NBA POLL RESULTS

Some of you may remember me from last week where I was shilling a survey. Well, finally here are the poll results. Sorry it took me this long, I was busier than I thought.

First I'll post the answers to every question and at the end the link with the complete results.

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/forms/d/1bKu7jjXziV7IVTPomNFLCgJuavyiVz6qyvZ_zqizBDo/viewanalytics
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rkEcQjisg-_bXuf0fEMTJxg_y2J8yQW64KvKMScy4-Y/pubhtml
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There’s no such a thing as a Sup Forums team. Or at least it isn’t clear

Most popular to least popular are:
Lakers 12.8% Even with the bad seasons
Celtics 11%. The two teams with more history and success are the most popular
Spurs 7.3% One of the teams with more championships in the century
Cavaliers 6.4% Current champions
Bulls 5.5% Best team from the 90’s
Nuggets, Warriors, 76ers and Raptors 4.6% each
Rockets, Heat, Knicks, Suns and Trail Blazers 3.7% each
Hawks, Mavericks, Pacers and Timberwolves 2.8% each
Wizards 1.8%
Hornets, Clippers, Grizzlies, Pelicans, Magic Kings, Bucks and Jazz 0.9% each
And the teams with no fans are the Nets, the Pistons and the Thunder. Two of those teams changed their home recently. If your city doesn’t have a team [spoiler] Seattle [/spoiler], you should focus on taking away one of those.

The most hated team by far are the Warriors, 2 out of 5 people think like that
The next one is another team from California, the Lakers with 13%. 28.6% of those are Celtics fans.

This was one of the few questions that wasn’t mandatory, because you are not forced to dislike a team (the other one was the one about income, it might be too personal for some). Only two people didn’t answer it, both were Spurs fans.

If you give one point for each person that likes one team and take away one for each person that dislikes a team it would end like this:
Most liked teams are Spurs (7), 76ers (5), Nuggets (5), Suns (4), Raptors (4), Hawks (3), Celtics (3), Timberwolves (3), Knicks (3), Trail Blazers (3), Bulls (2), Mavericks (2), Pacers (2), Hornets (1), Rockets (1), Grizzlies (1), Heat (1), Pelicans (1), Kings (1), Wizards (1)
The most hated teams would be the Warriors (-38), Clippers (-5), Cavaliers (-4), Nets (-2), Thunder (-1) and the Pistons (-1)
The Lakers, Magic, Bucks and Jazz are neutral

When you see the teams that hate each other the most, you can know what the biggest rivalries are at the moment. LAL-BOS would be number one with 10 fans disliking each other; followed by LAL-GS and CLE-GS with six fans each

This one is kind of sad. To the fans and in reality (at least that’s what the last two seasons say) this is a 2-teams league. 89.8% think that either the Cavs or the Warriors will win the League.

From the 10 people that think that another team will win, 6 think that his team will be the champion. Every fan from the Warriors believes that >they will win it all. And only 1/7 fan from the Cavs think that LeGod will not win another one for da land.

People hate success. The 2 favorites to win the league are also 2 of the 3 most hated.

If you see each answer separately it would be a follows:

Believing that they will win 30 games or less
Lakers 6 fans (42.9% of them)
76ers 3 (60% of them)
One fan: Nuggets, Bucks, Suns and Kings.

31-40
Lakers 6 fans (42.9% of them
Nuggets 4 fans (80% of them)
Suns 3 fans (75% of them)
Heat 2 (50% of them)
Wizards 2 (the only two that answered the poll)
One fan: Hornets, Bulls, Pacers, Timberwolves, Magic and 76ers

41-45
Celtics 4 fans (33.3% of them)
Bulls 2 fans: (33.3% of them)
Timberwolves 2 fans (66.7% of them)
Knicks 2 fans (50% of them)
One fan: Hawks, Bulls, Mavericks, Clippers, Lakers, Heat, Pelicans

46-52
Rockets 4 fans (all of them)
Raptors 4 fans (80% of them)
Bulls 3 fans (50% of them)
Trail Blazers 3 fans (75% of them)
Hawks 2 fans (66.7% of them)
Mavericks 2 fans (66.7% of them)
Pacers 2 fans (66.7% of them)
Spurs 2 fans (25% of them)
One fan: Cavaliers, Lakers, Grizzlies, Heat and Jazz

53 or more
Cavaliers 6 fans (85.7% of them)
Spurs 6 fans (75% of them)
Warriors 5 fans (all of them)
One fan: 76ers (this delusion though), Blazers and Raptors

21 would be happy even if their team has a worse season than they expected. 35 think and want the same. 54 want their team to do better than what they think

Fans have very diverse expectations, except that almost no one thinks that his team will go to the final and lose it.

