/180/: UNIBET EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIP DAY 3

It's the last day of darting action from Belgium with the European Championship coming to a close tonight. It hasn't really been the most exciting tournament with very few surprises, but today's line-up is still pretty good.

Kicking off the day is a battle of the methodical James W.s with Huddersfield's Wilson and Aldershot's Wade. Jammy Dodger eliminated Chipmunk Huybrechts and Merv to make his first PDC quarter-final while the Machine had a simpler time with a whitewash of gameraising bastard Gando and then a 10-3 win over Max Hopp.

The afternoon then goes into high gear with the battle of two Dutch ex-world champions. Michael van Gerwen understandably still hasn't forgiven Jelle Klaasen for sending those penis photos to his disabled family friend a few years ago, and with MVG averaging over 100 in both matches so far, the nonce will have to concentrate for the whole match if he's to take win.

Phil Taylor continues his terrifying form against Serbo-Austrian Mensur Suljovic. The Groper has the highest average so far with 107, and with the pair's last meeting at the Matchplay ending in a resounding Gentle defeat, it's likely the same will happen today.

Closing the afternoon are Abbo Kyle Anderson and clown Peter Wright. After knocking out James Richardson with ease, the original will certainly have a bigger challenge on his hands against Midlife Crisis Man, who reverted to his high-scoring against Cristo Reyes following his total struggle with Justin Pipe in Round 1.

Coverage starts at 12:45pm UK time on ITV4 with the evening session from 7:00pm UK time on the same channel.

>Afternoon session (best of 19 legs)
James Wilson v James Wade
Michael van Gerwen v Jelle Klaasen
Mensur Suljovic v Phil Taylor
Kyle Anderson v Peter Wright

>Evening session (all best of 21 legs)
van Gerwen/Klaasen v Wilson/Wade
Suljovic/Taylor v Anderson/Wright

Final

>Day two round-up
pdc.tv/news/article/1kq8pd7d62pah1prmird0mgup4/title/unibet-european-championship-day-two

Noticed this last night as well.

>that perfectly ordered list of "darts used to win legs"
this is the power of autism

Does it make sense to actually watch the QF/SF, or should I just tune in to the inveitable autism/caravan-final?

middle two should be a bit interesting

first and last matches look like foregone conclusions

and we're on now

What the fuck is he talking about i can't understand a thing he says. He likes his "mum"?

>this doubling

BDO-tier finishing

And here comes the inevitable Wade bottlejob.

Expected it a round later to be fair.

WADE BEING ATTACKED BY INSECTS

>rambling on about hats

>match is so underwhelming they start talking about hats

>hat-banter

>wilson's face
Oh bugger.

>le 100 to 120 checkout man

RIP Wilson

DAT 161

wade's wife is a qt

The fuck is wade doing

>get a chance
>"lel let me throw my arrers away imma lose this one anyway"
>get another chance
>get even another chance

>The fuck is wade doing
Clearly not the right combination of meds

and a 141 to end it!

now time for autism v noncing

Say whaat?

>wade going on about YORKSHIRE chanting
lel

wade must have thought he'd gone back to the BDO

>it's a van gerwen misses early doubles episode

Spicy stuff is this

>klaasen trying stupid meme routes to check out and fucking himself up

THAT 130

AUTISM = ON ?

>41
>42
And that is the end of that.

Very simple victory for Autism.

Klaasen outklassed.

Jobbers being sent home by the minute today.

STOKEBAB WILL BE REMOVED

who /BIGMENSUR/ here

>you can't eat rankings but you can eat 100 grand
u wot m8

here!

>taylor miscounting again

>le working on his fitness man

>Phil Taylor trying to fight back from behind

wowitsfuckingnothing.exe

>le mozzy bitten stokie rapist
currently getting BTFO

I love Mensur, but you guys do know that if he wins, the tournaments winner will be MVG no doubt?

>HE'S 56!!! [x]

>TAYLOL

I would take a darts world where MVG wins everything at a canter over one where the spoils are divided evenly but I have to put up with a Taylor post-major-winning interview every six months.

