Can someone please explain to me what the ending was supposed to mean?

Can someone please explain to me what the ending was supposed to mean?

It is a bit ambiguous

However my interpretation is that we are just experiencing life through the view of a man with Alzheimer

It's sincere. Instead of ending the movie with Bill dying and hertzfeldt showing his shitty morality, he shows the viewer what would happen if it was something that we all want to happen.

He had one of those hallucinations that you get when you're dying.

The movie would be shitty with your interpretation

>Please stop trying

Sure user, while the entire piece focused on and made clear a variety of themes and messages, the ending why the fuck are you asking an anonymous french film forum to spoonfeed you, use your goddamn brain to think for your fucking self for once. The ignorance and audacity to finish a movie, then immediately ask internet strangers to explicitly explain what you just saw because you weren't paying attention is easily one of the worst fucking trends to have emerged in regards to narrative mediums in the internet age.

I appreciate the reply but ISABD is a work of new sincerity. The ending is there to give you exactly what someone would expect, but to leave you hollow in that even something like that can be depressing. It's like when your parents give up with your begging and just tell you to shut the fuck up and do what ever you want.

wew lad

Don't post this shallow existentialist, babby's first thought, leddit quarkfest on this board again

watch more film

t. engineering major

Yeah I get the anecdotal interpretation on your part
with the parents being disappointed. But to the rest of us it means just a little bit more

t. embryo

Oh it means a lot more to me. I just wanted to boil it down to something interesting. And simple. It's one of my favorite films.

try some real cinema before you post on this board again

I concede

So do you agree it is left open entirely to interpretation?

Or is it based on one itself?

It's very open to interpretation. The whole disappointment argument is only one way of looking at it. The fact that he lives forever is - i think- one clue that don wanted the ending to be as open ended as possible. It's his master work about the human condition, and it's doesn't end in the most human way, in fact, it ends in the complete opposite.

Nice trips mate

Question?

Do you agree with the ending in Gone Baby Gone?

I've never seen it, actually. But I do enjoy movies with open endings. ill add it to my list.

>takes a lot of care of himself
>is smoking

wew

I enjoy a good camel or cigar at a party every once in a while. I've bonded with some friends over smokes before. I remember lighting up a lot at my hs graduation and post grad party.

i keep seeing this posted around the internet

i suppose its worth watching ?

No. Spend more time shitposting on Sup Forums instead.

Tobacco being harmful is jew lies my friend, nicotine is a a nootropic. I smoked as I wrote this post.

this tbqh

wow, this makes sense now.
Can you please explain Primer now?

sup smoothpleb

It was his brain dying.

Cartoon
Not even well drawn
Randumb
PLEBS