Like in the previous question, here’s a look inside each response.

Not advancing to the playoffs
Lakers 10 fans (71.4% of them)
Nuggets 4 fans (80% of them)
76ers 4 fans (80% of them)
Suns 3 fans (75% of them)
Heat 2 fans (50% of them)

Reach the playoffs
Bulls 4 fans (66.7% of them)
Rockets 2 fans (50% of them)
Lakers 2 fans (14.3% of them)
Timberwolves 2 fans (66.7% of them)

Go to the playoffs and win only one round
Celtics 5 fans (41.7% of them)
Hawks 2 fans (66.7% of them)
Trail Blazers 2 fans (50% of them)

Get to the Conference finals and lose
Celtics 5 fans (41.7% of them)
Spurs 5 fans (62.5%)
Raptors 4 fans (40%)
Pacers 2 fans (66.7% of them)

The two fans that think that they will advance to the finals and lose are from the Cavs and the Spurs

Win the champions hip
Here was one faggot that said that he thinks that the Cavs are going to win, but here he answered that his team (Spurs) is gonna win. Are you stupid or you wanted to ruin my poll?
Cavaliers 6 fans (85.7% of them)
Warriors 5 fans (all of them)
Spurs 2 fans (25% of them)

There are two kinds of people when it comes to the objectives they want to achieve. One is the kind of people that want to be Champion, and the other one is the one that is satisfied with being in the playoffs.

Comparing what they think and what they want, the most demanding fans are the ones from Lakers, Pacers, Clippers, Nuggets, Rockets, Heat, 76ers, Suns, Raptors and Timberwolves.

The fans that would be happy even if their team wouldn’t achieve what they expected are from Knicks and Cavaliers.

The other fans think and want practically the same.

In order, these are the teams that have had their fans longer time (Only taking in count teams with two or more fans). It could also be read as the most loyal fans and the most bandwagonners.

1. Lakers
2. Pacers
3. Mavericks
4. 76ers
5. Celtics
6. Knicks
7. Raptors
8. Spurs
9. Hawks
10. Cavaliers
11. Suns
11. Trail Blazers
13. Nuggets
14. Rockets
14. Heat
14. Timberwolves
14. Wizards
18. Bulls
19. Warriors

More than half of the people don’t even watch half of the games of his team. That could be for various reasons. One could be that basketball fans don’t care as much about his team like others, or that it is hard to watch your team play in weekdays, or that 82 fucking games is a lot.

The fans that watch their teams the most are the following, note that the teams that made the playoffs have an advantage because they played more games, and those games are what people care the most.

1. Hawks
2. Raptors
3. Knicks
3. Trail Blazers
5. Spurs
6. Warriors
7. Cavaliers
8. Pacers
9. Bulls
10. Suns
11. Timberwolves
12. Lakers
13. Heat
14. 76ers
15. Celtics
16. Rockets
17. Nuggets
18. Mavericks
19. Wizards

I fucked up in this one, the ranges where stupid, so the results are irrelevant

LeBron is the/sp/’s king BY A LOT. For every person that thinks that LeBron isn’t the best, there are three people that think that he is.

In comparison the fans that don’t think that LeBron is the best are from the Knicks, Spurs and Heat

In comparison the fans that think that LeBron is the best are from the Lakers, Nuggets, Raptors, Cavs, Hawks and Timberwolves.
14.7% of the people think that a player from his team is the best.

If you are curious about for who the votes of “other” were, they were for Randle, Carmelo, Embiid and Porzingis, every one of them was a fan of their respective team. Other two faggots chose Michael Jordan and Brian Scalabrine.

This is the one I don’t understand. There are no Thunder fans; no one thinks that they will be the champions; only 2 people think that Westbrook is the best, he has never won the awards or the league, and yet he is the favorite for the MVP. Why is that Sup Forums, what’s the logic behind that?

13.8% of the people think that a player from his team will be the MVP. 5 out of 7 Cavs fans believe that LeBron will win the award; they are the ones that are most confident in one of his players than anyone.

