Guys help me with this

Guys help me with this

I borrowed $50 from mum and $50 from dad to buy a bag costing $97. After the purchase, I had $3 left. I returned $1 to dad and $1 to mum, and reserved $1 for myself. I now owe $49+$49=$98 plus the $1 I reserved for myself, which is $99. Where is the missing $1?

you're a faggot

why?

Do your homework kiddo

race war? i'm not black

9gag post ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I did.

you reserved a part of your debt for later. It's still debt and you still owe the reserved dollar.

What is 9gag? Is that some kind of good stuff?

I don't get it.

>Where is the missing $1?

it's in your pocket.

Is that really the missing $1? Why is that?

common core math teachers trying to explain common core

because you started with $100, and you took $1 out of the scenario by putting it in your pocket. that's how you wind up with $99.

Do the calculation so it's easier.

You owed $100 back total.
You paid back 1 dollar to each, or $2 total.

Now you owe $98 total. Or $49 to each.

There's no money missing from your debt.

Alright, fine

You owe 98 dollars. Just because you have the 1 dollar you reserved for youself doesn't mean you owe yourself. It's part of the original $100 you borrowed. If anything, you could pay it back to one of the two and owe $49+$48.

This isn't a math problem, it's a reading comprehension problem.

The real question is where is the pic of the bag? We need to know if its really worth 97 or not

it's the same as the "hotel bill" problem, just different amounts are used.

This is so difficult.

Total debt 100
Pay off 2
Total debt 98 problem solved
The one dollar you still have has nothing to do with the debt
You're mixing up property with debt

It's $97 or maybe it's $96. That's why there is a $1 missing.

You are going backwards with the "adding" one dollar.

You have 50+50 of debt. So you have -100 dollars. You turn in 2 dollars of debt. So you don't "pay back" anything, you just remove it from your debt. So in effect you have -98 dollars. You have one more dollar left that you didn't spend, but you didn't give back. You still owe it. You didn't "add" it to the debt, it was always a part of it. If you "add" the dollar in your pocket (by giving it back to your parents) you have -97 dollars, not +99 dollars.

The -97 dollars is the money you can't immediately pay back because of the expenditure of the bag.

The question wants you to think like an accountant, in debts and deposits, instead of a faggot thinking in cocks.

Each parent paid 48.50 of the bag cost, if you pay them back 1 dollar a piece you keep the 50 cents from each one which is your dollar. Don't screw your parents Jew.

You people made it more confusing.

so it's actually 50 cents missing?

No you mong. 48.50 x 2 is 99 dollars. You kept a dollar and tried to screw your parents out of 50 cents each.

.5+.5+48.5+48.5 = 100

Jew

>bag costs 97, or 48.5 per parent
>give parent 1 extra dollar each, so each now contributed 49.5
>49.5*2 + your own dollar = 100

but still where is the $1 missing if it isn't 50 cents?