What are high school cliques like, since rock is dead

I was class of '09 so the mid 2000's pop punk -> emo -> hardcore trend was big, and I despised the hxc and emo shit, being MEHTUL. There were some super mega hot goth chicks into the Cradle of Filth and H.I.M. or w/e type stuff. I'm glad all those groups were around. Except the dirty punks. My guess is, all the kids just bump trap rap ironically and dress like hipsters.

who cares

i think its

>vaporwave a e s t h e t i c kids
>furries
>chads
>burnouts

This

>Indie top 40 kids
>EDM trite
>Trap goons
>"Classic rock" virgins

Don't forget the lgbt non-binary clique

Thanks for responses. Just wondering, are the various rock and metal forms dead? Pop punk, crust punks, old school heavy metallers, extreme death black metal heads, HXC screamo emo shits etc

Dead? No. Stagnant and a complete shadow of it's former self? Probably except the crust punks who were always a vapid excuse

Lgbtqrcode
Dude weed lmao
School shooters
Numales
Beer trucks guns

In HS now, in terms of all those different types, yea. You're just either seen as "edgy", or your not, so those people would just listen to generic pop punk, or metalcore, from the band shirts I've seen. And I go to a school of 3000 kids btw.
Actually pretty accurate

pop punks around and emo shits around but all those other genres are dead in high school

damn that sounds like cancer bruh, gladd i left that shit

Man I miss the hott Avril lavigne looking goth chicks that played piano and liked Symphonic metal.

18, wrapping up senior year in SoCal
>generic pop fans
>normie indie kids
>yachty, lil uzi vert faggots
>dream theater, dadrock dudes

also forgot tumblrcore trans 21 pilots fans

Weird. I was in Riverside. Got to play in some bands, and played shows in Corona, Anaheim, and LA

This is how it generally is in the Midwest, maybe swap mumble dudes with kdot odd future and Kanye

the OF people have mostly moved on to mumble rap, you still see some OF shirts and hoodies here and there. also ITAOTS is definitely popular among tumblrcore women here

>they had high school "trends"

lmao thread full of suburban upper middle class white kids confirmed.

Maybe high school cliques now are based around things other than music, like what youtubers you watch. Or maybe the social hierarchy is based on your SJW power level, with non binary homosexual transgender muslims at the top of the food chain and those who can't accept someone with a penis using the girl's bathroom at the bottom

lmao what social class are u

probs "not knowing who your drug addicted father is" class

metal is dead, the only type of metal people will accept is the symphonic stuff like that melodramatic disturbed, "hello darkness my old friend" shit. It's sad really, because what is replacing it is all this lazy and stupid trap music bullshit. I still can't get over how gay this video i saw of xxxtentacion performing look at me live and it was just a bunch of twinks looking really sleepy while x just kept going hol up hol up

if you must know you pastey privileged bitches, none. there were no fucking trends. either you knew someone in a gang and were recruited or you were in the opposing's. thats all. life in ghetto schools

go back to r3ddit

make me bitch

go back there

Class of 2015.

>Lana Del Rey was big when I was a sophomore among the girls who thought they were different.
>Miley Cyrus and Amanda Bynes(but she isnt a singers) were big news back in 2013-14,
>2012-13 was more of a #Cut4bieber thing with his generic R&B music at the time.

>Iggy Azalea was big back then.

>Rarely did I find rock listeners unless it was that "Why you gotta be so rude" song.

The mexican chics were always listening to mainstream or Iggy Azalea or some old funk music.

You have a fuccton of burnouts, then fuckboy trap kids, still emos/scene kids, then the nerds and hipsters

>metal is dead
Uh yeah, all the metal bands are old guys like Shitallica. Nobody wants to see dudes in their 50s pretending to be suicidal angsty teenagers.

From experience there are:
>mainstream hip hop/pop/top 40 lovers
>Hipster girls group 1: alternative rock shit like arctic monkies/carseat headrest
>le stonerz xd: sublime/90s hip hop/tame impala/flaming lips/anco
>euphoric: vaporwave/video game or anime soundtracks/idm/death grips/reddit core or mucore/entry level classical and jazz
>edgy: linkin park/iron maiden/ajj/metal/punk
>edgier: dubstep/edm/black metal
>edgiest: dungeon synth/idm/screamo
>hipster girls group 2: popular alt rock shit like sleeping with sirens/fall out boy/imagine dragons/panic at the disco/tumblr core
>le born in the wrong generation: self explanatory
>"Music Nerds": same as wrong generation, but add some alt rock and some entry level jazz

i don't believe you actually heard kids talking about dungeon synth

There was this one kid at my school who was super fucking edgy and that was all he listened to. I guess its rarer than I thought but still.

I graduated high school last year. The noticeable cliques were the tumblr/deviantart kids, the nerds, the chinese, and the mexicans. Music cliques dont seem to exist anymore. There was one guy really into metal but that was it.

That quote is a Simon and Garfunkel song...
Metal is so far up its own ass that nobody cares anymore. I saw this coming early 2000's. Metal is definitely dead. People forget metal music is an attitude, not a style. People have forgotten how to convey emotion through music in the 93 various genres of metal. It will eventually resurface, but it will be completely different. Give it 15-20 years...

I went to an all boys school last year where everyone wore a uniform and we weren't allowed to express themselves, but I think there were the anime/electro-swing/nightcore kids, the indie/p4k/internet kids, the entry level guitar rawk band kids, and the trap kids. There were the gay drama kids and the normies too, but that doesn't have shit to do w/ music and they will always exist

I'm european, but we had the social outcasts, the tumblr/indie crowd and the normies. There's still some punk/metalhead kids, but not enough to form a clique in school.

i'm not in high school but it's probably a bunch of niggers listening to whatever passes for rap "music" these days

Extreme metal is more alive than ever