Mad Max:Fury Road

Probably one of the best films in years that felt like a real movie. I still can't believe how many contrarians refuse to accept cinematic perfection when it is given to them.
This will be one out of a few memorable films people will still be talking about in 20 years.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=gwF8so1yvP0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

everyone has already forgotten about it btw

So says you despite the obvious truth.

Hollywood BTFO!

What's your "unforgettable" film, so that we might have a some example your superiority of film knowledge?

for an action movie?

terminator 2, die hard, aliens

A bunch of literal faggots chasing each other in the desert is cinematic perfection now?

best balls out action film since terminator 2. don't let femtards trying to claim it as some kind of tentpole statement ruin it for you. it's just a great movie with some chicks in it.

>best since t2

nah, that would be dredd

Those are 80's films. Mad Max:Fury Road is just as good as those despite being a 2k movie. Recent action film?

>Mad Max:Fury Road is just as good as those

fucking kek

dredd is the only recent action movie as good as the others, mad max is overrated shit

It was well filmed, yes. Again, if you're to provide derogatory statements about content, without providing an example of competing perfection, you're simply complaining without supplying any evidence that you know of better.

It's me, the user who writes an essay about why the first Mad Max is the best one every other Fury Road thread.

OP you're wrong and your movie is technically competent but stylistically and thematically empty. It's simply the 'Mad Max 2 final chase-sequence^2.'

>best films in years that felt like a real movie
what does this mean?
>people will still be talking about in 20 years
I sincerely think it's more likely that people will be discussing Speed Racer.

Every statement false.
Dredd was an experiment in slow motion hypnotism.
"it's art..." No, it's fucking slow motion, jackass.

Speedracer???

Opinions completely disregarded.

It's imminently rewatchable so yeah people will be talking about it in 20 years. The next generation will love it in the same way all the great 80s action flicks are still loved and known today.

it has like 3 or 4 scenes of slow mo....

Why should I provide an example, just so that you can shit on those movies simply because I don't like your favorite one? It wouldn't get us anywhere. All this is subjective, I don't think Fury Road was filmed well, or has any qualities of any kind. Its just a dumb, loud popcorn movie, for the plebeians. Fun if you're a 12 year old, but then again you shouldn't be posting here if that's the case.

speed racer is objectively garbage

>Opinions completely disregarded
Sure showed me

I'm sick to death of it after three viewings, and most of those 80s action flicks are kind of shit.

Dredd was mediocre as hell and also I've never seen laughing Chris Evans attached to an agreeable sentiment since its inception.

>#freeMilo
Terminator 2 is a fairly middling movie compared to the original Terminator.

Yes, I remember the director ejaculation in his pants talking about how amazing a job he had done with that, and yet how often is Dredd a post on Sup Forums on a monthly basis compared to Mad Max:Fury Road?

This is actually a bit funny, because I ask - what's your example of something that will be as memorable as Mad Max:Fury Road, and I get Speedracer, and Dredd by people who are serious in their claims.

I suppose given enough time people can truly create whatever bubble or reality they'd prefer.

>objectively garbage
well now, by Sup Forums standards this is almost a substantial point.

I'm the Speed Racer guy you knob, not the user you're posting at.

Fury Road and Dredd are both lame.

Saw it again the other day. It holds up so good even on second watching. And there's so many little details. You can tell a lot of love was put into making it

Fury Road is great. One of the best action movies of the last decade.

and the director of mad max was ejaculating over how they used practical effects

mad max is impressive to 20 year olds who have been swimming in a sea of hollywood capeshit since they were 8 years old, so mad max felt like a breath of fresh air. mad max deserves credit for being a better action movie than typical capeshit, but that doesn't mean much

I thinnk people on Sup Forums talk so much more about dredd because it didn´t do too well and they feel the need to remind everybody of it´s existence, while fury road was a success and everybody liked it.
Enjoyed both tough

I forgot Speed Racer existed

Is that a point FOR Fury Road or AGAINST everyone else.

And I didn't. Good talk.

>AGAINST everyone else.

this is pretty much it. mad max is only recognized as a good action movie because of all the garbage cgi filled shit hollywood has been pumping out for like 10+ years. in comparison to those pieces of garbage mad max is like the fucking godfather or something

m.youtube.com/watch?v=gwF8so1yvP0

Almost as good as Ghostbusters

>practical effects

Seeming how rare that is that is pretty impressive.

I agree, Mad Max:Fury Road it reminded me of why I like movies. Lots of action, with characters I actually felt something for. It honestly felt like a movie that was a reminder of the greatest 80's films but with modern vfx, and practical effects combined. Felt like a real action movie with heart.
The fact that so many can't see that is troublesome, because I want more. I want more action movies like this that really feel as if it did all that it could in story, action, and emotion.
Every scene was perfectly timed in every sequence, which again most films within the last 16 years seem rushed, or lazy using shaky cams, or choppy cuts. Often using CGI as a crutch for everything.

