face it no matter what, thats what makes a man isn't it?

If you feel your life is in danger, or at the very least serious injury, you can always be a rat.
Just know that there are consequences/options to that too. Nothing in life is certain. Best you can do is predict and hope your assessment is valid enough that you squeeze by.

fighting off one person is manageable, more than one person and all hope of mercy or honor is out the window. Better brush up on how to protect your face, ribs and knees.
Just out of curiosity, what did you do?

fear of dying... i dont know. just woke up one day and decided to stop being a faggot.

If you didn't do it buy a fucking gun and tell them so. Life is too nasty to get crippled early for something you're innocent of.
Just know that if you kill them, more will come for you, and it will never end. I guess you've sort of guessed that at this point though.

Would it be the same if you decided to be a faggot?
If you catch my drift.

As a bonus question, if you stopped being a faggot, by choosing to become the faggot you know you've always been, what kind of faggot does that make you?

Had stress and anxiety for a few years now. Been doing well taking herbal supplement ashwaganda for this and find myself naturally talking to people/interacting far more than i used to.

If you can please a woman consistently she doesn't give a shit about the size of your dick. Make up for it with technique, look up how lesbians fuck they have a lot to teach you. There's a thousand things that make sex great, a dick going into her vagina is only like 20 of them
Take this from a guy who had 4 girlfriends for 2 years and had to use google calendar just to fit all of them into the week
There are actual sexuality classes you can go to, learn your shit and it won't matter

Being a rat is definetly not an option.

Long story short, three people robbed be off some money, what they didn't know was that that money belonged to some damn hard- headed gang members whom i might have done some business with. They know they can't to shit to those guys so they are coming at me instead, i think these gang members can protect me, but i don't want to count on it.

I'm not much of a tough guy, but i can stand up to myself at a certain level, but these particular three guys kind of scare me.

I know they wont kill me, but i know they want to beat the shit out of me unless i give them some large quantities of money, which i just wont do.

I'm sticking with the fetlife advice.
Because let's be honest. If he can lurk on Sup Forums, he can lurk on there. Eventually he'll find his niche, post, and stop being a faggot. Or become a bigger faggot. It's hard to tell when you're starting out.

Failed to mention, these gang members got their money back, by letting them get on their knees and shit, making them look like fucking dogs, so you might understand their anger on me.

Sounds to me the tough guys who got their money back are your best option for not getting fucked. But I can't see you getting off without sucking a dick or something similar. If not in concept, in personal cost.

>Age 20 worst fear: being tortured into madness over a period of years
This so much. Thought that fear has evolved into more abstract and simpler form. Time. I fear time. Anything with time except its normal flow is fucking nightmare fuel.
>small time jump - everybody you love is dead
>large time jump outside of humanity lifespan - alone
>time stops - forever alone, frozen, unable to die
>time flows at different speed just for you - completely fucked up
>time loop - same day over and over. Even worse, same minute over and over.
I read about this research to slow the perception of time for inmates that should serve multiple life sentences. Fucking nightmares.

I swear to god, time better not do any fuckery while I am alive.

fuck them, their choices led them to where they are in their lives. Their anger makes no sense, get some guys on your side, lure them into an alley and break their shins and a few ribs. They will be off their feet for awhile to think about their lives, and who they should or should not fuck with.

ROCK N ROLL DURGS JEFF

/x/ must be a fun place for you. Sup Forums too, there is this Flash villain who he decided to "rob of all his speed", freezing him solid but leaving him conscious. He put him in the flash museum and left him to rot there, watching the world move around him while he couldn't, to slowly go mad.
Don't worry though I'm sure CERN won't punch any holes i

ha I had a fear of aliens to, am the guy you replied to.
I had a psychosis linked to them in regards.
Just that I fear my sighting (possibly reflectors) means they can turn into humans too.
But your right, analyse it and things should diffuse somewhat enough to gain some form of comfort.

Working on my mild arachnophobia by learning about spiders.

I say mild because I don't usually care about spiders - unless it's encroaching and its overall size rivals a quarter.

My fear is getting hurt, like physically. Let me come with something specific. I rollerblade, and pretty good at it. I remember first time i did my first serious jump from a ledge. It was a tricky jump, i knew that. I put my safty gear on, as i do if i do something stupid.
I was rolling into the jump, i needed to jump over some cement and then dropping something like 1.5 meters. I chickened out a lot of times, my whole body said i shouldn't, but i knew i could do it. What i did was embracing the fear of the fall, i said to myself that if i don't make the jump it's okay, just simply okay. Then i jumped, and almost landed it, but i fucked up. What i did was getting up again, and doing the thing over. I fucked up 3 times, and then gave up. I've never tried something more challenging, and i fucking love my self for trying it, and then 3 times in total.
My other thing i tried was jumping from a ledge into a half meter fall, in the air turning my back and landing fakie. Same as usual, chicken out a lot of times, but in the end i just went with the flow, and that time i landed it. 2 times in a row. and i did so on my 21th birthday, it was the best present that day!
Hope you overcome something immediate difficult, it really pushes your boundaries, and helps you grow.
Pic is me right after landing the fakie jump. I know, i look retarded

I might do this, but these aren't just wannabe's, they might even come to my home, attack my family. In that case, i wouldn't hesitate to kill them, but then again, i don't want to rot in a jail cell..

>722222222

Well written user, inspired me.

Just take like 400mcg's of LSD, wait until you're flying, then take the biggest hit possible of DMT. After that basically you're god.

Sadly I haven't. I'm becoming so paranoid about getting shot or being in a shooting that it's beginning to keep me from going to see movies or going to work. I work at a high school. I know for a fact that a kid had a gun in his locker until he was reported and police arrested him. It doesn't help that I live in the states in the South, soooooo... everyone here actually does own guns.

I used to be afraid of things that would result in an untimely death or injuries that could lead to incapacitation. Then I reminded myself that if I was in a coma, that I wouldn't know it, and that my fear of death was predicated on the uncertainty of where I would go, so I made a wager that if I do the right thing all the time that i'll not have regrets if I die and there'a nothing after this, and that if I do go to hell but I had done nothing wrong that God isn't really worth worship.

I defined ethical action as being action which i'd have to be comfortable with repeating for an eternity, and if I couldn't live with my actions that they were wrong.

Thanks user. I feel the need to add i smacked my head into the ground after practicing jumping and landing fakie. That picture had a cost, a small headache and a bump, but damn it was worth the moment.

this is bait