Why did no one seem to give a shit when she died? I thought that was the most tragic thing in the show...

Why did no one seem to give a shit when she died? I thought that was the most tragic thing in the show, and they play it off like "Oh Well let's go play dungeons and dragons".

And what was the Sheriff doing with those people at the end? I'm confused. is this supposed to be a one season thing or a continuing series?

shes not dead genius. its why hop left the eggo waffles in the crate.

It was a month later, dude. And Mike was still clearly mourning her, keeping that little pillow fort she slept in maintained.

None of the other characters knew that. And what was Hop doing with those guys in that car?

spoilers you fucking NIGGER

Because the last 2 episodes were shit.

I don't get it.
Why make the good guy stronger than the monster.
She basically pinned the monster for 1 minute while she turned around and talked and then she just killed it instantly.

Why did they not just throw the girl at the monster earlier?

Also CGI was pure shit, they didn't deal with the monster properly, your can see him to well constantly and it basically only kills two persons during the show, one which had 30 seconds of showtime and another that nobody have a fuck about.

Also the whole flesh interface thing was ignored and not developed, they basically just took the least spooky aspects of the whole theme and ran with it.

>spooky netherworld portal in tree
>"I'm gonna crawl in there."

Why did no one give a shit about Ruby.

>or a continuing series
It better fucking not be.
Twin Peaks was ruined by trying to be ongoing.
X-Files overstayed its welcome by about 4 or 5 years.
And look what happened to True Detective.

Hop didn't about the eggos, which implies he has talked to El since then and she told him thats the food she wants

Because they skipped ahead a month. What do you expect, him to sit around crying for the rest of his life? He got his best friend back.

thanks for the spoiler you fucking faggot

*Last 3

Spoiler time:

They totally set it up for future seasons -

>Hop leaves food/eggo for El
>El is probably trapped in the underworld
>Will travels to the underworld for a brief moment
>he will probably be able to control it
>he is most likely going to bring El back
>friends don't lie
>Mike promised El
>pottery

Don't worry, she's not really dead.

Can we talk about how Hops flashbacks were fucking pointless and took away from the present

I forgot to mention this:

>baby slugs in all those dead people
>more monsters
>antagonists for s2

Can we talk about how wrong you really are?

I don't get whether she was his daughter or not.

>she

...Bane?

I miss this show already, lads. Might have to give it a rewatch.

I just finished my first rewatch and I miss it again, idk why this show has such an effect on me I wasn't an 80s kid

remember he told them that he would make the town forget everything that happened if they let them go

>marathoned the whole thing in one sitting I like it so much
>not even two days have gone by and I want to watch it all over again
Goddamnit this show is going to eat up my time. No other show has ever done this to me before

Exactly the same, I have never wanted to rewatch a show immediately after watching it, I usually save it for before a new season.

>Why did they not just throw the girl at the monster earlier?
she was afraid and ran away. rest of the show is the science bros trying to get her back to kill it
>only kills 2 people
science bro in first scene, barb, several other townsfolk (main scientist states that 6 people have been taken, and it can be assumed that all but will were killed) and then the 5-6 soldiers and main science guy were killed in the last episode. and science dude was featured heavily in each episode so obviously you weren't paying attention and should stop spreading your uniformed opinion

it should play a lot into the same universe. much like the dark tower and talisman that influenced it.

have similar threads amongst different people/places but dealing with similar themes

None killed on screen = who cares
The monster basically killed nobodies and all the main cast was super mary sure

S2 Predictions

El will contact mike over radio at end of first episode
Will is the key to getting her back from upside down
worm things are like hydra, if you cut it in half it becomes 2 worms
steve dies

is hopper the most based character?

No, 11 is.

I think we can all agree El and Hopper are the best characters, by fucking far

Did they shoot this on film? Or can you add in film grain and scratches digitally?

The Teacher was the best character. Fat kid was the worst.

Step aside mofos, this based pussy destroyer is on the scene.

Why did he get in the fucking car with the spooks at the end? I thought they were going to kill him as part of their deal to tie everything up.

dustin was the best you mouthbreather, the nigger wet blanket was by far the worst character

She was too afraid before. That's why the monster got loose in the first place, she panicked and accidentally an inter-dimensional gateway.

Getting to know Mike and the others, and all the stuff they went through gave her the courage and self esteem to face the monster.

Of was the best actor of the kids, if only for all his *SMACKS LIPS* *RAISES EYEBROW SUGGESTIVELY* moments in the background of any scene between Mike and Eleven.