MM:FR, didn't take skip anything. Felt solid from beginning to end.

>People will be discussing Speed Racer
This doesn't count if you're the only one talking about Speed Racer at them, Lana/Lilly

I'm not Lana or Lilly. Speed Racer holds up incredibly well. Watch the first 15 minutes, the way that they open right into the action and set the scene at the same time is amazing.

>Speed Racer

People doesn't even know that it exist.

I'd put that more down to the movie being inaccessible to general audiences in the first place than it not having an impact on those who saw it. It's a pretty hard sell. It looks bizarre and the premise sounds childish. Somebody just seeing an ad could easily assume it's some Spy Kids type hyperactive nonsense that exists solely to create headaches.

it was just an action flick, literally no difference between this and generic action movie #1312394132

really don't get the praise for mad max

>generic action movie

Completely disagree.

>really don't get the praise for mad max

Well you probably don't perceive much if you hadn't noticed what was there. A ruler keeping thousands starved, while enslaving generations of young men into a cult religion in which the ruler is treated as a deity, and enslaving women as his personal breeders, while they try to escape enslavement in the harsh desert being chased by brutal sociopaths trying to kill them.

What was there? Nothing, right? Fucking cynicism. Piss off everything as nothing, and wonder why you can't spot anything of meaning.

Not the other guy, all you did was describe the premise, that doesn't make a movie. Other user is wrong too but Fury Road doesn't have much going on. It's a giant automobile battle for the sake of toppling a tyrant in a desert wasteland. The automobile battle is very well executed but there is virtually nothing else of interest in the entire rest of the movie.

The cult of the warboys amounts to just wacky goons with a sentence worth of lore behind them. All we know of Not-Toecutter's reign is that he keeps the best for himself because he's the strongest and gives everyone else just enough to survive. These aren't nothing, but they aren't much either. Aside from action Fury Road has very little going on. There isn't 'literally no difference' like the other user says, but the difference is in the execution of the shallow action. It's well done but it is still shallow action.

Fuck off sjw

Best thing to come out of this movie is:

WITNESS ME maymay

And even that didn't last very long.

Not a SJW. Are you always this bad at reading character?
And thanks for the bump.

The movie looked good visually. Everything else about it was shit.

Not that user, but I'm convinced people will still be watching Dredd in 30 years.

>Everything else about it was shit.

Like my opinion of your opinion. Shit.

Fuck off SJW

Wrong again, and again thanks for the bump.

For a film people praise to be goat, great etc. it has train wreck -tier writing pandering to current social justice shit and terrible lead actors in Hardy and Theron. The pacing's shit.

Really neat designs, well filmed action, good evil antagonists and that's about it.

Dredd was terrible. I can't think of a single redeeming quality in it. While Fury Road isn't the greatest action film to be made in 21st century it certainly is infinitely better than that crap.

Is there any other action movie from this century that 99% of people can agree on being an instant classic?

>train wreck-tier writing pandering to current social justice shit

hey man when you turn 18 let me know

Because awful lip service writing like MEN RUINED THE WORLD belongs to 'goat film'?

Come back when you've seen more than imdbcore

One, Furiosa needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a robotic arm. Two, whenever Furiosa's not on screen, all the other characters should be asking "Where's Furiosa"?

The writing was shallow and abysmal current affairs referential. There's the now-standard catnip for feminists
>Girls kick ass!
and environmentalists
>They've poisoned the water!) - which adds "substance," like.

Then for the connoisseur, the cineaste with his child's joy at catching reference to the classics - how easy it is to please simpletons.

Pointless nods to
>Metropolis
>The Searchers,
>Clockwork Orange-type gobbledygook for dialogues.

But what the movie's really interested in is stuffing as much INCOHERENT CRASHING EXPLODING SHIT as possible into two hours. And in this it succeeds. Triumphantly. I sure got my fill of INCOHERENT CRASHING EXPLODING SHIT and then some.

Even the discerning film critics, so-called, said it's one for the ages. Then I was told it was the "thinking man's action film" (red flag) by people whose opinions I don't much value. So I deserved what I got: a bunch of INCOHERENT CRASHING EXPLODING SHIT with plot lifted from the old taking-the-wagon-of-women (who nowadays invariably kick ass)-across-hostile-terrain westerns, with pawnshop dystopian-future as garnish. Pretty dismal stuff.

Hated how apathetic Theron was. Such a soulless performance.