You need 500 MILLION for a sequel on a 144 million budget!!

>you need 500 MILLION for a sequel on a 144 million budget!!

why is Sup Forums ALWAYS wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qIkFY6TFvc8
vulture.com/2016/07/paul-feig-ghostbusters-reboot-c-v-r.html
variety.com/2016/film/box-office/ghostbusters-box-office-2-1201816038/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>what is inflation

>What is Fox's very own Fantastic 4

>Inflation
>3 years
>First Class tanked at the box office, so even by you retard logic, it lost more than it would have lost today given those numbers

Is this "Retard the post"?

The world was much different in 2011 though

So Paul Feig is wrong in your eyes?

First Class was considered a flop by the studio.

That's why for the sequel they brought in Hugh Jackman and the rest of the old cast.

WHY DON'T YOU TEACH YOUR HEART TO FEEL AND GIVE YOU LOVE LOVE GIVE YOU LOVE LOVE
youtube.com/watch?v=qIkFY6TFvc8

This

What was the alternative huh OP?

Fox NOT making any more Xmen movies?

>what is 5 years ago
>what is inflation
>what is China expanding

Screencapping your post OP
kek

Also this.
I mean, you really think they are still making capeshit for the fans?
Pic related

Fox also ain't relying on Toy sales since they don't own the X-Men toy rights.

Sony is counting on the GB being their female Avengers. And their toys are on clearance because Boys/Collecters don't want them.

vulture.com/2016/07/paul-feig-ghostbusters-reboot-c-v-r.html

>As opening day approaches, Feig can’t help but think about the stakes of making a $150 million movie. “A movie like this has to at least get to like $500 million worldwide, and that’s probably low,” he says. “But the thing I care about most is the industry looking for an excuse to say, ‘See, a tentpole can’t be carried by female leads’ ” — three of whom are over 40. “I cashed in all my chips,” he says. “I had to use every chip to make this happen. And if this doesn’t work, I will probably have to go back to movie jail.”

Probably about 300 to 400 mill to break even

500 for it to be the blockbuster they need

variety.com/2016/film/box-office/ghostbusters-box-office-2-1201816038/

> For most comedies, that kind of debut would be a triumph, but then again, “Ghostbusters” isn’t most comedies. The film carries a massive $144 million price tag, plus at least $100 million more in marketing costs. Insiders estimate that it will have to do at least $300 million globally to break even and substantially more than that to justify a sequel. To get there, the film will have to show some impressive endurance while fending off a crowded field of summer blockbuster hopefuls. It will also need to resonate with foreign crowds unfamiliar with the original 1984 comedy or its 1989 sequel

>substantially more than that to justify a sequel.

Days of future past got over $700m box office but apocalypse got around half of that.

Is Patrick Stewart and Hugh Jackman a massive pull for fans?

Yes

Mainly because Fox has done such a shitty job developing the rest of the X-Men and having good actors portray them

That along with the fact more and more people get turned off by Jeffiner Lawrence playing herself.

Fox HAS to make X-men Films in order to keep the rights. What did you want them to do ?

>inflation
>over a period of 3 years
>enough to make any difference

God, I love how you faggots just spout random words you heard some time in the past used in the same context without understanding what they mean.

kys my man

Because one movie by Fox will have the same budget, spending, loans, guarantees and investment as one movie by Sony.

Fucking retard.

does x men ever do well? seems like anytime i hear any x men movie mentioned it bombed yet they make them over and over

Yes they are, and the Apocalypse trailers were not good.

First Class was a flop, the only reason It got a sequel was because It was a good movie and they knew if they bought back old classics a sequel would make enough money to make up for it. Which it did.

Also marketing budget is never counted in production budget, and the marketing budget for Bridesbusters was huge.

days of future past did around $750m (from a $200m budget though)

I mean thank god because I enjoyed the new trilogy greatly.

kekekekekekeke

The weak performance of this one is why they brought Jackman back as a main character, and Days of Future Past was essentially another reboot

First Class went through some fanboy shit, too

>Where's Cyclops, Jean Grey, Angel and Iceman?
>Fox will fuck it up just like the last two movies
>Is this a reboot or a prequel?
>Magneto looks stupid

It repaired the brand, though, while Ghostbusters looks like it's burning.

I don't remember seeing X-men being advertised every fucking where and to this extend though. Seriously, I'm not even American and here in Asia, I see Ghostbusters being promoted everywhere. They had like Stay Puft being propped up in several prominent spots in Singapore which I'm pretty sure don't come cheap. Even Indonesia had a lot of Ghostbusters related shit going on. First Class only had the obligatory posters and merch tie-ins etc.

The only recent movie that had more marketing presence was freaking Star Wars.

That was a really great ending credits song, I went home and downloaded it immediately.

To give a reason why First Class did poorly. Lets not forget the movie that came out before it.

forgot pic

That song was pretty cool.

Fucking Matthew Vaughn man he knows his music. One of the MANY failings of Kick Ass 2 was how forgettable the soundtrack was compared to the first. The only part that was memorable was the opening theme because it was recalling the ending theme of the previous film.

>expecting anybody to go see this movie based on this poster

Fucking hell.

Isn't Ghostbusters doing shit world wide?

This is true also.

Look at how well Apocalypse did despite it being one of the worst films of the entire series thanks to FC+DOFP.

It'll be the same with whatever the next Xmen film is. If it's good or bad it'll make a lot less than DOFP because Apocalypse was shit

It's doing "meh" everywhere I thought.

Can't wait to see the drop off over the next few weeks as other blockbusters come out.

I ironically saw this in theaters

I like how three of them are showing off their cool powers and Reed's just standing there like a dick

I'm actually curios, how big is Ghostbusters to begin with? The impression I got was that outside of America, people don't seem to be all that attached to it in the first place. As in sure, it was rather popular when it first came out and people have seen the cartoons growing up, but it doesn't seem like it's held as fondly as it was in America. It actually looks like for this one, they overestimate the interest outside of America.

I dunno man. Where I live everybody knows Ghostbusters but I don't know anybody who sees it as a childhood favourite. Just another movie really