The votes for “other” were to: Carmelo (a Knicks fan), one undecided between Curry and LeBron, Blake Griffin, Embiid (a 76ers fan), Randle (a Lakers fan), Michael Jordan and two for Paul George (one of them a Pacers fan)

More than half of NBA fans play basketball. The fans that play the most are:
Trail Blazers 100%
Warriors 80%
Raptors 80%
Lakers 78.6%
Spurs 75%
Suns 75%
Hawks 66.7
Timberwolves 66.7%
Nuggets 60%
76ers 60%
Celtics 58.3%
Cavaliers 57.1%
Bulls 50%
Rockets 50%
Wizards 50%
Mavericks 33.3%
Pacers 33.3%
Heat 25%
Knicks 25%

I thought this one would be more diverse, next time I’ll just ask Canada, U.S. or other.

The most popular teams outside the U.S. are:
Raptors 5 fans (all of them from Canada)
Spurs 4 (50% of their total fans)
Celtics 3 (25%)
Cavaliers 3 (42.9%)
Heat 3 (75%)
Rockets 2 (50%)
Lakers 1 (14.3%)
Suns 2 (50%)
Mavericks 1 (33%)
Nuggets 1 (25%)
Knicks 1 (25%)
Magic 1 (100%)
Trail Blazers 1 (25%)
Wizards 1 (25%)

Here’s a dank map with the most popular teams per country

The favorite teams of Australians were Trail Blazers, Heat, Rockets and Suns, of Malaysians were Mavericks and Rockets, and of Spanish Heat and Celtics.

Another question where I fucked up the ranges. I’m pretty surprised that there are so little underage people here.

Seriously, what the fuck with that person in his late forties/fifties? Get a life dude.

The oldest fans (again, counting only teams with 2 or more fans) are from Hawks, Lakers, Spurs, Cavaliers, 76ers, Pacers and Warriors, in order from oldest to less old. The rest is practically the same.

There are no girls on Sup Forums. Of course that I thought that an overwhelming majority would be male, something like 97%. But just 1 person, that’s just, wow. I don’t even believe “her”. If you wonder who is “she”, “she” is an Asian Celtics fan from Boston, MA.

Fans ordered from richest to poorest.
Wizards
Heat
Trail Blazers
Raptors
Cavaliers
Warriors and Knicks
Nuggets
Mavericks and Timberwolves
Spurs
Lakers
76ers
Celtics
Suns
Bulls
Hawks and Pacers
Rockets

Rockets and Suns are the most popular between Asians

With 3 people, the Lakers are the most popular between Latinos, followed by the Warriors, Spurs and Wizards with 2.

Teams by percentage of white fans:
Cavaliers 100%
Timberwolves 100%
Knicks 100%
Trail Blazers 100%
Celtics 83.3%
Nuggets 80%
76ers 80%
Heat 75%
Spurs 75%
Hawks 66.7%
Bulls 66.7%
Mavericks 66.7%
Pacers 66.7%
Warriors 60%
Raptors 60%
Lakers 50%
Suns 50%
Rockets 25%
Wizards 0%

Sup Forums is very diverse in its political opinions. In a political compass it would look something like pic related. I’m proud of you Sup Forums, purple quadrant is best quadrant.

Most authoritarian fans are the Lakers followed by the Suns
Most centrist fans are the Trail Blazers followed by the Nuggets
Most conservative fans are the Bulls followed by the Spurs
Most liberal fans are the Warriors followed by the Celtics
Most libertarian fans are the Mavericks and the Timberwolves

>Why is that Sup Forums, what’s the logic behind that?
Westbrook is going to be pissed and he doesn't have a superstar teammate to hold him back anymore. His stats are going to be off the charts this year, but he won't be able to lead the Thunder to a good enough record to actually win the MVP.

Not so surprisingly, the states with more teams are also the states with more fans.

