Was it that bad?

Was it that bad?

pacing is fucking shit but otherwise it's ok.

The 100 man Smith fight has not aged well.

Everything in the Matrix was decent to good.

Zion was pretty dumb.

No it had some epic Keanu fight scenes. Those twins were great villains, that freeway chase was kino. I liked the love scene while that techno music played.

It was way better than Revolutions by far and isnt such a bad film as so many make it out to be.

Monica Belluci was good.
Fight scene when he blocks and axe attack with his hand was good.

It would be better if the movie was never made.

First one is a good, but hollow action movie that pretends to have some depth... sequels are trash. Those aren't even good in trashy way like 80's action movies, just pure junk.

This. If Revolutions was an 80 minute Neo, Trinity film with no war machines attacking Zion then it would have rated better.

I love that shot in Matrix Revolutions when Neo is flying the ship with Trinity when they fly real high up in the sky and suddenly everything feels so peaceful as peaceful music plays, then slowly the music begins to tense up as they fly back down and the decayed Matrix world comes back into view.

Very well filmed scene.

It kind of drags until they get to the chateau. From that point onwards, the movie only goes up.

I had to watch that weird Neo-Trinity rave sex scene with my dad :(

>had to
Wait what?

>pretends to have some depth
Dude the Matrix is the most religous philosophical film ever made.

The amount of conspiracy theorists who use the Matrix as their holy bible.

You can literally say that The Matrix changed how we view the world and our reality.

As much as I agree with you, and do consider it a top movie, at the end of the day it was a fluke made by 2 shitty film makers.

They nerfed Neo, brought back Smith as a villain like they were running out of ideas, and relied too much in early 2000s CGI.
Oh, and that rave scene.

it's funny, back in the day it was the most badass film ever, but i haven't seen it in 10 years probably and for some reason have zero desire to

didn't the cohen brothers steal the script from someone? i vaguely remember there being a scandal about it

It had Belucci's beluccinis so it was at least watchable.

Kek

The Matrix sequels are not great films but I feel like they were shat on for being 2deep for general audiences

The worst part for me is how bad the CGI in the action scenes aged, hell the Burly Brawl looked bad in 2003 it looks even worse now

Not that bad as the third R E V O L U T I O N

Also reminder that its literaly LGTB propaganda shit made by traps brothers.

nah it was pretty good. Good action scenes that are still pretty cool today.

watched the first two again recently

tasteless pleb-cuck

Reloaded is a god tier sequel

The Matrix, as its own movie, was a god that transcended all existence and universes for eternity. Pretend there was no follow up trilogy

literally no one cares if you pretend to not like popular movies

I actually like both sequels and view them as one big movie to succeed the original. They're different but I think that the new direction is still pretty interesting. Reloaded + Revelations is like the 'Innocence' to the first movie's 'Ghost in the Shell.'

More stuff with Neo wasn't the original plan but I think it actually turned out pretty well. Most of the coolest ideas outside of the first movie are in The Animatrix but the sequels hold their own fine enough. They're very well directed and the action holds up very well.

>The Matrix changed how we view the world and our reality
Maybe if you've never read a Phillip K. Dick story or seen a Mamoru Oshii flick you gigapleb. All of the wrongness in this thread is painful.

>Mamoru Oshii flick
Dropped here reading you, fag.

Its not about popularity, dip.
It's about yours:
>action scenes that are still pretty cool today
can you be even more pretentious?

no.

the pleb opinion is the original was some sort of mind blowing masterpiece and the sequels sucked.

the truth is the original was just a near flawlessly executed rehash of existing ideas, reloaded was actually more interesting but not as well done, and the third one was a total fucking disaster.

that's it. its that simple.

first you call me a pleb cuck then you call me pretentious

could you try learning what words mean before replying

The first half of the movie is nothing but meandering filler untill the french man. After that it's just mindless action that goes on for half an hour untill the heist and architect scene.
The plot is also just a lazy and uninteresting mcguffin chase for the keymaster, whom they don't even go looking for untill the movie is halfway over.

Learn them by yourself.
All Sup Forums pleb cucks are pretentious shits e.g. Snydercucks.

only compared to the first .

NOOOOOO, the last 10 words of my post were vital reading.