In 2009 the EU introduced a law which suggested it was illegal to eat "pet" horses after staggering figures revealed...

>In 2009 the EU introduced a law which suggested it was illegal to eat "pet" horses after staggering figures revealed that around two million pet horses are eaten across the EU each year.

Why do Europeans eat their pet horse?

no soul

We don't, anymore.

what's the problem? it tastes good

It's an eastern europe thing. In civilized europe horses are too expensive.

Why would they do that?
Are they early medieval franks, or little girls that they would propose to ban people slaughtering a bigass chunk of mear on 4 legs being useless except for some niche interests.

There isn't (in Russia at least) any taboos regarding horse meat, so why just waste a fuckload of good meat? There aren't any horse farms here so I guess all horse meat is from pet horses or old horses retired from races.

Why would you let all that meat go to waste?

>eating horse

literal savages

>letting 500kg of prime meat spoil for irrational and emotional reasons

Not for human consumption.

t. Homo Ergaster

I could point you to the morgue with that logic.

Nothing wrong with horse meat.

Literally who fucking cares

Nothing wrong with horse meat.

Then why are you happy with eating pork, lamb, beef and venison but draw the line at horse?

I'll tell you why, because you're a bitch who lets herself be controlled by emotions.

Eating human flesh can spread pretty nasty diseases. Otherwise there would be no problems with that.

the finn speaks the truth

There's literally nothing wrong with eating ANY animal, other than your own cultural bias
>it's okay to eat pig
ask a muslim what he thinks about that
>it's okay to eat cow
ask an indian what he thinks about that

I love eating horse and when I go to China someday I'll sure as hell be trying out dog

>raise some chickens in your backyard
>can't eat them because they're "pets"

The French do because they are a broken people.

But somehow eating their eggs is ok

mostly italians and brits do
I've eat only some horse kiełbasa here, was not very good but a bite can fuel you for hours. Noone eats horses here tho

horse meat is alright

not as good as beef or pork but it's definitely better than lamb which is a shit tier meat

people in china don't eat dog because it's a delicacy or a good alternative choice, they eat it because it's cheap but still better than rat meat

There was a huge scandal here when a large supermarket was selling horse meat and pretending it was beef. When people actually found out about it, there was a huge upset and now they (supposedly) don't do it anymore.

The same thing happened here. I believe ikea was involved.

I wonder if pork will be banned by 2020 in Bongistan.

I hope that was only because people were lied to about the meat and not because "awww poor horsie booboos".

There's horse meat on sale here in local supermarkets and nobody makes a fuss about it. It's not always available since horses are not bred as food but really there's nothing wrong with eating horse meat. Nothing.

You don't eat a friend of humanity which has helped us, just like you don't eat your dog

>I hope that was only because people were lied to about the meat and not because "awww poor horsie booboos".

It was that +the meat couldn't be verified to be "toxin free"

what's the big deal about eating a "pet" horse anyway?

As long as it's not sick, or filled with antibiotics, it should be good.

>he never enjoyed a steak of horse meat
>he never ate a steak tartare
Horse meant is so good.

Yeah, eating your own cows, chicken and lambs is fine – yet somehow having a problem with eating your own horses – is retarded

>The ASCPA was founded in 1866 by Henry Bergh, who had visited Russia a few years earlier and was appalled at the cruel treatment of horses he'd witnessed. By the end of the 19th century, animal cruelty laws had been enacted in more than a dozen US states.

>not being an ovo vegetarian

Americans never developed any tradition of horse meat consumption because in frontier times, a horse was your only transportation. You didn't want to eat him.

>I'm a vegetarian
>But I eat X
Top cuck

We used buffalos and oxes to pull our wagons so we could eat them later not horses.

No qualms about eating horses