Can someone tell me the pros and cons of bc rich guitars...

Can someone tell me the pros and cons of bc rich guitars? I've heard the pickups are garbage but that's about it thinking of picking up a beast

MODS!!!

shitty necks, cool (?) shapes

the necks are shit

retarded to play sitting down

BC rich is okay just dont get that shape (warbeast)

You increase the risk of stabbing yourself to death with each solo

The higher end models are okay if you are into the whole metal in your face thing, but the lower end models aren't the best in my opinion and better quality guitars can be had for their price like lower end LTDs and stuff.

Stop being such a faggot

Literally everyone will laught at you and not because of the unusuall shapes.

Had a mockingbird and hated it. Its Heavy guitar. Crazy shaped body made playing some akward. And the strap buttons were placed in a way that if you didn't have your hand on the neck the headstock would point toward the ground. Didn't like. Imo

Gonna fill you in on this shit so you dont make the same mistakes i did.

Low end bc richs suck dude. All of them. Warlocks, beasts, asm, etc... shitty construction, terrible fake floyd roses that dont hold a tune, shitty pickups. The high end stuff like the mockingbirds are solid but to be honest you'll be better off with a low to mid end ltd.

They make you look like a faggot and they have no soul. Sound is flat, it doesn't have a body for good tone.

OP here I'm just curious cause I can't find many good reviews but my stepbrother had a warlock and loved it

>fake floyd roses
Can confirm this on my M300FM, replaced the Special with an Original with hollowpoints. Man she is almost exactly like an M-II I played once besides the perfect finish on the latter's neck. Beautiful.

>better off with a low to mid end ltd
Yeah. Highly recommend LTD. Anything 300/400 series and up is great and I'd even go as far to say Studio worthy.

ESP LTD
/thread

I have a BC Rich Bich and I love it. Got it used for a great price and it still sounds great. Got into them after playing my friends warbeast. He has a new warmaster now and loves it. Never had any problems with pickups or anything like that, well built guitars imo

OP here the platinum pro beast has a few good reviews but it's discontinued I'm gonna do alot of thinking about what I want but thanks for the info anons

There is a Guitar and Bass General on Sup Forums if you ever want more advice. Sup Forums probably isn't the best place. Though sometimes they can be elitists and narrow-minded as well.

Get something better than the BC Rich like the Jackson Warrior. It has EMG 81/85 humbucker which sounds great.

I've been playing for 30+ years and I have played just about every different guitar model over the years. BC Rich is one of the manufacturers I would never own a guitar from. Even the high end ones I've played are shitty awful quality. They have terrible construction and hardware. Often body wood is sub par, its difficult to get good tone or sustain with them.

Do yourself and stay away from BC Rich, if you just want a sick looking metal axe, get something like an ESP, Dean, Jackson, hell even prs makes some decent guitars for metal

Just go play one at guitar center

I wouldn't recommend Dean's unless it's Dimebag's signature with his Dimebuckers but besides that they don't have much decent guitars.

they are quite good, typically they play like butter (at least with my experience). however depending on the model you can get it might feel weird when playing sitting down, standing I wouldn't see a problem though. Also ive been playing for about 6 years, I'm thinking about getting a bass because I'm board of the guitar. love my iby though

Get an ESP dude. I love my MH 401, not much of a shredder so I got opted out of the tremelo.

If you want a BC Rich you are probably too shitty of a guitarist to shred anyways.

what do you recommend I do with my lack of motivation to play?

I have a beast bass, it's pretty cool. Heavy though, and the weight distribution is all wrong.
I recommend finding a better place to mount your straps than the pegs it comes with.

I second this, I had a lower end Jackson Warrior and after a couple minor mods, it played better than any lower end BC rich I can think of.
Also Fuck EMGS active pickups suck

I'm not the dude with 30+ years experience but with a lack of motivation I'd say just get something decent that'll change your okay style and make you innovate a new sound. Get a guitar that has different humbuckers or go for single coil or instead of no trem get a Floyd or a strat trem.

Floyd Rose Special though. Goddamn do they corrode quickly and just become a pain in the arse.

it's not as easy as that for some people. We don't have GC here in Aus, you have to travel to a capital city to try out any kind of a range. In my town, all we have is some corner store low-mid BC Rich dealer who also sells chinese LP copys becuase they cant afford ESP, Jackson, Gibson etc licenses. I am not into either.

Bought my M300 FM blind online from MusosCorner and loved it ever since replacing the shitty FR bridge.

All my ESP peeps coming out of the woodwork.

>EMGS active pickups suck
Ehh, it's a matter of opinion. I love them clean through a decent solid state. Beautifully hollow and haunting.

Another recommendation for ESP LTD, for the price, its hard to get a better guitar.

I don't really like the stock humbuckers because it has a squeaky sound everytime you pick and I've never figured out how to get rid of it so I figured EMGs would be better.

Floyd's do sick to restring and stuff but I recommend Floyds for if you have multiple guitars that have the strat trem or a hard tail or the dreaded string through. So if you break a string on the Floyd guitar you have a back up or if you want a different tune you plug in a efferent guitar.

I don't think they offer the distressed models anymore, but the new EC 256s coming out of Namm this year look pretty cool.

Great sounding pickups for just some homebrand variety.

Pros:
>look
>cheap
Cons:
>look
>cheap

Ya, sadly I replaced the pickups in mine with some old EMG's I had gutted from another guitar and it actually sounds worse =(

Here's a tip pretty much no one on the internet has figured out. You can actually treat them like a string-thru and feed the string through the bottom of the saddle after raising them as far as they go once the string lock screw has been removed. Once readjusted back down to normal position, there is just enough clearance for the string ball to sit under the saddle and you will never pop another string again. Just reinsert the string lock screw, but don't bother tightening it on the string because there is no need now.

Also another tip I've picked up is stringing backwards, where you feed the string backwards through the tuner so the ball sits down that end on the tuners. Then just trim a little excess and place the fresh cut end into the trem saddle.

Another trick I've seen is the removal of the Insert Blocks entirely. People just stick the whole ball in the saddle and tighten the string lock screws onto the ball itself. Works a treat.

Nigger thats just a regular beast not a warbeast