What the fuck was his problem?

fucking hotheads

Private Pyle's Suicide

The damned Soviets

Why didn't he have the sheriff killed the first time they caught him on the base?

He was white

They assumed that the public would write him off as a delusional drunk. Stupid decision though; they could have won it right there if they offed him.

After killing the cook for no apparent reason I spent the remainder of the season thinking the same thing.

Exactly. I would call something like that without a reasonable explanation a plot hole.

Because plot armor.

It was a rookie mistake on the part of the writers, but seeing as how the other 99% of the season was solid, I just ignore it.

In general they seemed very selective about how willing they were to throw their weight around.

You'd thnk there would be more consequences for over a dozen spooks getting brutally slaughtered and having their bodies end up in the possession of some county gunslinger.

Its hard to ignore when the repercussions of the CIA hitting reset on their disposition towards him as a threat enables the progression of the rest of the plot.

They should have at least been communicating some kind of explicit 'cease your inquiries' or keeping active tabs on his location.

His daughter was a tranny.

I really don't get why they didn't try and convince Benny to hand over Eleven to their care and only shoot him if he refuses instead of just shooting him right away

>cease your inquiries
being left alive after a situation like that is indicator enough that you've stepped in deep shit and should stop.
I almost kind of like that the gubment wasn't some all seeing eye that knew everything that was going on but that they made human mistakes, though sometimes they seemed a bit too stupid

>being left alive after a situation like that is indicator enough that you've stepped in deep shit and should stop.
It means the exact opposite to me. As if there are no consequences for what I do.

And you don't need to be an all seeing eye to kill the guy you have in your possession. They should have at the very least kept some kind of tabs on him at all rather than having him run amok and actively undo all of their hard fought cover ups.

He's a fucking sheriff it'd be pretty suspicious to kill him especially when the rest of the town is going to shit

They could have made it look like an OD, just like they were going to in the 7th episode.

did none of out pick up the fact that the sheriff was ex-fed? Fighting skills, undercover skills, investigation skills and he was able to resist enhanced interrogation.

That's why they didn't kill him, and that's also why he was picked up in the end by the security guy (he re-joined the feds).

lol no he's an ex 'city cop', not a federale.

An ex-fed would have some inkling of the existence of that spook base and what it might or might not be doing there.

he also called that guy "frank" and got info.

he's ex-fed.

He was based, too bad he died. I would have loved to see him in the next installment.

are you baiting?

no?

He's def ex-fed, that's all.

There's zero evidence for that.

just read: I provided proof.

that's not really proof tho, that's just sort of your opinion.

all we know for sure is that the show itself cites him previously as a City Cop (probably Chicago). like other user says, if he was ex fed he's sort of a retard for not suspecting Hawkins Base sooner.

More likely he was recruited by Feds and is *now* one.

>that's not really proof tho, that's just sort of your opinion.

no, that's actual proof. He did all that. not my fault you can't put it together.

>him previously as a City Cop (probably Chicago)
cover story.

>More likely he was recruited by Feds and is *now* one.
re-joined.

they didn't even have to convince him; he called for CPS. he was gonna give her to them anyway

Guys, stop looking for plot holes. This isn't kino, it's John carpenter tier 80s schlock. It will have plot holes, and it doesn't matter.

Carpenter is kino you cuck
For it ti be carpenter the monster would be a practical effect

Do we know he's dead? We only saw the monster jump on him for a second, and there were a bunch of guys shooting at it.