Sup Forums, i need help

Sup Forums, i need help

how do i securely erase this Kingston 120gb SSD?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=USS4nqgqIJo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

With a power drill and an oven. Angle grinder optional.

Write over all the data with whitenoise. Some programs will do this for you

boot and nuke m8 do like 20 passes

Go the almost president route and use bleach bit

>get or a hammer

Mail it to the FBI. They can erase it for you.

encrypt the volume (will require formatting it securely) or
dd if=/dev/urandom of=/dev/sdb bs=1024 wait a few hours (might take a day or 2)

What do you want to erase so badly?

Don't fucking wipe an ssd you fucking moron. Look up ssd secure delete for your drive. You can find a tutorial on how to securely erase the data.

Just put it in Uncle Rob's litterbox:

youtube.com/watch?v=USS4nqgqIJo

Should do the trick.

If you want nobody to see the shit on it, destroy the fuck out of it.(Open case, pull out computer chip shit and smash with hammer on hard surface such as cement until its powder. Then get rid of it, don't flush or chuck with trash.

If you want to reuse it, there's program to wipe and overwrite the drive. Use these several times, this may take a decent chunk of a day.

So long is it can work, there's a chance they can get shit off it.

Simple - ask Hillary

I'm assuming it's CP that he's trying to hide.

Planning to give this SSD to a sibling, he isnt too trustworthy and there is a lot of tax shit and personal info on it

Op could be a girl

tits or gtfo

Kington do you have the code?

Boreing

Gonna be honest and admit I have no idea what the fuck you mean, but I kept the packaging and everything when I bought this

just write over once with zeros. your sibling isn't some kinda data forensics guy

this guy had the correct idea but use if=/dev/null

that can be done from a linux live cd. make sure you don't use the wrong of= (output file equals) and write over a different hard drive

alternatively there is some cd called darik's boot and nuke (i think) and that will do similar

no no listen to me carefully. Kington, I need that code. Now come on!

DBAN, easy, relatively quick, up to DoD spec

Kington? Is that...you?

DBAN not approved for wiping the flash memory storage of an SSD. pretty sure jury is still out on its efficacy for that application

Ok guys this isn't really too funny. You posted about Kington. Kington where are you?