Continued thread from last night because I got some interesting responses

Continued thread from last night because I got some interesting responses.
Why don't you play an instrument, user?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F0sgKCetlb8
youtube.com/watch?v=GGU1P6lBW6Q
youtube.com/watch?v=p1_JUTAO0SA
youtube.com/watch?v=tO5p-gNyVlo
youtube.com/watch?v=iCEDfZgDPS8
youtube.com/watch?v=vHqtJH2f1Yk
youtube.com/watch?v=Moo2AmLLwKc
youtube.com/watch?v=gu7GYsdaZpE
youtube.com/watch?v=f3rz_DFNENk
youtube.com/watch?v=0jgrCKhxE1s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i do, been playing for 14 years

i do as well been playing guitar and Acoustic for 12 years

keyboard for 12 years

Played bass off and on for like 12 years. Thought about getting back into it and bought a new one and an amp - pretty sure I played it three times before I sold it.

I played guitar for a while but stopped because I realized that most guitar based music is just people feeling bad about themselves and life - like the blues, indy, even pop, all those songs are based on bad emotions and bad experiences, and I decided that I didn't want to be a part of that cuckfest anymore, so I sold all my stuff.

I'm still thinking about making electronic music lately but I dont enjoy making music in front of a computer screen... have you ever tried to use ableton/logic/protools etc to make music? It's too overwhelming .. I don't like it at all.

My tastes have shifted greatly too. I listen mainly to masculine classical music and electronic music that isn't meme shit

I thought I would miss guitar after selling it but I dont

>masculine classical music
Got some examples of what you mean?

Yeah here is a very very basic example - classical music 101 tier. But as you listen you will hear that it stirs up emotions and feelings that are decidedly masculine

youtube.com/watch?v=F0sgKCetlb8

My parents preferred silence over all else.

Biggie Smalls over a Beethoven track nigga

i've been playin guitar, since 1 year ago more less.

definitely not getting masculine emotions from this song tbh

That song is entry level shit .. and it's right on the border too.

youtube.com/watch?v=GGU1P6lBW6Q

This song is entry level as well, leaning slightly more masculine. You've prob heard this one before

guitar here since like 6 months max

Thought that might be what you were referring to figured I'd make sure we were on the same page. This shit right here is my jam.

youtube.com/watch?v=p1_JUTAO0SA

Stop playing guitars.

>You've prob heard this one before

I think everyone has. Wagner's way too over played - thanks a lot Elmer Fudd, you fuck...

Cello

Awesome. This is exactly the kind of stuff I was referring to. Got any more favorites?

why tho bro?
not op btw

How's that Sub Ray? Also, is that a Chinese Warwick knockoff?

Varg

>Awesome. This is exactly the kind of stuff I was referring to. Got any more favorites?

Mussorgsky is pretty bad ass.

youtube.com/watch?v=tO5p-gNyVlo

youtube.com/watch?v=iCEDfZgDPS8

I'm the only drummer here
Have been playing for 23 years

youtube.com/watch?v=vHqtJH2f1Yk

Because i cant really be bothered learning, although i think it would be cool.

Have enough skills for the time being, maybe one day.

>have you ever tried to use ableton/logic/protools etc to make music?
>It's too overwhelming .. I don't like it at all.

I think I'll take this, grab my guitar, fire up Ableton and Massive, and write a song about how depressed you sound.

That conductor needs to chill the fuck out; he's going a little overboard.

Be sure to get back to me in 6 months when you finally have a finished product thanks to the complexity of those programs.

I've been a sax player for 14 years. I don't see myself stopping anytime soon, it's my first love.

Awesome. To me this is the pinnacle of music... music is supposed to put you in this kind of mood imo.

Maybe hes on drugs

Guitar 8 years, Clarinet 14 years and Saxophone 3 years. Music is important

If anyone in the thread likes guitar/metal and classical, this track's pretty cool. His timing's a little off in a couple of places, but I dig it.

youtube.com/watch?v=Moo2AmLLwKc

I do

been playing electric, bass and acoustic for about 5 years now, played Saz on and off for a couple of months. Playing heavy fuzzed up sabbathy riffing.

Currently looking for a drummer and vocalist, they're so hard to find for some reason. Holla at me if thats something you're into (worth a shot)

Am i the only user in this thread that plays the highland bagpipes?

Does this tickle your pickle, or is it too modern? Also, you can go on about how "masculine" your music is, but it sounds like you're the one with the gender insecurity. Let that shit go, brah.

Anyway, submitted for your approval:

youtube.com/watch?v=gu7GYsdaZpE

Where you live?

drummer here
been playing for only a year but its fun as fuck

This is awesome too. I was about to post that video games and movies are a great place to get 'masculine' sounding classical-ish music. Snobs would turn their noses up at it for sure, but it's all great stuff. The important thing is that it has to put you into a good state of mind.

And as far as the term masculine goes i'm really not attached to it, you could replace it with 'high energy' or something. I'm just trying to make the point that it is music that makes you feel like conquering the world.

