Tfw you just find out the grand idea for a screenplay is being made into a film

>tfw you just find out the grand idea for a screenplay is being made into a film

Fucking hell.

Why the fuck did I sit on it for so long?
Why didn't I do anything with it?
Why am I such a fucking piece of shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/aFRg5pLD9EI
scirra.com/arcade/other-games/3d-platformer-1460
davioware.com/Q3Dplugin.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Don't blame yourself. What could you have done? You're only one man. You're just another soul wandering the lost highway.

Be at peace. Go fap.

What film

Like your movie wouuld have been any good. If you still think plot matters in fiction you're too retarded to succeed in any field really. If you're too big of a fag to commit to real learning consider killing yourself.

>you're 30 years old and you desperately want to write a screenplay and direct your own film
>can't act, don't have equipment, and the film idea still sits atop my head.

Download a free vidya engine and turn it into an indie video game.

ghostbusters female reboot 2

No. I do this too much. It's time that could be spent writing. Like I do all my fucking terrible habits to much. As I type this I'm getting drunk on Baron Samedi. It's a fucking Thursday night. And I'm alone.

I need to stop fucking myself up. I can't keep having great ideas not doing anything with them and then whining when someone else makes it.

I hate myself so fucking much. I need to fix my life.

It's a high concept thriller and character driven. It's a great idea and will make a fantastic film. There's already a great documentary on a similar incident that I'm sure this same person was inspired by too.

>real learning

What constitutes real learning? If you mean university level film and screenwriting classes then I have done that and have the useless degrees to prove it.

how the fuck do I do that?

>I hate myself so fucking much.
Don't focus on that. Realign your priorities and get to work. Good luck.

>high concept thriller and character driven
hhhhheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh

eeeeeeeheheheheheheheheheheheehehehehehehehehehehh

>what constitutes real learning
stop being a plotfag, go watch some Derek Jarman flicks

You can film on an iPhone and hire actors or take acting classes.

I'm OP so I'm not gonna pretend I'm not a dumb faggot cunt who deserves to die and procrastinates endlessly but honestly our problems are bullshit. We're making excuses. We could make it happen if we actually tried. Even if it wasn't a masterpiece, we could make it happen. But we don't because creating excuses is so much easier than creating something of value.

You never would have gotten it made anyway, goy.

>Derek Jarman

And you were calling me a fag.

Derek Jarman separates the fags from the real Gs.

youtu.be/aFRg5pLD9EI

I'd generally agree with you but by a spectacular coincidence this person took the same degree at the same university as I did.

They're not Jewish or based in Hollywood.

Although they started it after I was long gone yet despite having graduated more recently than me they've found success before me.

They're are several (relatively) free video game engines that you can use to create an indie game, including: Unreal Engine 4, Unity and GameMaker Studio (and a few other less known). You can look into each one and see if it looks right for your purposes.

Also they each have terms of usage. For instance, if you create and sell a game using Unreal Engine 4, Epic Games (the creator of the engine) will require a percentage of the money you make.

You can find tutorials for each engine on YouTube. Look into it if you're interested.

Learn pixel art from deviant art or look at art and mimic the artstyle from there.

Then download construct 2. The coding is basically 'logic blocks' and supports ipad, iphone, pc and so on. Basically Unity engine for 2D games.

Best part is you won't need coding knowledge and suffer from 0 bugs.

ReadIgnore
You shouldn't advertise Unreal Engine 4
You are implying he has to make 3D models.

GameMaker as game maker is very dated and suffers from engine errors. And is very limited, which will fuck him over even more.

Construct 2 does have licensing however you pay 100$ or 1000$ depending on what you need. But you can just do like everyone else, download a torrent from PirateBay and sell your game by having a indie paypal site (people can view images and then use the paypal button to get a copy automatically after payment) and then you can pay off the licensing if you make enough.

Game making is not that hard. You just need the capacity for it.

>Learn pixel art from deviant art
I'm personally looking into rendering pixel art with Blender. Using 3D art to create sprites seems easier than pulling my hair out because I can't pixel in Photoshop.

even if you did write, do you have the connections to get it on someone's desk?

Good, I was initially going to recommend drawing pictures and resizing them to pixel art but then I'd have to assume that you are one of those artists that can mass produce walking animations or know general animation tricks.

3D is a good start.
A tip, if you don't like the 3D you can add filters and plugins that make your 3D characters look cartoony. Then you can convert them to sprites and people won't tell the difference.

That does not matter, write a good screenplay and pitch it to indie film makers, move companies etc.

If it's good, it will get picked up. You get a good cut of the profits, then you can afford the equipment. Sounds easier said than done, but it's not impossible.

Okay hold up anons. Are we taking OP seriously after 'oh I totally had that idea but now it's too late' and now 'just make it as a video game' is being taken seriously as a suggestion? What the fuck is this thread? Does OP really sound like an artist to you? This is fucking stupid.

OP if you were really the kind of person who got this shit done you'd be off doing it, not posting on Sup Forums.

To tell you the truth, I'm still deciding which engine I plan to use. Does Construct 2 support limited 3D? I need an engine that can combine an isometric 2D map with certain 3D elements.

