About to watch Green Room, what is some essential punk kino? I loved SLC Punk! but can't think of anything else

About to watch Green Room, what is some essential punk kino? I loved SLC Punk! but can't think of anything else.

Also listening to punk rock so I can get into the mood of this kino, I don't listen to music much these days when I do it's mainly black metal, haven't really listened to punk since high school.

the decline of western civilization part one

Fat Kid Rules the World, the spiritual successor to SLC Punk.

Ex Drummer

This. Parts two and three are interesting as well. also heavy metal parking lot.

also are punks even still a thing? I graduated high school 10 years ago and even then there weren't that many punks, mostly just mall goth kids who liked NIN and The Misfits.

(Has Fantano reviewed any good punk/hardcore/metal albums this year? I really haven't been into music much in a few years, mostly focused on film kino.

Also looking for films like Class of 84 just remembered it was sort of punk themed.

Suburbia
American Hardcore

>also are punks even still a thing?
Kind of. Not in the old school stereotypical way, though. Punk has evolved.

also opinions on Green Room? Is it the best horror film of the year? Odd that no one has ever really done a punk metal horror movie before.

Sid and Nancy is a literal punk movie.
Also Trainspotting is kind of like heroin punk.
Lost Boys is also good but it's more on the New Wave side of things rather than straight punk.

really? i figured it's mostly rap and indie shit these days. nobody does punk or hesher metal head shit any more. everyone is a wannabe rapper or DJ these days.

Its not horror its a thriller and yes its MOTY.

Lost Boys does have a punk look to it. I actually like the idea of blending punk rockers with horror films and wonder why Green Room is one of the first that did it.

>i figured it's mostly rap and indie shit these days
No. No genre ever really leaves. There's plenty of good punk out there. If you're looking for an old-school sound you won't find it because, like I said, punk has evolved.

I get the feeling punk was never really a thing to begin with

Dude, Johnny Cash was like, the first punk if you think about it

spoken like someone who never saw NOFX, Ramones, or Rancid back in that nice little punk resurgence in the 90s.

Shit even the lame kids listened to that nu-ska punk shit like Reel Big Fish

..... am i being baited?

kino coming through

this is england is punk/skinhead

and this is england the 3 tv series

Another State of Mind

Suburbia

Repo Man

Green Room is shit. It's predictable and thus forgettable. Great that they had Patrick Stewart but they completely wasted his acting ability. There's basically nothing to differentiate GR from any other film in the same category.

Smithereens is OK if you're looking for that DIY New Wave aesthetic, but be warned it's a little bit dull.

Go to tumblr search pop punk, that's how punk looks these days. and you get the rare people who still play dress up punk of the 70s

And then you get the people who shit themselves on heroin in squats.

IMO the true punks of modern society are the misfist like bronies and other autistic types. Literally no fucks given about society or its conventions.

slc punk 2? didnt the sequel come out this year?

Bob narrates the story from the afterlife. It's about his goth dandy son getting into punk. They weren't able to get all the cast though.
The black haired mod guy becomes a black metal dude.

I came to recommend Hesher.

NAZI PUNKS NAZI PUNKS NAZI PUNKS

FUCK OFFFFFFFFF

Hesher was good. Not punk but it plays motorbreath at the end which is quite punk for metal.

I cannot recommend this enough, one of my favorite movies.

Also Class of 1984

Hesher is pretty punk, dude.

SEX AND VIOLENCE
SEX AND VIOLENCE
SEX AND VIOLINS
SAX AND VIOLINS SAX AND VIOLINS SAX AND VIOLINS SAX AND VIOLINS SAX AND VIOLINS SAX AND VIOLINS SAX AND VIOLINS SAX AND VIOLINS SAX AND VIOLINS SAX AND VIOLINS SAX AND VIOLINS SAX AND VIOLINS SAX AND VIOLINS SAX AND VIOLINS SAX AND VIOLINS SAX AND VIOLINS SAX AND VIOLINS SAX AND VIOLINS

crust punks are disgusting tho

IT IS NOT A HORROR MOVIE, YOU FUCKING FAGGOT. It is a thriller, and not even that great of one.

Sid and Nancy

Repo Man

mah nigga

This guy gets it.

Romper Stomper.

the shitty one where punks and straight edges battle it out

I'd say give Christiane F. a watch. Great film, has David Bowie in it briefly too.

Is that Shaggy from the Scooby Doo movie?

>tfw punk is dead