How the fuck did Walt get away with this. Shit was done in public during broad fucking daylight and there was a witness

How the fuck did Walt get away with this. Shit was done in public during broad fucking daylight and there was a witness.

Because muh epic expuloshunz old man so badaaaassss

The rule of cool.

KENWINS

Who'd believe, that this harmless loser would burn down a gas station?
Who "saw" him?

The gas station clerk was a witness. He would have been able to see it going on in front of him.

You could say this about every single action film

I think that guy was busy talking to the owner, wasn't he?
All he could've seen, was Walt rummaging inside the car, Walt walking away and then an explosion.

Imagine working at a gas station. Would you stare at any occurence outside for minutes at a time?

white privilege

he also blew up the floor of an apartment building in a post-911 world with a few dozen eye witnesses. The NSA would have been all over that and they have the power to lean on cartels.

>it ain't me starts playing

The loose cannon cop might not have to deal with it, but his chief will have the DA up his Hershey highway

nah that's not true

>gas station clerk

holy shit you americans are fucking pathetic kek

I actually live in a state where the attendants pump your gas. Kinda sucks that I don't get to do it myself.

A camera that every gas station must have to pass safety protocols?

Please, tell me where you live and how gas stations operate there. Your perspective is important for providing context here.

You'd be surprised what you can get away with by just doing shit.

Because he's a protagonist of a TV show and thus has plot armour and magical powers.

I don't know how it is in gofuckyourselfistan but in america they make money by having a really shitty food store where the gas station is where they sell things like coffee and ice slurpee drinks for cheap so you can buy them when you're getting gas.
Its the same model as movie theaters, where the concessions have such a high profit margin that the money they get from tickets isn't even that considerable.

Because he didn't act guilty.

Oregon?

Not only this, but if his face wasn't clearly caught on camera while in the act, there's fuckall anyone could do about. Even if it was, a cop would still have to figure out who he was, which they probably would just give up on after there were no matches

Because in the script it said he does.

Because it's really easy to get away with anything if you never return to the scene of the crime and never talk about it. You can drive to a state you don't live in kill someone drive back and never be caught

plot armor

He does far more damage with far more witnesses when he blows up Tuco's office a couple episodes later iirc.

And his face was on camera. Really distinctly, too, they made sure we took notice of the fact Tuco had his face on camera.

I suspect that was part of their season 1 plan that got torn in half by the writer's strike, along with Jesse's death.

wouldn't an explosion of that scale have brought out SWAT teams and the federal government?

I can buy Walt maybe getting away with it because he blended into the crowd, but how did Tuco's operation not get discovered right then and there?

just a direct feed, no recording

It wasn't even as big as a gas explosion would have been, it seemed to have about the force of a car crash.

Everybody there was a cartel member or a one percenter, an entire block full of people who hear nothing and see nothing.

he didnt look back, so they could not see his face