Not OP but, thanks bro.

Ill be working on my own idea too.

I'm not considering making my idea as a videogame, you faggot. I'm getting drunk and then tomorrow I go back to the drawing board and try come up with something different.

I still hate you and everyone else ITT.

>getting drunk
Yeah that'll help. Hemmingway was a hack but he's still better than you'll ever be.

>Does OP really sound like an artist to you?
everyone deserves a chance

Did you ever talk about it online? Did you write parts or most of the screenplay on a computer with an internet connection? Beware the Hollywood Hackers that work for the studios, who steal ideas from film students and amateurs alike. Don't worry I probably just made that up. Things like that never happen haha.

And from the sounds of it he's failed. What do you mean 'a chance' though? Is anybody actively going out and stopping anybody here from making a movie?

Do I not have a chance?

>Hollywood steals ideas
They have so many fucking ideas that if we were to write them all down in size 11 font on A4 paper there'd be enough to build a new wall in China. They aren't hurting for new ideas and will only jump on something new if it's what people are after. Nobody's ever going to be blown away by the genius of a script so hard that the movie gets made. Movies get made because Harvey Weinstein thinks the premise is profitable.

>I still hate you and everyone else ITT.

I'm sure you hate yourself more than all of us combined.

>getting drunk
>Yeah that'll help.
It's not supposed to help, it's just a numbing agent.

>Hemmingway was a hack but he's still better than you'll ever be.

You don't need to be so contrarian. It's okay to like Hemingway and no shit he'll be better than I'll ever be.

Yes
Here's a test
scirra.com/arcade/other-games/3d-platformer-1460

Example plugin
davioware.com/Q3Dplugin.php
And as you said
> I need an engine that can combine an isometric 2D map with certain 3D elements.
The plugin pretty much says what you need:
>- Overlay the 3D canvas with 2D elements like text and sprites.

I've worked with construct 2 for a long time, I didn't know any coding before I enrolled into a coding class for work, but I still don't need it.

Also don't do as me, I followed the Braid advice where he claimed that you should first try to make the game with placeholder images to try it out before you make the final designs so you can work with the game engine easily.
I did that and ended up remaking the game completely because construct pretty much did everything I needed to and I didn't have any real limits. But because I didn't have the experience first the prototype was complete garbage due to my limited knowledge.

Instead write what you want.
And keep hammering the engine until you get what you want after you are done DESIGNING the game.

>it's okay to like Hemmingway
have you ever met somebody who likes Hemmingway? All insecure men who smoke cigars and drink strong alcohol to create a 'manly' image and lazy people who like his work because it's short and simple and think that the use of any adjective is purple prose.

>What do you mean 'a chance' though?
I meant, he's worth a word of good cheer and a sincere suggestion.
>Do I not have a chance?
You sure do. Good luck on your endeavors.

You sound like a guy who realises this weekly and doesn't change

Nailed it.

Part of why I hate myself so much.

Thanks.

Get real friends dude, you telling this shit to Sup Forums is probably the most pathetic part.

No problem. Also play other people's workshop games on Scirra, you'll learn a bunch of tricks.

You sound like the guy who knows from experience.

Possibly.

No idea why you're so invested in this thread though.

Okay here's a screenplay fir you guys:

>a hitman and his target get stuck in an elevator
>most of the movie happen in the elevator
>they become friends
>hitman still kills the target in the end

There's a good short there.

I know because I wrote it.

What film?

Game dev here.
Prepare for 24/7 work hours for the next 3 years.

You don't mean it though, you just want to publically display it to verify to yourself you have done wrong- otherwise you'd sort it and not bother telling anyone.

I live with my best friend - says the same thing- dropped out of two universities and law school, the bums lost lebowski I tells him, the bums lost

I just got there and you were replying to my 1st post.

Here's my idea for a short
>Man goes through some heavy ennui that becomes suicidal depression because of long term unemployment and no prospects
>Eventually decides to buy a helium tank
>Writes his suicide letter online in his shitty apartment
>His tank arrives and he preps himself to suck in the sweet sweet Helium
>Eyes closed, everything's clean
>Takes a deep breath when the door is unlocked and the apartment owner shows in a maintenance worker without warning
>Maintenance worker snaps into action when he sees what's going on
>Rips the guys mask off and asks him why on earth he'd kill himself
>Guy says, 'No one takes me seriously.' But the helium makes his voice super high
>Maintenance guy can't suppress a sharp laugh
>'You shouldn't kill yourself, let me fix the vent here.'
>Maintenance guy works on the vent while suicidal guy just sits there awkwardly
>Maintenance guy leaves and suicidal guy jumps out the window

>You don't mean it though, you just want to publically display it to verify to yourself you have done wrong

Displaying it publicly doesn't verify anything I didn't already know. Really just wanted to vent and perhaps share some misery with others who experienced similar

>otherwise you'd sort it and not bother telling anyone.

No, people can be aware of their problems and not solve them. I'd go so far as to say almost every human being is aware of their own flaws. Having the drive to actively continue working on addressing them is what separates the successful from the rest of us.

I'm skeptical you're not this guy