Man tries to rape marathon runner (female)

>man tries to rape marathon runner (female)
>she fights back and wins
>police arrive and apprehend him
>she posts on instagram about it (pic related)
>jokingly mentions she would pay his 750,000 USD bail

Wait a second. Criminals in the US can just pay money to get out of prison? Lmao. Nice justice system you have there.

Other urls found in this thread:

de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaution
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You pay bail and you can stay out of jail while the trial's going on.

Money makes the world go round user.

Trump has done the same thing literally hundreds of times. Like the time he got busted for his fake university.

Bail is a thing in most countries. Please finish highschool before returning here.

Bail is when you're released pending trial. The whole point is that it incentivises you returning, to get your money back. It's the equivalent of on remand, but without money involved

What an obnoxious fucking cunt; he should have taken a knife to her instead of his dick.

>Deutsche Bildung

>all those fucking tags

10ft higher

You can pay bail and they get to go free until the trial happens. If they show up to the trial, you get your money back. If they don't, the government keeps it.

It's like a security deposit

de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaution

"Innocent until proven guilty"

Oh. For years I've thought people just paid money to be released and that was it, there weren't any followups involved.

I did ponder how was any of this legal, but this makes more sense.

That said, do you release suspected murderers too? What if someone is charged with murder, gets out on bail, and finishes the witness? Or their family?

>Criminals in the US can just pay money to get out of prison?
t.retard

I always wondered why some lawyer or someone would pay multil million dollar bales for a person they barely know

>What if someone is charged with murder, gets out on bail, and finishes the witness? Or their family?
Depending on the jurisdiction and the offense, judges sometimes set the bail ultra high or deny it outright.

>That said, do you release suspected murderers too? What if someone is charged with murder, gets out on bail, and finishes the witness? Or their family?
If the price is right yes. Lady murdered her boyfriend a while ago down the street from me and her bail was a million dollars.

I know of another time where this guy was in heavy shit for espionage, and the government took his passport away so he couldn't flee the country.

Bail is an industry. It works the same way as insurance companies.
>you go to a bail company, pay like 10% of the actual bond, and they use that 10% to invest somewhere.
Like insurance companies, they risk you jumping bail and then have to cover the 90%. Most people don't jump bail so the risk is distributed.

What's the usual fee for minor offenses, like.. I don't know. Carrying some pot, being drunk and disruptive, or punching somebody?

>Lady murdered her boyfriend a while ago down the street from me and her bail was a million dollars.
>I know of another time where this guy was in heavy shit for espionage, and the government took his passport away so he couldn't flee the country.
Not to be snide, but I love how you're being super casual about this, like we're talking about the weather and not somebody being murdered next door. Wtf.

Depends on the jurisdiction.
t. Not a criminal lawyer so I don't have your answers at my fingertips

>Not to be snide, but I love how you're being super casual about this, like we're talking about the weather and not somebody being murdered next door. Wtf.
It's America my friend.

so basically just like my hentai plot

>Carrying some pot, being drunk and disruptive, or punching somebody?
You're usually just released on your own recognizance when you sober up.
t. has actually been arrested for each of those things in the state of Illinois

Murder is our middle names friendo.

Also as many others have pointed out depends on jurisdiction.

For example pot won't get you shit in my state. At the very most a 100$ ticket.

But in others you can still go to jail for it.

My middle name is Michael.

Well thanks anyway, this thread has certainly been illuminating. I knew spending so much time on this godforsaken website wasn't a complete waste.

Does this happen often where you live or you're just being ironic?

Were you just very unlucky or did you go out searching for trouble?

>Does this happen often where you live or you're just being ironic?
nah, I live in a rich white suburb and was the only time anything like that happened in our neighborhood my whole life. It was an argument that got out of control, they had only lived there a couple years too.

Go into one of the "dark" areas of the country if you catch my drift and it would probably be a different story.

>Were you just very unlucky or did you go out searching for trouble?
I lived in a small town, and I had mental health issues when I was younger.

I remember that, as a teenager living in a small town, I was scared one day after hearing some thugs broke into a house at the other side of the town.
Now i live in a big city, and there's rapes and robberies every day (commited mostly by """tourists""" as the local media now calls them) and i don't even care anymore.

>It was an argument that got out of control
Must've been some argument, lol. Well it's nice to hear you're safe at least.

Hope you have gotten better user.

he needs to improve his rape tactics tbqh

And rapefugees aren't even prosecuted in Germanistan. What's your point Mahmud?

T. 14 year old who doesn't know what bail is

if that developmentally deficient man would have been born in finland he would have lived in warm and hospitable institutions his whole life