Video games that left a lasting impression on you

Video games that left a lasting impression on you

>spec ops the line

Tetris

do pinballs count as video games?

Super Mario Brothers

Every CoD gaem

Its edgy but I actually liked it despite all of it's flaws.

This. I raged and slammed my fist down on a pinball machine and it left a lasting impression on my hand and had to get stitches on my knuckles since it sliced down pretty far. And I got banned from the arcade, which was worse than never being able to clench a decent fist anymore.

I once beat a dude to death in the bathroom of a tacobell with a paper towel dispenser for giving me a dirty look for kicking in his stall door and grabbing a shit out of the toilet he was sitting on from in-between his legs.

literally any mgs game

still pretty salty about konami making a remaster of mgs3 for a fucking pachinko machine

Pic obviously related

osu

Whoa.
That is one nice fucking picture.
>Saved.

Stronghold Crusader

how did it

Brothers: A Tail Of Two Sons

Seiken Densetsu 3 running on SNES emulator. Addicted to old school jrpgs ever since.

Dark Souls

vampire the masquerade bloodlines

Not even going to lie.
That game was pretty fun. It's been awhile, though.

>Plane scene
I cri evry tiem

> DEAD SPACE

The point was that it's edgy, user. The entire game is making fun of things like CoD and BF

Paprs Pleas

It was the game that made me actually enjoy RTS games. I've never found another that has as in depth resource management as it. Countless hours in the custom scenarios mode making horse archers kite lions. Idk its just a game I always will go back to and enjoy.

Are you my dad? He still plays the game for the exact same reasons although he always plays on hard mode with everybody against him just cos he's gotten so good at it. I still play it and its a decent game

fuck off normie

This.
It had been a long time since I felt like I had control over my life, and the feeling of conquering a boss that seemed impossible to kill felt deliciously empowering.

The Wolf Among Us. Holy shit I love that game.

ori and the blind forest

Pong scarred me for life.

At this point it's pretty dumb, but Minecraft was the game that made me love games. Even before I owned any consoles or had a good gaming computer, other kids talked about it so much that I would scribble blocky guys in my homework, and then finally I realized I could get it for my little iPhone 4. I really wasn't a gamer for the first fourteen or fifteen years of my life, but this game changed everything.

>pic unrelated

Exactly that feeling. Even if I didn't feel In control of a situation or a boss, I always knew I would come out on top in the end.

I also had depression at the time, and it ended up helping get a grip on my life to a degree. Never gonna forget that game

The characters and story from this game stuck with me for some reason

Witnessed.
Not a get, but witnessed nevertheless.

Yup!

Fable: the lost chapters
need for speed underground
fc3 and 4
fifa 2004
Pokémon red
Pokémon gold

First videogame I 100%'d as a child.

Medal of Honor

The scene where Rabbit is dying and you're waiting for your evacuation off the mountain. First time I played the game it tugged at my heartstrings a bit.

If we're talking just pure gameplay experience leaving a lasting impression, then yeah totally agree.

We Happy Few

Really represents the world well. The happy ones need meds and live in a fantasy world. The ones who see the truth are shunned and see the world for the shit it is.

Mass Effect

Kek

This.

How the hell did this leave an impression on you other than feeling like you wasted time and money?

Wat? Why? I still haven't figured out the point other than to walk around the same damn planets getting the same damn resources. To go to other planets that look the same with a new hash in a random map generator. Unless its been updated since release, I was soo disappoint :(

I think user is being sarcastic

It was a joke. I posted it as a joke. This game was absolutely trash

Warcraft 3

Its a solid game, but it devolves into a third person shooter.

The big game for me is Bioshock. It got me to read Atlas Shrugged

They added base building, still not enough content though.

This.

That fucking quote really shaped me pretty hard when I was in high school. Literally one of the biggest things in my life, as sad as that might be.

Dragon Age Origins

More like Life is Tumblr

The first Max Payne. That game was neat.

>underage b&

majoras mask
skyrim
fallout 3
mass effect series

Minecraft is six years old. This person could have been 12 years old.

CoD Black Ops

Where did the time go

>skyrim

there were only handfulls of people playing minecraft 6 yrs ago before it was mainstream and i seriously doubt the 13 yr old behind that post was one of them. underage b&

Extermination... Creepy as fuck.

Sanic

Conkers Bad Fur Day. He ended up with everything, when all he wanted was a simple life with his girlfriend, and a bottle of beer. Really taught me to value what I have.

It seems like Minecraft's big break into the mainstream was mid to late 2010 or so IIRC. He could be of age, but he's still a young fuccboi.

Legend of Dragoon
Ocarina of Time
Goldeneye
Age of Empires2

Spec Ops is fucking garbage.

Go shill your shitty anti-war game somewhere else.

But isn't it though?

>war is a good thing

Oh, and baldurs gate series with icewindale

I appreciate your honesty, but I disagree. In the later games, it becomes more about the story arcs than anything and I think they did a hell of a job writing it. That's really what leaves an impression on a young gamer.

I only played the first Bioshock and the storyline of that game was well written as far as I could tell.

>being this wrong

...Touche

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic, I, and II.

Goldeneye

>a WAR game about how war is wrong is good
Dude you've been shilling this shit game for years. It literally has 2 hours of content.
Great points you made there.
>
Really shows how I'm wrong.

Ico
Still my absolute favorite game of all time. Everything felt perfect. Seeing her on the beach brought massive tears to my eyes.

Ocarina of Time also put a good strong hand on my shoulder, but it wasn't the same.

Other than that, Journey and the incredible first experience has stuck with me for some time.

rip and tear
Rip and Tear
RIP and TEAR
RIP AND TEAR
RIP AND TEAR YOUR GUTS
YOU'RE A BIG GUY
YOU MUST HAVE BIG GUTS
RIP AND TEAR.

Spot on my friend

The one and only

Not fuccboi, but I was first introduced to MC via Sup Forums when it first went in to Alpha. My father and I played the hell out of it. Once servers came about, we would build kingdoms together despite being in different states. Those were some good memories.

Thought that was a claymore kek

Minecraft was released to the public in 09. And it was available upon request for tge year before that point. Minecraft is 9 years old
>Tfw you were 16 when you first played minecraft through a janky java workaround

>morrowind

All the dark soul lore
Always a sad ending to most npc
Also never trust people who are naked or in skirts

I don't give a fuck. It was an interactive re-imagining of Apocalypse Now. It really made me think; suck my dick.

Same fag from here. Trust me, don't play any other Bioshock game. Bioschock 2 was just a cheap money grab and Infinite's story is confusing as all fuck(it has both parallel realities and time travel in it, yeah).

>This
Morrowind changed me from the casual with a gameboy color into the man i am today. The greasy, smelly neckbeard who refuses to associate with the degenerate console generation

Also, fallout 1. Made me realize how video games could really entice you into a story and situation. And fuck deathclaws

>METAL GEAR SOLID 3

I played infinite. Interesting story and fun game. Would play again.

I had Legends, and there's a boss that you have to fight in your ship. I got so tired of that fight I traded it in at Hollywood Video for Custom Robo. 100% worth

That could make it better. The Walmart near where I live has the game around $30 now.