Should I join the Army or Marines? Here's a little bit about me

Should I join the Army or Marines? Here's a little bit about me
Advantages:
>Im 18
>I'm 6'2"
>180lbs
>Lean but not big (toned is a better word)
>can run 2 miles in about 14 minutes
>Can do 60 push-ups in 2 minutes
>Im a volunteer firefighter with multiple certificates in training
>IQ of 120
>Will hopefully get an EMT certification this summer (let's pretend I already have it for now)
Disadvantages:
>I have a good IQ but not academically a genius (B- average in high school)
>I hate learning about pointless things like liberal arts but do good when it's something I love
>I love to physically challenge myself but not really mentally
>I often have trouble paying attention
>It can be hard to admit when I'm wrong
>I have a low self esteem. At least that's what people tell me. They say I'm too negative about myself

french foreign legion, you will be raped in the showers by some german thugs on your first day but it is character building

So you're a dumb jock. USMC all the way.

Not really. I'm pretty reserved. I am physically a jock but not my personality

You know whatever you join the British army is going to have a better equivalent

But we beat you guys twice and bailed you out in world war 2...

Go into the Marines and do Recon/MARSOC or intelligence.

Army are all fat pussies.

What did you get on the asvab?

Also Marine uniforms are about 1000x better looking and

and what was your GT score?

comparing indiviudals units, brits are better, just americans have shittonnes of funding and manpower

beat us when? lol

Where are you getting this information? Pulling it out of your ass?

I mean, the war of independance yeah, but I can't think other than that

The war of 1812...

Pretty much, yeah, but if you look at special forces, the americans kind of have it wrong in terms of who they hire, being a 6'3 massive muscle machine is good and all, but it requires a lot more food to keep you going, where as british special forces then to be short but strong guys. Also Gurkhas.

Never studied history I'm just thinking the last war you fought without the brits was vietnam and the last war we fought without americans was the falklands, and one went way better than the other

I have been taking practice tests and did good on basic science and reading comprehension, okay with math, but struggle with the word section

So you're one of those people that think a silverback would beat a grizzly then. Lul

I don't even understand this analogy

You really know nothing about special operations of any country do you?

>where as british special forces then to be short but strong guys
SAS don't select on physical strength and presence. Sure, they have to be fit and the selection process is brutal, but it majors on mental toughness, versatility and the ability to think out of the box.

The original SAS were a bunch of rejects who did not take military discipline well and that stole their first camp from other units as the army brass didn't believe in them - hardly the sort of thing you expect form the regular army.

Army or Marines? There isn't even a fucking question. I was in the Corps from 07 to 13 and honestly every single standard was higher, why would you settle and be an Army fag?

sounds like a stupid fantasy version of yourself. A person with these mental and physical attributes would be succeeding in fucking college, not taking on the life of a directionless douchebag.

I have a reasonably high IQ and hated the fucking Army. I would've hated the Marines even more, to judge from what my friends who were in it told me. Why, because I hated having dumbfucks order me around like I was the idiot. And that is what happens 24/7 in the military.

Join as an officer

Here's a pretty good reason:

"Drowned Marines in full gear - Washington Times
www.washingtontimes.com/news/2003/mar/27/20030327-090237-4873r/
Mar 27, 2003 - In a statement, the Marine Corps said: "For unclear reasons, four Marines were crossing the Saddam Canal. Two of the Marines made it across, ..."

I can tell you the exact mentality behind this: "Sir, we don't have the equipment." (Eyes bulging): "goddamn you, I'm a major in the United States Marines! Don't you fucking tell me what you can't do! I said get across, you get across!" (1sgt and Gunny, in unison, faces red): "Did you not HEAR that, Marine? Get your goddamn sorry ass into that canal!"

(Gurgle gurlge)

"They died upholding higher standards!"

>Join as an officer

no doubt, if you have half a brain that's the only way to go in the military. Me, I had no money and my parents told me to fuck off at the end of HS. I saw Army as a way to get money for college. And it worked too, I was highly motivated to get an education. But I think I should've just lived in my fucking car or something while going to college, rather than join the Army. I made some good friends there and all, but fuck that environment.

I did a semester in community college. And I've had enough of the safe space and entitled pricks. I want to do more and be a little different instead of some mindless liberal arts major

Well no shit you hated the army. You joined to get college money. I'm joining because I want to do more with my life and repay the country I'm so lucky to live in. I'll even die for those stuck up liberals so that they never have to deal with real fascism

LOL. You have a real idealistic and romanticized of the military based on this post alone.

dont think youre gonna be kicking ass and taking numbers while defending freedom. You're gonna be scrubbing a toilet while some prick screams in your face. You want it to be one way, but trust me its the other,

If scrubbing toilets is what it takes then i'll scrubs toilets. It's better than what I'm doing now, which is looking around for a job when there are no openings. Besides. Scrubbing toilets is for the guys who joined just to get college credit or free shit. But then end up getting their asses kicked. I'm anticipating myself going through the worst 13 weeks of my life. If that's what it takes to get some dignity and respect, so be it. I'm actually training and preparing for this.

learn how to iron a shirt and polish boots

if you're just in it for benefits and GI bill, go Army. otherwise go Marines. if you think you're really up for it though, go Army then go for Army Rangers.

Marines are S tier every other branch is shit.

Either be a bootlick or sell all your shit and go be worshipped in another country just for being american? Better start selling boy.

pretty much this aside from elite units like the 101st Airborne, 75th Rangers Regiment, or the SEALs. basically, unless you actually think you're going to be doing special ops, join the Marines if you want to be taken seriously.