Not even memeing, but this character grew on me. He was really weird at first watch...

Not even memeing, but this character grew on me. He was really weird at first watch, and i thought he was just trying to channel jim carrey and jack nicholson, but then it sort of made sense

In the context of this movie, eisenberg was actually a decent choice. Instead of the largely built business mogul, we have the literal polar opposite of superman; small and weak, but with an intellect and drive that lets his obsession with knowledge eventually show him the dark truth of what lies in space.

The only thing that bothered me was the plotholes in his overall scheme, but overall he was one of the better performances, especially since cavill got virtually no decent fucking direction besides 'be brooding the entire time'

Other urls found in this thread:

manofsteelanswers.com/lex-luthor-explained/
youtube.com/watch?v=aD6i2iKSsdc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

MMMRRRTHAAAA! SAVE MRTHA!

WHY'D YOU SAY THAT

MARVEL VS DC

The only line I really liked was

"When you flew up here you had an hour, now it's less".

The delivery was solid.

He was good
autistic evil that will not change his ways and will always try to achieve his own goals

>plotholes
manofsteelanswers.com/lex-luthor-explained/

Either way, you're making progress, user.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1U3hW1NHGg

I liked the way he said I DON'T KNOW I WOULDN'T LET THEM TELL ME

>mfw he just posted a 70 minute podcast for the Ultimate Edition

time to get comfy

Best Luthor: youtube.com/watch?v=aD6i2iKSsdc

Didnt watch because im on my phone, but does it explain the whole 'wally' situation. It seemed luther had intended all along to manipulate batfleck into fighting supes, but this was even before he found the kryptonite.

>symbolism drawn from drinking and delusion

holy shit, why is this man so fucking based

I thought the exact same thing, I couldn't understand why everyone hates him

I liked him better in the Ultimate Edition for some reason

This is actually my favorite movie Lex and it's not even close.

Femanon here. I thought he was perfect and it had absolutely nothing to do with the fact Jesse Eisenberg is a qt.

MMM BOYS

I liked him on first watch
Didn't like him as much on the second watch
Recently watched the extended cut and liked him again

I also like his clothes and the part where he pisses in a jar

the honest trailer showcases his talents really well

Autistic joker

Shut up faggot

i liked him too well maybe not for conveniently getting ahold of zod's ship but still he was breddy good overall.

You have shit taste, OP.

Anyways, head to the Suicide Squad thread. New clip.

Me and my friends liked him.

Can't wait for a Man of Steel sequel.

I LOVE IT
I LOVE BRINGING PEOPLE TOGETHER

tits or gtfo

Lex had a lot of different elements going on at once. Back ups on back ups.

The problem with Eisenberg's Luthor isn't in the performance, it's fine for what it is.

The problem is that for all his grandstanding and posturing about the nature of God and trying to destroy Superman's public image, it's all pointless because his plan ultimately boils down to "build monster to kill Superman which will destroy the world because I have no way of killing it"

>, it's all pointless because his plan ultimately boils down to "build monster to kill Superman which will destroy the world because I have no way of killing it"

HE'S INSANE

WHAT DON'T YOU FUCKING GET

HE'S VICTOR FRANKENSTEIN

JESUS CHRIST, SO WHAT IF HE DOESN'T HAVE A WAY TO KILL IT AT LEAST SUPERMAN WOULD BE DEAD AND OH LOOK, HE -IS-DEAD! FOR NOW

HW WANTED TO KILL SUPERMAN ON A WHIM BECAUSE HE FELT HIS EXISTENCE WAS A PERSONAL FUCKING AFFRONT, WHY ARE YOU LOOKING FOR LOGIC FROM A MADMAN??!

CAPS LOCK

"hurr durr he's insane" isn't a valid justification for making a compelling villain shitty just so they had an excuse to build a CGI baddie so they could have a big CGI setpiece to end the movie and set up a Justice League movie as fast as they could

the climax of BATMAN V SUPERMAN should have been BATMAN V SUPERMAN. Lex's plan should have ended with "slander and ruin Superman's public image, build kryptonite weapons, force him into fight with Batman"

just because a film is called something doesn't mean it has to include what the title is

The only justification DCucks can bring up to defend Doomsday is "HURR DURR LEX IS INSANE HIS PLAN DOESN'T HAVE TO MAKE SENSE". I think it's safe to say he doesn't belong in the fucking movie

Neither did Wonder Woman, for that matter.

His plans changed organically with the movie. First it was to tarnish Superman's image. That succeeded. Then, it was to force Superman into exile. That succeeded. THEN, it was to have Batman kill Superman (which Lex knew he could do because Kryptonite). At that point in the movie Lex had become obsessed with his plots against Superman, like Ahab to Moby Dick, and had already moved forward with creating Doomsday. He was driven by his hatred, but in the end he was simply in love with his own genius.

That entire scene was perfect

He is insane though. Characters can't be insane?

Not when it's a last minute, drastic character switch just to include a big CGI monster in the movie for no reason that's a detriment to the film as a whole.

Wasn't really a drastic character switch though you can literally tell he is insane from the get go unless you're autistic. And there was always going to be some big bad at the end you didn't really expect a movie where batman v superman fight eachother and there has to be a winner right?
And if they did go that route and had none of them win then there would be no point to the movie.

>Wasn't really a drastic character switch though you can literally tell he is insane from the get go unless you're autistic

No, he's weird and spergy, not outright insane.

>And there was always going to be some big bad at the end you didn't really expect a movie where batman v superman fight eachother and there has to be a winner right?

There didn't need to be a CGI cartoon dinosaur to end the movie. The big setpiece could have been the Batman v Superman fight, they become friends, team up to save Martha and arrest Luthor.

Note how Captain America: Civil War ended with the fight between Captain America and Iron Man and most people agree it was the much better and satisfying capeshit flick?

They did fight Lex Luthor in a way, the big bad cgi monster was Lex's proxy. He went to jail at the end remember so they knew he made the monster.

And I thought Batman v Superman was terrible, really shit. Only good part was Ben Afleck as Batman. And mate you can literally tell he is insane through the course of the movie, even at the beginning I thought he was insane.

It was due to the way he portrayed himself, but if you thought he was being more weird and spergy rather than insane then that's just a problem with the acting probably. I thought he was genuinely fucked up, you could just tell

More like complete bullshit
>can accurately predict not only that superman will detect louis lane is in danger but also exactly how long it'll take for him to get there
>also somehow knows that kidnapping his mother will go undetected despite relying upon the fact that he cares about her as much as louis lane
>sends her from kansas to metropolis instead of any other populated city

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

>it's all pointless because his plan ultimately boils down to "build monster to kill Superman which will destroy the world because I have no way of killing it"

But that's just natural progression of his gigantic hatered towards Superman, it's not enough to just tarnish his reputation, he fucking needs to die.