ITT: The most overrated bands or musicians of all time

ITT: The most overrated bands or musicians of all time.
>in b4 the Beatles

Sup Forums is over there

this faggot, I'm glad he is dead!

Loded Diper

suck my fat white cock you fucking piss wacker

Wrong

Pink Floyd

Now get out.

this faggot I'm glad he is dead

metallica

Wrong

Wrong

Fucking Stevie Ray Vaughn

agree. oldfag here...saw him in concert once. what a yawnfest easily worst show I've ever seen...and I've seen 100s

Sup Forums is full of snobs who only like indie and blues. No thanks.

i am deeply offended to be honest

God i loved those fuckers. they still touring?

he was a fucking blowhard....the only word to describe that jew faggot!!! Not unlike your Presidentie

nirvana

YOU WOT, M8?

Wrong Pearl Jam

the ramones
/thread

Put the Sex Pistols with them too. All fucking shit. Motley Crue as well.

k user

literally only one good album

I know you said inb4 The Beatles, but i always wonder... why? They make some nice songs, but the best band ever? Not even close...

fucking queer OP pussy faggot. don't ever insult sabbath or i'll personally find you and kick your millennial ass

this has to be a troll thread. why do i give in am i that bored?? then again millenials really are pieces of shit like this.

Truly. Any fucking "electric blues" musician, for that matter. They play the same tired-ass progressions and structures that were boring as fuck a century ago (which is why we have Jazz and Swing) and mostly-white suburbanites eat that shit up because "OMG! Blues! Negroes! I'm totally not a racist!"
>muh cultural appropriation

Honestly? Raimmstain or whatever they are called... and maybe I can see metallica up there... sorry

Fuck these hacks

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Zeppelin and Sublime both over rated as fuck

i'll slit your throat and kill your family for saying that

Anything Top 40.

Anything rap or hip hop.

Anything electronic-y.

^^^^
the only truthful post you'll see here folks.

That was about as original as all their hit singles

OP here i never said they were the best band ever....this is about totally overrated

topkek too true

either 14 or a retard....perhaps both

you for sure.

Just you shut your whore mouth, sir.
The Ramones were the perfect "Punk" band. They did something nobody else was doing at the time and perfected it. Tightest live sets I've ever seen. The best part is that they fucking hated each other (in particular Joey and Johnny).

they absolutely positively are the best band of all time. ever. your extremely extremely extremely shitty and worthless opinion wont change that im sorry.

This, Zepplin sampled so hard it makes modern rap look like it came from the Baroque era

All rap including this nigger

The perfect punk band lmao. I love punk. I listen to it all the time. But please, punk is a shit and easy genre. Screaming, pounding drums and palm muting is all it is.

His early stuff is pretty good imo, then shit went to his head

once again, your extremely shitty and worthless opinion means fuckall.

rock gods being judged by a neckbeard with a music degree lol good lord.

Fuck You, You probably like Donny Osmond

nigger music is never good. unless they are holding a guitar.

Yeah. Pardon them for using distortion as a tool instead of a hindrance. Creating a genre of music called metal. Fuck them.

sampled in 1969......ya right there were great blues songs that they did and payed the royalties to the writers unlike nigger rappers

Agree

totally overrated....complex time signatures for no reason
no melody...EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am also glad he is dead
so we never have to listen to another note
from this Jew motherfucker...I hope his kid dies soon to....

>screaming
Seriously? Have you even listened to The Ramones? Does that sound like 'screaming' to you?
>blah blah palm muting
Ahhh. That's the problem. You're confusing "Punk" with Hardcore (and/or Grindcore). Punk died with Sid (as it fucking should have). And it was never really about the fucking music, anyway.

Meanwhile in public they acted like they were gods sent from heaven to offer us the manna they called their OC

But damn is it a good one.

Yo fuck you and your shit taste.

>Yes. I'm mad, bro.

Literally everyone who owns a neckbeard also owns a shitty Led Zep shirt

being old does not make one an oldfag

you DOUBLE NIGGER

>anything electronicy

Daft punk? Justice? ELO? Kraftwerk?