You too, lads? I marathoned all 8 episodes in one sitting yesterday and I'm about to start again, and I never do that. I can't even stand to watch the same movie twice in one month, and this is 4 times longer.

Shit, it's not like this show is groundbreaking or anything, but it nails comfy something fierce. And it never feels slow or otherwise ill-paced. Anything else like this?

I know that feel, all too well my friend

>here are a few series that were went on longer than they should that means no series should go past the first season

this is dumb. also x-files is a really shit example since so many great episodes came after the first season

The deal he made with Brenner was "leave the kids and their families alone, let us go get Will, and I'll tell you where 11 is." Which he did. Of course, Brenner and a bunch of his cronies died in the resulting confrontation, which means there's probably some new leadership at the lab. The guy we see picking up Hopper is their chief of security.

It's worth noting that the headlines shown around "the boy who came back to life" at the police station Christmas party mention the lab is caught in a scandal, but refusing to own up to anything. I looks like the coroner and the state troopers took most of the heat. Best guess is they came to Hopper and said "Okay, we honored the deal. But the guy you made the deal with is dead now, so we are altering the deal. You are our man now. Help us cover this up, and be our eyes and ears in Hawkins. If anything else comes up, you will assist us. Or we will go after those kids and their families." How else would he know about 11's survival if the Lab hadn't told him? He had to know where to set that dropbox up. Something pointed him in the right direction. And the box was empty, meaning if he had left any other offerings there in the past, they had been taken.

Basically, the kids were worried he was Lando Calrissian. Turns out that's exactly what he ended up becoming.

it contextualizes his drive to save these people. he's doing for them what he couldn't do for his daughter

Alright that's a suitable explanation. I don't know why they would need him to communicate with Eleven but I can see why they would need him to facilitate their cover up since basically all of the evidence against them is in his possession now.

>Brenner and a bunch of his cronies died in the resulting confrontation

Did he though? The monster never killed people in the real world, they always ended up in the other dimension after being attacked

She looks like a young bald version of an ex-gf of mine

I mean, they clearly gave a shit when it happened. And by the time they were back playing D&D 3 months had passed. Mike had set up her blanket tent in the basement again, so he clearly still cared about her and has hope she'll come back.

Right. And they have the kids as leverage to ensure his cooperation.

>ex

Damn, I'm sorry senpai. Could've had your very own El cosplay qt.

I hope he's dead, unless the monster was just throwing an army back into its dimension, which would seem strange.

great spoiler thread, thanks

True Detective didn't continue its story into its second season and was so shit HBO cancelled it.

I think it pouncing on him I pretty clearly supposed to indicate it killed him. In those past instances, it was hunting, and like many predators it would drags its prey to a safe place before eating. In the school it was just acting in self defense, IE no subtlety at all.

El would trust Hopper. Not them.

I'm an 80s babby and this show was merely ok. They got some of the 80s shit so fucking wrong though. Like the intro.

Duffer Brothers have already said if they do do a second season it will seem more like a direct sequel than a second season of a TV show. Stranger Things already felt like an 8 hour film anyway.

>it will seem more like a direct sequel than a second season of a TV show
what does that imply though?

That's a girl?

Presumably that they'll frame it more as if the first season was a super long 1980s movie, and the next season will be a super long sequel to an 80s movie.

>If Nancy ends up with Johnathan i kill my dog
>If Steve just doesnt appear in season 2 with a throwaway line of "It just didn't work" i will kill myself

I guess it implies that it will pick up right where the first season ended. So they'll still be dealing with the aftermath of the same characters and story lines of Season 1. I mean, that sounds like basically any TV show's second season to me, but it just won't be like True Detective or like an anthology, etc.

Imo it's because it ps pacing feels like a novel. The characters relationships between one another are well established.

>inb4 like a novel because chapter titles.

There was plenty of mourning for Eleven. The real problem was that no one seemed to give the slightest shit about Barb straight up dying. Barbs gone for real, unlike Eleven who everyone doesn't really know for sure what happened to

Because she is a ugly freak. Look at her.

Barb was such a loser not even her parents gave a shit that she's dead.

>Matt: The other thing that appealed to us about the idea is it felt like in a movie world she winds up with Jonathan, who is seemingly the nicer kinder gentler guy. But it felt almost more real to us that she would wind up back with Steve, this heartthrob who she’s had a crush on for a long time. It’s surprising, but it felt more honest.

Ain't gonna happen. Show writers know about bitches and whores.

Although the opening titles grew on me.
>lucasarts called and said they'd like their font back.