GO GO GO MENSUR!

LE D14 MAN!

Best meme checkout in the sport, no debating.

This is fucking crazy.

Taylor is putting zero pressure on Mensur's throw and any time Taylor's got down to a finish, Mensur's taken his finish out.

>austriabro missing this
oh dear

C'MON MENSES

>before their meeting in the 2016 world matchplay, Mensur had never picked up a leg against Taylor
>now on course to make it 5 years in a row without a Taylor title in the European Champs

Get in Mensur, been all over Gropey today

>taylol literally getting murdered

TAYLORREMOVEDLOL TAYLORREMOVEDLOL TAYLORREMOVEDLOL TAYLORREMOVEDLOL TAYLORREMOVEDLOL TAYLORREMOVEDLOL TAYLORREMOVEDLOL TAYLORREMOVEDLOL TAYLORREMOVEDLOL TAYLORREMOVEDLOL TAYLORREMOVEDLOL TAYLORREMOVEDLOL TAYLORREMOVEDLOL TAYLORREMOVEDLOL TAYLORREMOVEDLOL TAYLORREMOVEDLOL TAYLORREMOVEDLOL TAYLORREMOVEDLOL TAYLORREMOVEDLOL TAYLORREMOVEDLOL TAYLORREMOVEDLOL TAYLORREMOVEDLOL TAYLORREMOVEDLOL TAYLORREMOVEDLOL TAYLORREMOVEDLOL

LOVE THE MENSUR

R E M O V E D

BIG MENS is so happy

MENSURED!

MENSUR ACTUALLY FUCKED HIM TO DEATH HOLY SHIT

Based big Mensur

>Philth

>Clown with no proper mohawk today because HURR HALLOWEEN tomorrow
Wanker.

Oh for crying out loud he's got shitey face paint on as well to make him look like a vampire.

Fucking Clown.

The absolute fucking state of Snakeshite

>Clown can knock Taylor our of the Top 4 in the OoM
>but has to beat Mensur to do so
FUCKING CATCH 22

Spoopy "scottish" snakeboot

Memeing after it was cool.

>those snake skin shoes
Christ.

Abbo Anderson completely lost his way now.

>abbo thinking

Snakeshit's road to the semi:
>Justin Poop
>Cristo Reyes
>Kyle Abboson

To be fair, that entire bottom quarter is a complete disaster zone.

>Chisnall/K. Anderson/Caven/Richardson v Wright/Pipe/Reyes/Thornton

If Clown's unable to get out of this shite then he would seriously have to reconsider his form.

What are you talking about he's the no. 4 seed he must be a great player D:

To be honest, this tournament has been a snorefest except for Mensur.

>What are you talking about he's the no. 4 seed he must be a great player D:
lel

>To be honest, this tournament has been a snorefest except for Mensur.
That and MVG-Whitlock have been the only real good moments. Really disappointing tournament overall.

European Championship is basically just a bandage over the gaping wound that is the PDC's international expansion plans. "Give the Belgians/Germans/Dutch a few tournaments on their own shores to make up for the fact that it costs them insane amounts to play floor events, then shove a major at the end".

Also forgot Smith-Bunting and Chipmunk getting dumped out by a BDO jobber. Gando getting whacked 6-0 was hilarious too.

>that bull shot
Yeah, that's it for Abbo. No coming back from a shot like that.

This is true. They need to vary the venues though. Way too many events in Germany and it's not exactly a hotbed of darting talent.

Of course that first round match was amazing, how could I forget.

Yeah, all big tournaments have there own "gimmick" which makes it interesting.

European Championship has nothing, except the seeds can be different. Could as well be a minor.

Great 121 on the bull from Kyle.

>European Championship has nothing, except the seeds can be different. Could as well be a minor.
Being so new in terms of ranking tournaments too doesn't help. Only the Players Champs are newer.

