Who is the better Smithers?

Who is the better Smithers?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2enWW0U3VQw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

African American Smithers

give us /film/

IIRC they changed his skin color early on because they realized Burns essentially had a black slave.

From what I saw when I watched the simpsons (~1992-2001) they avoided racebaiting BS. Carl and Dr. Hibbert are both treated as independent characters instead of the black guy and no eps with them revolve around racism.

I only brought it up because I'm listening to an interview with Al Jean right now and he said it was confusion on the part of the Korean animation staff. They saw he had curly hair and weren't given specific instruction, so they semi-racistly just assumed he was meant to be black. By the time they got the animation back there was no time to change it, so as a result in season 1 Smithers is black. Interestingly enough the same thing happened with Marge's dress- a hungarian animator just had to randomly decide it was green because there were no specific instructions about it.

More importantly why did they whitewash the simpsons?

i think the animators just got his colors wrong, i mean why is his hair blue?

if he was black he couldnve been the first gay black man on tv, during a time when it was unheard of

I only see one white person there user.

thats because its the original simpsons before fox made them whitewash it

wake up sheepls

>African American
back 2 reddit nigger

none of the characters who had weird coloring in the first season were supposed to look like that

they just exported it wrong and the colors were off (only they didn't export it then because that was not the thing to do with animations in the 90s)

I don't know for certain, but I think that one might have been deliberate. Initially they didn't think they'd be on the air for very long so they were planning a big reveal at the end of the series where it turns out Marge has been a rabbit the whole time and her hair style was just hiding gigantic bunny ears reminiscent of Groening's Life in Hell comic. Pic related. I do know the reason all the white characters are yellow is because when the animators got a hold of the original story boards they saw Bart and Lisa's hair just melded seamlessly into their bodies and were confused and had to make a decision. They went with yellow because it was the closest to actual human hair color that was at least "similar" to human skin tone.

A gay black man on Sup Forums in 1987. They were really ahead of the times.

First smithers was not gay-washed, so I go with that one.

>Here on Sup Forums, we aren't politically correct. If you are, you must be from the boogie man site.

stooopppp thiiissss

>that killer admiring his work

back to Sup Forums faggot

He wasn't gay the first season iirc

>saying nigger is an exclusively Sup Forums thing

You have to go back

and then this happened

>hurr durr back 2 reddit
fuck off ya dweeb, with your edgy secret club shit

a candle

Awful, awful hair.

I Hope you Die, Fucking Wachiturros