I love the Grateful Dead. More than any other band ever. Nothing gets me off quite like them...

I love the Grateful Dead. More than any other band ever. Nothing gets me off quite like them. I saw them 23 times and they weren't always great, but there are moments of magic, that transcend anything I could verbalize and then there are shows that smoke from beginning to end.

If you are looking for not for note perfection you're in the wrong place. If you want adventure, fly by the seat of your pants anything goes LSD infused madness with dashes of americana, roots, and jazz, then enjoy the ride.

youtu.be/hYeGiKmwx78

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dRGIcqulWd0
youtu.be/hYeGiKmwx78
archive.org/details/gd71-08-06.aud.bertrando.yerys.129.sbeok.shnf
youtube.com/watch?v=epnbkAXamAI
archive.org/details/gd1968-02-14.sbd.miller.89676.sbeok.flac16/gd68-02-14d1t01.flac
archive.org/details/gd69-04-05.sbd.miller.18701.sbesok.shnf/gd69-04-05d1t01.shn
youtube.com/watch?v=mRQOW_nMSis
youtube.com/watch?v=-Xic-CHInek
youtube.com/watch?v=fqh_ag8tXe4
liveforlivemusic.com/news/oteil-burbridge-talks-taking-owsley-lsd-gorge-dead-company/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

never got into the dead but i alway enjoy them when they're on. more of disco biscuits guy

As far as jambands were concerned. I stopped with Phish. they were unique enough on there own for me to enjoy and see live, but when it comes to the real magic.

youtube.com/watch?v=dRGIcqulWd0

is this you?

Yeah, because a 18 year old could see the Dead 23 times.

idiot. Nice dubs tho. faggot.

>youtu.be/hYeGiKmwx78
Check think it was a aug 8th show from the Hollywood palladium 1971. best show ive heard. found it on archive.org

archive.org/details/gd71-08-06.aud.bertrando.yerys.129.sbeok.shnf

That's a good one. Not a lot of great 71 shows, but it's cool to hear them stripped down to the basics.

I was always a fan of the pigpen years. A little more raw and bluesy

da fuq habben to Sup Forums? Et used 2 be so cule an noa itz webe and moe shet.

Umphreys doe

I can really get into some 68-69 stuff as well. 72 is good. A lot of Pigpen before he died, but the band got tighter without Mickey. Same with 73 and 74. 77 is the slickest dead with Mickey in particular. 82-83 84-85 have some charm in them. the 84 stuff can go way out there.

89-90 is some of the most solid dead around and Brent had finally figured his tone out and then died.

91-94 has a few moments of beauty and magic, but it was rare. (94 Boston Garden) and 95... rare glimpses of dying beauty and then it was gone

ew

stop talking like a faggot. faggot.

youtube.com/watch?v=epnbkAXamAI

10/1/94

The last great Dead show.

Sorry. I'll go kill myself now.

archive.org/details/gd1968-02-14.sbd.miller.89676.sbeok.flac16/gd68-02-14d1t01.flac

Carousel Ballroom on 1968-02-14

archive.org/details/gd69-04-05.sbd.miller.18701.sbesok.shnf/gd69-04-05d1t01.shn
Avalon Ballroom on 1969-04-05

youtube.com/watch?v=mRQOW_nMSis

Grateful Dead 05.09.1977 Buffalo, NY Complete Show SBD

I've always been a fan of Donna Jean, but looking at some comments on Dead shows it seems I'm in the minority.

Yeah. Her caterwauling can get a bit annoying. She did a lot to certain songs. Looks like Rain duets with Bob... are.. well, brings a tear to the eye.

headyversion.com is a cool community that shifts through all of archive.org's collection, definitely give them a look.

What they said. Also true.

I knew someone who worked on the new documentary that was just released. They got to see uncut interview footage.

In one, Donna is asked by the interviewer about that, and her response is something to the effect of, "you try staying on pitch with that much LSD in you"

Yeah, but I always thought she added more of a raw, rough edge that made the Dead's sound so unique. It's hard for me to listen to Music Never Stopped or The Wheel without her.

youtube.com/watch?v=-Xic-CHInek

THE ALLMAN BROTHERS WERE 100 TIMES BETTER THAN THE DEAD

yeah. The ol boys would always dose the newbies.. tools of the trade. Jerry basically admitted he couldn't play high on psychedelics and would stick to DMT in the later years to blow out the tubes.

Oteil Burbridgewho is the bassist of Dead and Co. got dosed with Owsley acid and played the whole show at the gorge(inspired stuff actually). I got some of it. rare release of the goods....

let's just say.. if that stays on the scene... some things are going to change in this country again..

true. she added to some stuff, but you know you can't please everyone

Love ABB, great band. Love the msuhroom vibe of it. Seen them a lot to. They were kindred spirits.

only problem with Almans is it gets to repetitive. Dead would change it up.

My nigga

Ditto

We owe it all to this man.

HEY NOW

and this fella

aiko aiko

I sure am grateful Jerry Garcia is dead.

Okay anons. I killed myself. Happy?

How do you feel about Dead and Company? I'm too young to have seen the dead in their prime. I've seen Dead & CO about 4 times and plan on another show this year in Salt Lake City.

I like The Dead too, but back in the day, I had some friends who would listen to almost nothing else but live cassette tapes.

How many different versions of Sugar Magnolia can you stand to listen to?

I suppose there's an element of "show nostalgia" for people. Listening to the tapes takes them back to the experience of a live show.

I can listen to all of the versions.

Literally every one is different
Take some l and try to have a good time

because you will never be as successful as him? cool.

They are ok. WAY TOOOOOO SLOW. It makes me sleepy, but having Oteil and John were smart additions. Real creative playing by both and Bobby is still holding up pretty good. I miss having Phil around, but Oteil is such a beats, it doesn't matter.

each show is different. each song is different. they never played the same setlist twice. There is always something new to find in a live show, but I hear ya. i went through that phase. I like a ll sorts of music, but The dead hold a special place in my heart and I get off on it.

youtube.com/watch?v=fqh_ag8tXe4

This was the best show I saw of Dead and Co. Oteil was on Owsley L

liveforlivemusic.com/news/oteil-burbridge-talks-taking-owsley-lsd-gorge-dead-company/

This is inspiring