I hardly see any reviews mentioning Chris Hemsworth's performance in Ghostbusters

I hardly see any reviews mentioning Chris Hemsworth's performance in Ghostbusters.

Is it because he's a man?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wnVH0s1c9yY
youtube.com/watch?v=OG83qBuQ_A8
youtu.be/HUEKreyTkvA?t=29m48s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because his performance bested fembuster

But he saved the movie

He was maximum retard. He can't remember how to answer the phone, he's retarded, and he's an asshole. It was maybe a little funny how stupid he was, but I found it annoying.

Femenists trying hard to push teh dumb hot guy meme, end up making male funnier then entire female cast.

They objectified the shit out of him too. First scene, Wiig wets herself with her orgasm over his body. They comment on it all movie. When he gets possessed, they complain multiple times that they can't get a shitty secretary as hot as him, and Wiig is jokingly almost sexually harassing him.

The concept, writing, and arc (though I wouldn't really count showing up out of fucking nowhere saying "I can be a ghostbuster too" as development) of his character were really shitty, especially when Annie Potts' character was so great. But Hemsworth's performance was 10/10 with what he was given.

>he doesn't understand the irony

The I can be a Ghostbuster thing came out of fucking left field. He never once expressed interest in their ghostbusting all film. They either cut an essential scene or were retarded in their screenwriting.

If it was treated like female objectification was, it'd be a commentary, but they overdid it in a way women are simply not treated in film. Most female objectification is purely visual candy. This was mostly Wiig making sexist comments all movie.

Why does he do an accent in the movie?

What's so threatening about a little bit of mansploitation, user?

He's so retarded in the movie that he removed his glasses glass because he found it annoying to clean them. He probably does an accent because he got confused and forgot how American sounds.

There were a lot of weird cuts and seemingly missing stuff that could've made the movie better. The editing was weird.

>they overdid it in a way women are simply not treated in film.

But it was real in their heads, user.

They didn't properly mansploit him. I'm a fag and I thought it was offensive. They mostly made voiced comments about his muscles and how hot he was all movie, but they failed to really exploit him visually like they would a women. I felt cockblocked. Where's my candy as a male faggot? I don't want to hear how hot he is and how much the women want to fuck him. I want to SEE his muscles ripple and his bod shine. They fucked up objectifying.

Its silly. Chads are dominant gods who have harems of feminist sluts who resentfully call them "fuccbois" because they're mad chad won't commit to them but their biological urge to submissively lap up chads cum like the inferior bitches they are. This portrayal doesn't make any sense

So, is Feig gonna pull a Snyder and try to tell people that Ghostbusters Ultimate Edition is the one he meant to make all along?

Chris has such a long and slender neck for such a broad frame. I'm jelly and I wish I had a neck.

Probably impossible with Feig's "be funny and then we'll figure it out in the editing room" style. The worst thing about this movie is that it's just okay. If it were shit like RLM had me expecting, I could have joy in being smug about it, and if it were good, I could've been happy it exists.

>mfw feminazis cant even objectify properly

OUTTA MY WAY MYSOGINIST FUCKING SHITS

Is anyone seriously looking forward to a home video release of this shit? At least Batman v. Superman actually had a following that went and saw the movie in theaters.

Probably not, but I don't think it's going to stop them from finding new ways to dig themselves deeper.

I liked the gag where Melissa McCarthy gets frustrated and throws away his sandwich and all he has to do is say "little help" for some rando off-camera to toss it back to him.

youtube.com/watch?v=wnVH0s1c9yY

T. Milo

It's kind of old news at this point but it really demonstrates that it's less about equality and more about putting the shoe on the other foot.

BANNED

>pussyclat

Where're his balls, man?

>T

Except they put a clown shoe on the other foot, which doesn't accurately reflect the thing they're criticizing.

That isn't a man, thats a numale cuck.

>(You)

he did it for teh lulz, just like cabin in the woods

It's Chris Helmsworth, faggot.

youtube.com/watch?v=OG83qBuQ_A8

Why do you keep posting this shit video?

Besides it doesnt bother me this much, since someone has to fill the trope of dumb sidekick and happens to be male.
The problem is just that many complain about dumb eyecandy in films, but than are ok with it here, very hypocrite, and are like "now you know how a woman feels" which is like a kids fight "but he dod it too" level.

>Because he's a man?
Could be they even made a new imax poster without him, which i feel they push it more.

too bad that movie made more then fucking ghostbusters

and the controversy was different too.

>mindblown
If this should be a depiction of how women feel.
Than this would explain the male characters.
Its not because they are so, but thats how they do see them.
Its like the simpsons scene where homer explain how he saw a meeting.
Could this film not be reality but how these characters percieved it? Like an Ally Mcbeal full vision scenery?

