At what age should you treat hip hop as a former of casual entertainment...

At what age should you treat hip hop as a former of casual entertainment, rather than a legitimate genre on the level of rock?

Pic related is a pic of my parents back in the day. I doubt my dad was regularly listening to gangsta music

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5DkLTV0GccY
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Your dad looks like he listens to Kenny G

Hmmm I'd say around like 9 or 10 or just generally whenever you start actually listening to music and properly liking it and following it and crap...at least that's what is was for me. Then around 19-21 you realise what a fucking racist ignoramus pleb you were

your parents look mad photogenic my guy.

I want to cum on your mom's face.

average Huey Lewis and the News fans.jpg

"Your dad" is a legit 5/10, would not stick it in his pooper and make him moan with hella pleasure.

your mom looks like she might enjoy anal

then around 25 you realize listening to niggers go "ooba gooba muh dick muh racisms" is total fucking garbage.
like all this fuckin nigga do is bitch about being black, no thanks, I'd rather not
you wouldn't let niggers into your house, so why would you let them into your ears?

I'm not gonna lie OP, your parents look like major tools and douchebags. Also your dad looks like a whipped, beta cuck.

Your mom's husband was a very gentlemanly guy to raise you, OP.

your mom's chin could fit inside your dad's chin

Hip hop is this generation's rock n roll. When "rock fans" shit on hip hop I can't help but wonder how someone can lack self-awareness that badly. Take out the racism and all of your complaints about hip hop were leveled at rock and punk in past generations.

Your mom could fucking get it my dude

Whoever gets dubs from now on has to cum tribute OP's mom

lol fuckin fag

jesus christ you must be ugly

OP post selfie rn

I can see how the cyclical nature of history and generational grievances can appear seductive, but no. You're wrong. Criticism is completely different. Sure, people overreact as if there's an equivalent correlation between what people listen to and what they believe in/how they act.

I mean I was into all sorts of gangster rap and otgher shit that promoted a stupidly naive outlook an politics and 'feels' wrapped up in cringe-tier 'wokefulness', but I never really subscribed to any of it. I just built my own aesthetic around it and it's this autistic obsession with anaesthetising music and mindlessly worhipping style without intellectualising it in a coherent manner that kept me going till I was about 17. 26 now, still listen to hip hop from time to time, but I never take it seriously and I share the same concerns as other people since its reign over mainstream music.

People overreact in terms of predeicting behavioural effects, but the criticisms directed at hip hop are in no way the same as those rock was subjected to.

>Hip hop is this generation's rock n roll.
>this generation
Hip hop has been around since you were swimming in your daddy's sack, my dude. 1980 was 37 fuckin' years ago.

I hope it's not me ;))

if you want to get technical, blacks invented rock n roll... difference is, they sang the blues and they sing in rock n roll.
hip hop is a totally different approach to music, and it sucks

dubs checked

1980s rap is like Sock hop-tier 50's pop

Modern rap is like the explosion of rock sub genres in the 70s and 80s

>Kenny G is bad
pleb.
youtube.com/watch?v=5DkLTV0GccY

Lol. There is not a single iteration of rap music today that wasn't around by the mid 1990's at the very latest. That's still 20 years ago. Rap sales as a percentage of total music sales peaked around that time too. You're talking out your ass.

how do I know you're not the same color as the both of them?

this. I'm sure there is a discrepancy between the contents of what people listen to and what they actually believe.

the annoying bit is when you have non-retarded teenagers who listen to 'woke' hip hop like immortal technique and buy into alternative pseudo-sources of history like illuminati and we wuz kangz. Not even gonna touch on the non-ironic materialism. Nigguh-rich aesthetic and goals are worst aesthetic and goals.

I also get that hip hop is bound to touch on some race relations issues, but marketing the social commentary like it's the institutional fight we fought up until 30 years ago is either stupid or devious and certainly isn't doing any good to race relations.

Whenever you want to, fag. Just keep it to yourself instead of sounding pseudointellectual on a Vietnamese woodprint-making website.

>rock
>not just another equal form of popular music for entertainment

>no way the same as those rock was subjected to

1. rock was regarded as too rebellious and harmful to the youth and the fabric of America's morals as early as the 50s; rap is regarded as too rebellious and harmful to the youth and the fabric of America's morals as early as the 90s

2. rock was regarded as overtly shallow and misogynistic in the 80s; rap is regarded as overtly shallow and misogynistic now

3. rock was regarded as having no staying power as early as the 50s; rap is regarded as having no staying power now

Everyone here is discussing based on conjecture, and although what you're saying is correct for a significant number of (older) people, the reality is that hip hop does not face that kind of scrutiny from most young people.

The distinction is that 1 and 2 are actually kind of true for hip hop but not for rock, but I'm being very general.