I think I get what they're trying to say, it's hard to put it into words.
Rather than season 2 will be a straight continuation from season 1, it'll feel more like you pick up where it was left off some time after the original season had ended.

rude, mouthbreater. El a cute

Based brother directors
First the Russos now the Duffers

Fucking mouthbreather!

>even barbs parents don't give a shit that she's dead

Last time I checked, the cop and Byers mom had to stay silent about all the shit they saw. So for all anyone knows, barb is just missing (or "interstate" like some cop said)

You mean Nicolas Winding Refn called, breathed heavily into the receiver and hung up; but he wants his title scene back.

Also Hideo Kojima wants his WORDS

that last episode gave me epilepsy

>for all anyone knows

And I guess that's totally sufficient for her parents, who make no independent inquiries about the status of the investigation into her disappearance at all lmao

>el is cute
a gay you are

Well, they might be making inquiries, and may have been stonewalled. Or it may have gotten wrapped up with the scandal involving the state troopers who lied to them, which the newspaper headline in the police station during the Christmas party alluded to.

Not to mention Nancy's very suspicious phone call to the mom

Nigga no, his daughter died. Are you serious?

The most impressive thing about this guy is that he scored that QT Asian chick for a date, and was playing her like a fiddle.

>get her to watch The Thing
>Bitches love The Thing
>she gets scared and cuddles up to you
>use your superior science knowledge to explain how the effect was done to reassure her
>she relaxes and you prepare for the next scary scene where she cuddles up to you again

He was getting ready to seal the deal before Dustin called.

Yeah if I were the mom I would have suspected Nancy and her new chad boyfriend got my daughter killed and covered it up.

I actually have epilepsy but strobes don't bother me.

Well, Nancy invented a cover story, then confessed when Barb went missing and got herself and Steve into a fair amount of trouble. I don't think they'd suspect her after that.

The State Troopers told the parents they found Barb's car at a bus station some time after that. So when the big scandal against them over their involvement in the faked autopsy came out, the parents probably redirected their suspicion in that direction. It's probably gone no further, though, because the lab has probably covered its own tracks and is using Hopper to aid in that.

Will is going to become a spooky monster, or maybe he'll just cough up slugs from time to time for comic relief.

It can definitely be written off and I don't give a shit about Barb, but her family is noticeably absent from the MUH ENDANGERED CHILDREN escapade the rest of the cast is on across 5 episodes.

BEST CHARACTER COMING THROUGH

Wrong pic m8

That nigga stood there and explained how to create a sensory deprivation tank off the top of his head, she was probably fingering herself listening to that confident motherfucker handle shit.

>score QT gf
>take her virginity with ease
>she distances herself from you because she can't handle the bants
>she has a meaningful soul searching week with the artsy kid
>said artsy kid beats your ass right in front of her
>STILL show up to save their asses by beating down a eight foot tall monster with a baseball bat
>STILL manage to cuck the artsy kid in the end

I want to dislike him but he's fucking based.

THE DAY OF RETRIBUTION IS COMING CHAD

>mfw jonathan just gets a kiss on the cheek at the end and shes back with steve

more like most annoying kid

i wanted to hit him in the face with a spiked bat every time he spoke

good character, shit toothless / lisp actor

and he's good with kids

How can other men even compete?

There is a scene after Jonathan and Nancy sleep together where the mom cant open the door and nancy doesnt answer.
I was fucking sure she would open the door and they would be kissing
i would have commited Sudoku
>IF NANCY ISN'T WITH ME ITS WITH STEVE AND NO ONE ELSE

Yeah, because they don't know the truth and would never believe it. They were probably pursuing things through legal channels. I mean, shit, are Hopper and Joyce gonna just invite them into Camp Crazy? Everyone on the team by the end of the season is there because they stumbled onto "stranger things" and had a reason to buy into all this shit. Barb's parent would have looked at them like they had lobsters coming out of their ears if they tried to explain any of this to them.

They didn't show them concerned and calling people because that would have drawn away from the main plot.

If season two follows on, I think that's exactly what will be shown.

>11 gone
>cops different
>barbs dead

The Byers family knows some horrible shit, but they won't clue barbs family in on it because that'll put them in danger too.

>they'll just see a family who's putting up missing child posters like they once were.

Either that or barbs family will move away, in (futile) pursuit of their own answers. You can bet if there's a season two barb won't be ignored.

Added in editing later. Film is prohibitively expensive and only used by established directors at their request these days.

If you use VLC media player you can add film grain to anything you like.

this

don't get how this isn't obvious immediately

Why do so many anons like him? He's a fucking chad.