What is the single most underwhelming theatrical experience of your life

A film that you ardently anticipated to see theatrically only to be incredibly underwhelmed by it? I'll go with Another Earth. The trailer completely misrepresented it and this older couple behind me would not shut the fuck up the entire movie.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ahlm-91krew
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Iron Man 3 not that I was expecting it to be a masterpiece but I felt like the whole thing was a tease

is that a girl or a boy nice hair regardless tho

Snakes on a Plane.

I swore off the hype train after that shit.

Dumb Mazsousposters

Finally covered up those ginarmous ears. He a cute.

the marketing team on that did so well.

and don't believe for a second that samuel l blackson said he refused to work on the movie unless they changed the name, that was clearly a calculated strategy

Civil War. The movie wasn't bad, but my theater experience was absolutely haram. Say it in imax and the action scenes made me nauseous, and the theater was packed with people who would not shut the fuck up. All of them. Plus, the concession stand ran out of crab legs.

bet you wished that you were in Another Theater

It's the only movie I can think of that was a cult classic before it was released.

Good thing no one remembers it at all these days.

Alien 3.

I was such a massive fan of the first two movies, when that abortion hit the screen I was literally physically sick for a couple days after.

the monuments men

The Act of Killing

My god what a fucking unorganized pretentious mess of nonsense.

How did it get such great reviews?

Hugo was the first thing that came to mind.

What the fuck, Marty?

>My god what a fucking unorganized pretentious mess of nonsense.
>How did it get such great reviews?
I think you answered your own question.

Aliens vs Predators: Requiem

Nightcrawler. My expectations were wildly different from what the film actually is. I was really disappointed when I saw it in theaters but after subsequent viewings and accepting the movie for what it is I think its pretty alright. 6 or 7/10.

this piece of shit.

i was on half a bundle of dope so i was maximum comfy and despite this the movie was so fucking terrible that i couldn't look away or even nod, like a spectacular car crash in slow motion. then the final act came along and was such a pussified trainwreck complete with plot holes, hamfisted references (not even references; the same exact fucking dialogue), and other derivative cliched shit on top of bad performances, bad visuals, and just overall cowardice that i quickly went from disappointed to mad and then left the theater as the credits started and lit up a smoke even as i made it to the door.

ive never ever been that combination of doped up but still utterly depressed and fucking furious to the point of needing to smoke not for the high, but for the usual stress related reasons. im clean now and i can't even imagine how bad my reaction would have been watching this movie sober.

thanks a lot abrams/lindelof. the one guy has no ideas, and the other guy fucks up literally everything he touches, but since star trek 09 was actually good i fell for the trap. fml.

The Desolation of Smaug. I loved the first one, was assblasted by this one. What he did to Beorn should be punishable by death

Also, Godzilla 2014

Why is Batman Jewish now?

Bob Kane, Bill Finger and Jerry Robinson were all members of the Tribe. I doubt they'd have a problem with Mazouzzles

i waited years for this, it killed me

Mazoumbafoo

I could write everything that What's Her Tits said about love being a physical force as the rantings of an emotional woman who is trying to rationalize jeopardizing the entire human race to save her boy toy, but once Wooderson starts falling through the black hole, this movie goes from 0 to infinitely shitty instantaneously.
>inb4 oh you just don't get it
There's noting to get. Nolan is a hack director that can't end a movie until every loose thread is is wrapped up with a happy ending.

Poltergeist

Everest

TMNT 2014.

I was one of the people that defended it, and it was basically the April O'Neil movie ft. the Ninja Turtles. As a huge Ninja Turtle fan, I was so disappointed with it.

Makes it better that Out of the Shadows was fucking great though.

Interstellar

Saw it FUCKING TWICE in theaters, didn't enjoy it a single time

That Robin Hood reboot with Russel crow
My family was going through some drama so my dad decided to let me and my brothers go to the movies by ourselves to get our minds off of everything.
It was one of the first times we had ever gone to the movies by ourselves so we really didn't know what to choose so we just chose "hood" (at least I think that's what it was called

It was the most boring fucking thing we had ever seen
This was when I was still young and poor enough that just being at the movie theater was enough for us to have fun, and we all agreed it was terrible
We talked out before the final big battle because literally nothing had piqued our interest in the slightest
Thinking back on it now it's hilarious that a movie could be so bad that it made a 12 year old and his little brothers walk out like a disgusted critic.