>checks neck
I haven't shaved in a while. Hmm.
>checks closet
No Zeppelin t-shirt to be found in here.
Sorry, Sup Forumsro, but your thesis is busted.

WINRAR!

Not all of us are uncultured shitstains thankyouverymuch

Fuckin gay fish

Wrong

Dude...sabbath fucking sucks nigger dick

I'm obviously generalizing. Like, I love The Clash. They are leagues ahead of The Ramones, imo. They also have non of the traits I specified.

I could also get into how similar all The Ramones songs are.

I'd classify your average punk band as NOFX, which has everything I specified. I love this band. But the music is kinda shit. Ya know what I'm getting at?

all shit!!!!! especially ELO
I'm glad they are all dead!!!!

This

>confirmed neckbeard
>takes the time to defend Zep despite no shirt

Initial hypothesis was off, but this furthers my initial disposition.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

Artic Monkeys

triggered

The Clash

I said sabbath fucking sucks nigger dick....cunt

OP here, I concur the Clash was the real shit. Ramones sucked fucking NYC scum!!!! Bought leather jackets and they thought they were the shit. Well they were the shit alright. I'm glad most of them are dead!!!!

You sir, are a philistine.

Elvis
Zeplin

These fucking faggots and anyone who listens to them

No i just have functioning ears...

retard detected potato

True, but at least Elvis had the balls to cite his
"inspiration" to the public

This fedoracore shit

Nah, your taste is objectively shit.

Overrated but had a genuinely good message. Shit got muddied by mass media's cruel ways. Went from
We need change and we really fucking need it now. life is a struggle between good and evil and evil is winning" to "lol wow metal is so hardcore and I am hardcore cause I like metal ROCK ON WOOHOO TITTIES AND BEER"

>/thread own comment

shows how little you know, son.

Monster Rain, most overrated band since Sylvester Stallone had hookers and glass coffee tables.

You apparently know what shit tastes like...
So tell me what's so great about them then?
Besides they feed you your favorite poo for dinner everytime they attempted to make music...

>All rap

true hip-hop and rap turned to shit after 1995.

Their formulaic songwriting is what I was getting at when I say they "perfected" their "thing". They took the music they loved as kids, poured on some Punx Rawk Mutagen, and cranked that shit out for like 40 years.

The Clash were certainly more varied in their influences (which shows in their songwriting) and some of their lyrics are downright fucking brilliant. "White Man in Hammersmith Palais" is a prime example.

>defend
Let's get something thing straight, faggot. I fucking HATE Led Zeppelin. Robert Plant sings like a strangled cat and their music is somehow dramatic and boring at the same time. How do you even do that? Seriously. Fuck Zeppelin.

>You apparently know what shit tastes like...
>they feed you your favorite poo

underage b&

Every rapper and Dj ever

Agreed. I loved them in the '80s (see: Freaky Styley) and still listen to their old shit but they really took a hit when Hillel died.

two more bands with messages that got muddied as they got popular. I'm no tin-foil hat, but there's this theory that bradley was killed because he was asked to adapt a bunch of his lyrics from their upcoming album to better fit an image and he refused. this image was the same one kurt cobain was asked to fit, actually, who also notably died of an overdose during roughly the same period.

in the past, there have been countless great names with ideas and messages that were only understood long after their deaths. the kinds of messages that can make revolution or mass social change happen. If for some reason, this happening would punch a hole in your plans, the best way to avoid the issue is to just nip it in the bud. if you can't use them, kill them. problem solved.

just some drunk guys ramblings. Remember though, there is truth in all views and opinions. Humans are creatures of reason; there is a reason for everything we do, even if it isn't immediately made clear.

To quote Kurt Cobain, "there are various formulas for pressing flowers". There are a million ways to make something that will last long past your death and even more reasons to do so. Change does not happen over night. Not in any way that really changes the world. It takes effort, planning and enough time to come to fruition. all walks of man have died attempting to change the world they know into something slightly better than it is. Most of them were stopped by whoever at the time had the power to decide the status quo. Remember, remember and all that.

it's all shit from day 1