Why did his career never take off?

why did his career never take off?

He made an anti-Semitic joke during an interview and that was it for his career.

link?

BECAUSE HE CAN'T FUCKING ACT

And he looks like a moron

He can't act.

www.google.com

>BECAUSE HE CAN'T FUCKING ACT
>He can't act.
Acting has nothing to do with acting

The Tarzan curse.

What? When?

He was at a party and someone asked him to explain starship troopers since the book is actually well respected and has many heavy layers of depth and someone asked him who the bugs represented and he simply said "Jews".

Because he was Mobile Infantry. Fleet just did the flying.

Well he isn't wrong

it's basically the brendan fraser effect only that brendan had a longer lucky streak for a few years

But he became a general in the end

Maybe his daughter will have a better chance. She's a model right now though.

inevitable army dog reference

He didn't start looking like shit though. Probably still looks good.

>pausa
buildwall

it gave us the cutest jane ever

Wait. So he actually read the book?

I can't find any reference to this issue.

JUST

i just want a career

He's still attractive though

Post yfw there's a Starship Troopers 3.

Straight to dvd too

this is doctored, here's the real picture

>since the book is actually well respected
but its not, with SF it is cringe worthy. Only neckbeards, militants, and lolbertarians like it.
>many layers of depth
lolwut you best be trollin' nigga

But that's true, Paul Verhoeven always does that.

>bugs from space
>humanity
>better turn the humans into nazis and make the movie about how propaganda is bad and nazis killed the jews and made it seem like a good thing cuz nazis are bad and those poor jews and the holocaust and ww2 and the memories nevah forget watch my movies and learn about ww2 okay?

Dammit Paul, I just wanted a scifi movie to enjoy. I already had enough shit on my plate without you trying to guilt me into feeling stuff.

It didn't take off because he isn't a good actor. They deliberately cast 90210-tier actors in it as another layer of the meta subtext parody.

Paul Verhoeven grew up in Nazi occupied Holland
but its not as simple minded as your anti-SJW screed. It is about militarism, jingoism, propaganda.

But if you want to cry "muh book" then in book the Bugs represent a pure communism.

are you trying to imply this is bad?

he JUSTed himself for not looking that good at that age

After Army Dog, it was a miracle he wasn't sentenced to death.

This guy gets it. It's funny that Neil Patrick Harris' career is the only one that took off, because he's the only member of the younger cast whose performance seems at least a tiny bit self aware.

>lolbertarians

It doesn't depict a libertarian society whatsoever. I think you heard that Heinlein is a libertarian once so you assumed that Starship Troopers must be a libertarian book without actually knowing anything about it or the development of Heinlein's politics

that's pretty stupid.

Starship Troopers is one of the few movies I'd call pretentious. it's a dumb action movie from a director desperate to think of himself as above the material, not a genuine work of satire that stems from actually having anything to say. the satire is so broad that it isn't going to challenge anyone. fascism is bad? got it. you just pat yourself on the back for being in on the joke then proceed to enjoy the movie for what it actually does well: dumb action

Saw it. It's about just as bad as 2 but at least it didn't became a thriller about insect impregnating humans.