I do, but I also want to understand how music works, does anyone have any good music theory resources?

Mandolin and Guitar

I want to learn basic piano, nothing fancy. Was debating buying one of those Casio keyboards where the keys light up to teach easy-mode.... anyone have experience of them? Gimmick or worthwhile for a total beginner?

It'd be longer than that, but that's my own procrastination, having to work a day job, and I have a full length album I need to finish recording and mixing etc.
But gg, I'm just messing with you. Whatever path works for you is the one you should follow.

A lot of programs have steep learning curves, but once you learn them, it's worth the effort.

classical/acoustic guitar, jazz and classical double bass, dabble in drums and electric bass, and do a little bit of electronic.

ok that is badass dude

forgot the pic

joey pls go

The beatles could knock out a hit song in a few hours

How does that make you feel?

All they needed were guitars and their voices and a pad and a pen

I do. Oboe and Piano, wanting to try Harmonica. I have a Trombone in my closet but i'm too fucking lazy to learn to read bass clef.

My family had an accordion and lira korbowa lying around when I was growing up, and I got pretty good with those. My father gifted me the lira when I moved out, but I had to sell it a couple years ago.

I'm a DJ, how's that dusty instument, grandpas?

In that case, we are on the same fucking page, paragraph, and probably sentence!

That track is one that I'll play to get myself pumped up before taking on ba big project. But there is a lot of guitar-based stuff that gets me pumped too, and has nothing to do with heartbreak, emo shit, etc.

sperg

been playing bass for 1 and half years and i bought a guitar last month. Helps me relax and things are starting to click for me musically

It's going great, thanks for asking.

Bought a cheap, unlabeled acoustic guitar off craigslist last year that won't hold tune. (Hoping new strings will fix that) Have wanted to learn since I was in high school but previously I haven't been very persistant. Anyone have any suggestions on where I should start? Thus far, I have no real experience that would benefit me.

i'm gonna try the classic guitar, someone know a good place ( on web ) to learn?

>guitar based stuff that gets me pumped
Share some, i'd change my mind if its good

I did played the Bass guitar for about 3 years but stopped during college's last semester and haven't touched it for 2 years now.
I guess i just don't feel as motivated without a band anymore, gotta go back to practice some time...

Fuck... This is hard on me. I played electric guitar but stopped. Tomorrow i'll start playing again. This just opened my mind. Thanks, also not a 9fag

LOL, we're talkin bout real instruments here kiddo, take you fruityloop productions to /pol

Makes me feel like I don't have the resources they did.

And define "knock out" btw. Do you mean go in the studio, get it recorded, mixed, and mastered? Or just write it? Cuz I've written some songs pretty damn quick, and others have taken a decade or more to gestate.

But I feel like I'm not the Beatles because, well, nobody is. But I'm glad you'd automatically think highly enough to put me up against them. :-)

if you can afford it, replace the machine heads because thats most likely the root cause of the problem. putting new strings on a guitar with crap tuners won't solve your problem.

Awesome, thanks. I'll look into that.

Quality bate, mate. When you DJ, aren't you playing recordings of grandpas like me playing instruments, or at the very least pushing keys on our keyboards?

Guitars are for gays.

Keep doing that. I've been at it for 23 years now. I'm not great or anything, but it's always a great way to get the feels out and sometimes make things that help other people.

I do though

anyone can plug in a usb stick and wave their hands over some fake turntables dumbass

I used to play thte drums. Sold my kit when moving across country and never bought another one. I miss playing and still find myself tapping along with songs I really like. But my current place has no room for a set, and I also don't have any of my old friends to jam with, so I'll let drumming remain a fond memory.

First thing that comes to mind. Instrumental, no emo feels. Honestly reminds me of a classic 16bit videogame.

youtube.com/watch?v=f3rz_DFNENk

That's what makes it so brilliant. Especially when girls tell me i sounded awesome.

Welcome back to the fold! :-D

im a pro, bro (at guitar btw)

Well if guitars are for gays, then I don't wanna be straight, handsome. ;-)

Because I'm musically declined.

Slash? Is that you?

Because I am uncoordinated

It's alright but i'm not getting pumped up from it. The intro was pretty cool though

What happens if you tire of girls and decide you want a woman instead?

i'd shop at the same fedora shop as you.

Some oldfags might appreciate this. ;-)

youtube.com/watch?v=0jgrCKhxE1s

i started a couple months back on guitar and piano actually user

I said "woman", not "m'lady", m'lady.

And it's a trilby, not a fedora.

>on a COLD WINTER morning
>in a TIME BEFORE THE LIGHT
>in flames of DEATHS ETERNAL REIGN

yeah, this is the kind of shit I was talking about ... this is the worst

brings back memories though

no, im way better than fucking slash wtf man

I've been trying to but I have no idea where to start and I can't afford lessons.
I also feel like I want to go lefty guitar but everyone else says not to and holding the guitar hurts.
So many things but I'm trying to power through. I just don't know where to start.

Wow user I play db too!

is there a thread for musicians at Sup Forums to share their music?

go to fren