>tfw i thought the movie was gonna go down a dark route where coop is trapped in the 5th dimension forever to watch his daughter grow old and die

Blade Runner

2deep4u

Prometheus

i will pray for your souls

M-M-M-M-M-M-MAZOUZED

10000 BC. I hadn't heard much about it, but for some reason I thought it'd be like Apocalypto. I watched it in another state with one of my friends when we had nothing to do for the whole day, and it was by far the worst part of the day. It's astonishing how such shitty things can cost so much money. How many homeless people could be helped with over $100,000,000?

>Go to the sneak preview
>Film starts
>It's not a film but an interactive show, where men and women should change seats to be on either side
>Doing a game about your sex life and stuff
>You were supposed to hum if something applies to you
>90% of the people leaves immediately the room
>nobody switches seats according to their gender
>Hear people huming when that fat old piece of shit in the interactive movie tried to be funny
>Still confused because cleary nobody is doing it in the room
>Realise that I sit underneath the sound system

I wonder how this turd would have played out now in the US and the gender discussion. What a waste of time and money. I left 15minutes into it.

The Phantom Menace.

OP is the pedophile from Sup Forums just ignore it

Why did you see it for the 2nd time then, dumbhead?

I also saw it twice but I immensely enjoyed the emotional drama. Though I hated Hathaway's cringy love dialogue I was glad she was btfo. I do understand at the end she was ""right"", and it all really comes down to Nolans' script, but I just couldn't digest her delivery.

youtube.com/watch?v=ahlm-91krew

>crab legs
que?

Cloverfield, easy. Months of elaborate marketing convinced many that there was more depth than was found in the movie.

How fucking old are you?

Swiss Army Man. I expected great things and was really looking forward to it. It was so fucking boring and stretched thin. I was eventually fighting to stay awake.

I loved Memento, Batman Begins, and The Dark Knight, the trailers were incredible, and all my friends were hyping it as the best movie ever. All in all, it was fine.

Prometheus or the second Hobbit movie.

The Amazing Spider Man 2

I can't exactly remember If I was expecting it to be good or not but

>Two friends & I organise to see it
>1 friend sends a message 15 minutes before saying he's not coming
>Not like I mind going on a dude date with my friend just that this disappointment pretty much set the mood for the entire experience
>We get in and It's pretty empty, we're 19 and there seems to be a couple of other groups of 3-4 teenagers spread among the cinema. Pretty standard for a 9:30pm start.
>Just as the trailers start literally 50+ people walk in as one big group, It must have been a youth group or something because some looked like they were 16 while others looked 25
>They pretty much acted like you'd expect a group of 50 young adults and teenagers to act through out the whole film
>The movie was also shit

>having expectations after the first one

Too be honest I didn't read the OP just the title, I was certainly not ardently anticipated ASM2, but It was the most underwhelming theatrical experience of my life.

For an actual film I was looking forward too but It turned out to be shit the honour probably goes to The Dark Knight Rises. I went to a midnight screening and because of how good the Dark Knight was I was hype as fuck. I distinctly remember walking out of the cinema and my friends saying how much better It was than the Dark Knight and in the back of my mind thinking "It wasn't that bad, stop being so critical".

Then it became the memiest of meme movies so at least that salvaged something from it.

>inception
fell asleep on opening night in a packed theatre
>Prometheus
So dissapointing, could feel my hope drain moment by moment.

Dumb camcamposter.

The force awakens.

Read the OP again dumbass; you sure as shit didn't see Alien 3 theatrically.

BvS was legit thinking it had the possibility of being good, got excited, NEVER AGAIN

Who is that, Anne Frank?

Looper.

I remember watching the trailers and being really hyped. In hindsight I don't really know why.

The Hobbit.

After 10 years of of adoring LotR, this is what we get.

Saw We Need To Talk About Kevin in a theatre, thought it was going to be a comedy by the name.
It was not a comedy, it was shit.

9. You know that movie with the sock puppet dolls in a post apocalyptic setting with the Coheed and Cambra trailer? It was shit, and it hurt me. I will never get that hyped again.

Alien3 is a pleb filter. You are (or at least were) a pleb.

Star Wars The Force Awakens

I had the fire alarm go off and missed 5 minutes of the movie but still had a good time. People who dislike it went in expecting the wrong thing. Instead of seeing it as another Alien 'slasher movie in space' type thing Prometheus is more like Mario Bava mixed with H.P. Lovememe.