The reason to ask you about what city are you from, was to know differences like in Los Angeles and San Francisco

The states where a team is the most dominant among fans are:
IL: 4/4 Bulls fans 100%
MA: 4/4 Celtics fans 100%
PA: 4/4 76ers fans 100%
OR: 3/3 Trail Blazers fans 100%
AZ: 2/2 Suns fans 100%
CO: 2/2 Nuggets fans 100%
MN: 2/2 Timberwolves fans 100%
IN: 2/3 Pacers fans 66.7%
GA: 3/5 Hawks fans 60%
CA: 7/13 Lakers fans 53.8%
The most popular teams in states that don’t have a team are:
Lakers 26.7%
Celtics 13.3%
Cavaliers 13.3%
Hornets, Bulls, Timberwolves, Knicks, 76ers, Spurs and Wizards have one fan each

Most popular teams from tied states
CT: Celtics and Knicks
FL: Clippers, Heat and Knicks
KY: Cavaliers and Timberwolves
LA: Celtics and Pelicans
RI: Celtics and Lakers
TN: Bulls and Grizzlies

Not much to say about Canada. Raptors have 5 fans; Cavs, Celtics and Knicks have one fan each

Here are the complete results
docs.google.com/forms/d/1bKu7jjXziV7IVTPomNFLCgJuavyiVz6qyvZ_zqizBDo/viewanalytics

Here is every individual answer
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rkEcQjisg-_bXuf0fEMTJxg_y2J8yQW64KvKMScy4-Y/pubhtml

Originally there were 111 people. But one of them answered twice, and another one gave a lot of meme answers

I'm planning to do this every year to see how Sup Forums changes through the time

Thanks to everyone that took part in the survey

>implying someone cares
>mfw no one will notice all my job

Interesting results 2bh, glad you compiled this Mexibro. Glad everyone knows Westgod will win MVP

I care, I appreciate you took the time to do this!

Nice job m8. I would tell you this. Try to do it shorter. THis so many posts together are kind of dense to read through.

The post are not intended to read them all in a moment. Thanks for the advice anyways

thanks for posting the results

You're welcome

wtf i hate walls now

>Why is that Sup Forums, what’s the logic behind that?

Curry can't win it three years in a row, and the league doesn't want to give it to Lebron again. This isn't the Ballon d'Or where the best player will win it 4 or 5 years in a row. There's a strong marketing aspect to it, which is why Derrick Rose won it a while back.

fucking kek i love this

I love you so much Mexico. I love the /nba/ community. As a data nerd this was really fun to read through.

If you ever cross the rio grande I'll set you up with a dish washing job

based. can you remind us of this half way through the season and at the end so we can see who was right and wrong?

Great read Mexico, well done. I'm curious, what's your favorite team?

>Thunder with no fans

Good job Mexico, but why do you refer to /nba/ as Sup Forums?

Lets beat this nerd and take his lunch money

Interesting stuff, good job famalam.

Ayy. Good shit. You did God's work user

>only 2 think spurs

fuck off pseudostatistics fag
you have to go back

I can post the link with the results, sure.

I don't have a team. Last year I wanted the Cavs the finals though, because they were the underdogs and I didn't like how the Warrioirs played, if they won that would mean that their play style would've been the future of the basketball, at least that's what I thought, and a victory of the Cavs had more meme and shitposting potential. I didn't dislike the Warriors ... before. Now that they traded Durant I do. That shit isn't fair, I don't know how Silver allowed that, and I wish that Durant gets a carrer ending injury, the kind that affects him for the rest of his life.
My favorite player is Kobe, almost cried in his last game.

I've always referred to /nba/ to the people that post in the general, and not every NBA fan here posts there. Am I wrong?

too bad you have a suck ass sample size, it's an interesting survey.

also, i don't really get this hate for Durant.
He's a professional, looking for better (if noT THE BEST POSSIBLE) conditions to develop his career and reaching his goals. It's like you found the rival cartel had chainsaws for easier beheadings, a wider drug user market and better putas in stock, and you decided to leave your current machete-wielding, 3-block-controlling, burro fucker cartel. everybody is entitled to better career goals, even NBA superstars.

Good work mexibro

>Raptors watch 2nd most games.
Based.

>Warriors are biggest bandwagon team
Not a shocker

Congrats you just posted answers everybody already knew

Because Durant is a fucking coward. The Thunder damn near beat the Warriors, but instead of building on that season he goes crying to the team that beat him. Durant is a bitch.

Cool survey, well presented.

Of course he has the right to change team, and I have the right to hate him for that reason. I think every sports fan think that loyalty is something extremely valuable. I understand that Durant doesn't have to be loyal, he isn't even from Oklahoma, but that doesn't make him less of an asshole, and going to the most stacked team makes him a faggot.

Wouldn't make more sense that Leonard would win? He is in a better team, has been champion, won the MVP of the finals and came second in the vote for MVP last year.

You did a great job. Your brand of autism is appreciated around here

nice job buddy

no brow, no good

oops forgot to link teehee