Chris Helmsworth a shit.

Have you seen heart of the sea? He tries to do an American accent in that flick, horrible desu senpai

>he saved the movie
>Haha this is so loud I better cover my eyes xD
He was absolute trash.

>Is it because he's a man?
Sort of. Paul Fig writes fucking op-eds about how Men. Cannot. Be. Funny. That is the party line. That is the dogma of this production.

His character is funny. He's acting funny. Hell, right here: youtu.be/HUEKreyTkvA?t=29m48s

The guy doesn't even realize he's an insulated hypocrite. But, the media will not go against the words of the higher powers.

God fucking damn that joke pissed me off so much.

Like there's stupid, and then there's that fucking shit. No one is that fucking stupid.
Literally the stupidest joke I have ever seen in a fucking film.

What's he going to do in the next film? Cover his ears because something smells bad? Cover his mouth because he walks in on Melissa McCarthy naked?

They just wanted to bully men, probably as some object lesson about how you shouldn't treat women like that.

Of course, pretty much no one does, but these fucks live in heir own delusions.

Most critics call him the funniest person in the movie (not hard considering who he's working with). Some people like Phelous and RLM find his retardness annoying. Just goes to show how unfunny the rest of the cast was.

Thats why they did the imax poster without him and now use it as the main poster.
They want to shun him out.

Did he just fucking Mike Stoklasa 2 black cops? Does this really happen?

>Having as much neck as face

>2 black cops

Learn to count.

He'd have to to stop the sick pouring out

So you're saying women's view on reality is completely warped.

Because no one cares about Hemsworth when he's not playing Thor.

That's not what fuckboy means.

No, just the lead roles.
Maybe its narrated from Wiigs character, she gets expelled by men and since then she percueves all men to be this way.
Like you would expect a book from the view of a terrorist to paint the enemy as the devil with how he thought or remember it happened.

His character was shit. Fanboys/girls will praise him, but he was just some dumb idiot who gets possesed by some loser idiot.

The jokes about his idiocy were too long and they fucking EXPLAINED the jokes. More than once. More than once for a single joke! The glasses without lenses gag was the worst offender.

No, that because you only read a few lines of the reviews instead of reading them au complete, you shitlord.

Ok. You got me

He's not that hot honestly.

>Murray stalked and harassed Sigourney weaver into a relationship in the original film.

At least Erin didn't succeed.

Weaver shut him down or played along though. She wasn't retarded and oblivious. And when she was a dog, Murray didn't abuse her. He called the guys to help out with her weirdness.

>Cover his mouth because he walks in on Melissa McCarthy naked?
If he doesn't want to puke, yes

It was at least as good as the original. Better than 2 for sure. I went in looking for exact character parallels for venks/stantz et all, but once I realized there WEREN'T any (Abby/Erin are both equally venkman/stantz in certain capacities etc) I loosened up a bit.

>action sequences were better
>characterization was just as strong.
>arcs for the characters were better (esp Winston compared to patty)
>jokes from the trailer still DID NOT WORK but the rest of the writing was surprisingly snappy
>they cut the dumb dance sequence and shoved it in the credits where it's harmless
>Murray died in the 3rd Ghostbusters movie like he wanted.

I hate to say it, but if you legitimately consider yourself a fan of the franchise and didn't get caught up in it on some level I have to assume you walked in with a chip on your shoulder. It's the least bad 80s reboot we've ever received.

>All men are literally retards
Fuck this movie and its agenda

>I like SNL sketches crammed together and called a movie because they have a vague theme going on
Sure thing, bro

How did they abuse him while he was possessed? They were legitimately concerned about his well-being, they didn't want him hurt?

I'm not saying that either is bad, but the parallel is obvious and it's dumb to be upset by one and not the other.

Yes it is.

Chris Helmsworth

I didn't say they abused him. They just continuously commented about how sexy he was. The difference was he was oblivious to it because he was basically mentally handicapped.

This means nothing in relationship to the post you replied you. You may as well have not replied.

Murray was a dog towards Weaver throughout literally the entirety of Ghostbusters. Erin wanted stuffed by Kev the whole movie. It's literally the same. Maybe less bad because her flirtations were so inconsequential, he, as you said, literally didn't even notice them.

DELET THIS

Except Hemsworth was her employee. McCarthy even had a joke where she said Wiig was a lawsuit waiting to happen. The equivalent would be if Murray was hitting on Potts constantly, getting boners around her and shit.

No, you're thinking of what the tumblr white girls believe fuckboy means.

Slang gets mangled once it reaches the masses.

copy that

Nice trips.

Wait you serious or baiting? Every article I read said he was the funniest character in entire movie and he should start doing comedy more often..