I mean, you look at the other ranking majors and they each have something different:

>Worlds: set play
>UK Open: open draw
>Matchplay: must win by 2+ legs
>World GP: double-start sets
>Grand Slam: group stage with BDO players

The Euros and PCFs still don't feel like proper majors yet.

not sure what else you could do that isnt just a blatant gimmick

>Clown's entourage

All those colours and not a single ounce of charisma between them I bet

That's the problem.

The Players Champs this year have gone a bit odd with the 64-player field across 2 stages. At least the Euros is still a 32-man field so it doesn't feel overwhelming.

lel

let's come up with ideas
>301 out
>board is flipped
>double distance from the board
>players have to throw with their weak arm
>both players throw at the same time, whoever checks out first wins

just televise a tournament of killers

"The Chris Mason Memorial"

This actually could be fun, of course with two boards. No throw limit, whoever checks first is the winner. Poor poop!

>Clown man interviews

Somehow worse than his outfits and one of the main reasons I only cheer him on if he's playing Phil.

Poop retrieves his first three as Klaasen takes the fifth set.

Despite all the decoration, he's a dour, boring cunt.

If Ian White is a branch of Wickes then Snakeshite is a skip with a shopping trolley in it.

And so the quarter-final stage ends with all four seeds getting through. Yes, you read that right: all four. That means that there has been a removal of caravan man. And what a removal it was.

Phil Taylor averaged 104 and was annihilated. Mensur Suljovic produced the performance of his career and Taylored Taylor: he gave the prowler very few opportunities to check out and pummelled him on the scoring, with 15 140s to the Stokie's 7 the biggest indicator of the gap between them. This was an all out bullying affair of someone who has bullied players for years and years and it was fucking phenomenal to watch. With Taylor only in one more ranking event before the Worlds, this could finally and truly be the start of the end.

Peter Wright will be Mensur's opponent after Kyle Anderson let a 2-0 lead slip and then totally lost his way against Midlife Crisis Man, with the Aussie only winning a further three legs as a noticeably under-fire "Scotsman" progressed with ease. The Abbo will have to up his consistency against the bigger names but he's done well this year with another TV quarter final.

In the top half, it was business as usual for MVG who delivered another mauling of the inconsistent Jelle Klaasen while averaging 107, and looks unstoppable as ever. There's no need to go into detail on this because it really was standard MVG, although his doubling was a bit off.

James Wade is the Autism Express's opponent but had to go into ultra-Wade mode to rescue his European hopes after slipping to 4-2 down against BDO jobber James Wilson, but a 106 out followed by a crushing 160 in a spell of 5 straight legs was just too much for Jammy Todger, and although the Yorkshireman pulled it back to 7-7, won no more legs as the Machine ended the match on a stunning 141 out.

So resuming at 7:00pm UK time are these best of 21 legs semis, with the final after:

>Michael van Gerwen v James Wade
>Mensur Suljovic v Peter Wright

All jobbers going out with quite big scores makes for a long wait.

Your one hour warning.

True that.

BIG MENSE

Based suljovic

Bangladesh wins with 108 runs.
I will never get this sport, get the arrows on already.

It's coming on now.

In fact, it's on now!

From one of the darts stats lads on Twitter, some OoM/Premier League statistics. Mens has to make his PL debut next year, surely?

Imagine tuning in now after a time of not watching darts.

>the top 4 seeds are in the semi's

"Oh, so it must be MVG, Taylor, Anderson, Lewis no?"

>MVG, Wade, Wright, Suljovic

MVG, Wade ok, who and who?

there'll be some PDC/Sky wildcard bullshit that excludes him for stupid reasons

>jacqui reminding us of a time when Snackpot actually cared about his career
Please don't, Jacqui.

It's too rage-inducing.

As much as Peter Wright gets shit on here, his rise to the top is somewhat impressive and he's at least been somewhat consistent which can't be said for another dozen or so prospects over the past few years. That Semi final appearance at 2013 UK Open really spearheaded him into the top tier of players.

M'on Wadey.

Inb4 missing d12 on a 9 darter