So i was taking a walk the other day

So i was taking a walk the other day...

ANOTHA WOOOOORLD PREMIERE

Lol what was up with that the guy kept popping up like 5-6 times

>sippin bubbly, feeling lovely, living lovely

KUNG!
FU!
KENNY!

(Maybe this guy should have been shot instead of Kenny)

VIEWS LAMAR STATED HIS VIEWS LAMAR STATED HIS VIEWS

The instrumentation on the opening track is so beautiful.

it's his hype man whitey

Misusing your influence

>dad wanted to give him a better life
>moved out of Chicago and into Compton
???

did he know living in Compton would make his son into a talented rapper?

in the case of chicago's south side, this is probably 100% true. although here the music is less about music and more about gang allegiance

Kendrick said this in a 2015 Rolling Stone interview
>They were going to go to San Bernardino. But my Auntie Tina was in Compton. She got ‘em a hotel until they got on their feet, and my mom got a job at McDonald’s. Eventually, they saved enough money to get their first apartment, and that’s when they had me.

There was also the fact that Compton was originally a middle class town. As Dr. Dre said on the intro to the album Compton
>Compton was the American dream. Sunny California with a palm tree in the front yard, the camper, the boat. Temptingly close to the Los Angeles ghetto in the 50’s and 60’s, it became “The Black American Dream.” Open housing paved the way as middle-class blacks flooded into the city… But the dream that many blacks thought they were buying has turned sour… The problems of crime and growing welfare is slowing turning suburban Compton into an extension of the black inner city. Crime is now as high as the ghetto. Juvenile gang activity, muggings, small robberies make some blacks want to leave

yes

this isn't a political discussion board

>be poor
>move into poor area with better living conditions
>surprised when everyone else moving there is poor
>surprised when everyone else damages living conditions

really makes you think

it is when the political discussion is referring to a spoken word sample on the album referenced in the thread, you flaming retard

I don't think it was a poor area in the first place. Blacks moved in, white flight occured, property values dropped, poor blacks can now afford living there. Next thing you know the entire city becomes an extension of the ghetto.

Not to mention that black flight, middle-class black people fleeing to the suburbs, occurred as well. Kendrick was born in 1987, so his parents must've moved in before Compton got the reputation it has today

i suppose white flight is racism, right? why couldn't the blacks moving in maintain the community left in place by the whites?

>white flight is racism
No, not really. It is prejudice but I wouldn't call the people who moved out racists. They fled due to ignorance, they were afraid.
>why couldn't the blacks moving in maintain the community
Once the property values go down, it allows for more 'undesirable' people to move in because they can afford it now. This causes businesses, a large part of the towns economy, to leave and/or collapse. It's really just a big snowball effect that destroyed a city.

This. If only those dumb whities could be educated on why it's a good thing to live in a crime ridden neighbourhood. Ugh, so ignorant.

Except it wasn't crime ridden when they left, white flight is based on prejudice. The crime grew once middle class people, both white and black, fled the city.

I didn't like this album as much as his last one.

>crime ridden
That's backwards though. The black people moving in weren't necessarily criminals. They were just middle class black folk that wanted to live a middle class life like the rest of the people there. The people who already lived there didn't want to share their community with black people though. Like another user in this thread said, those middle class black people left as well for somewhat similar reasons. They saw that the neighborhood was going to go to shit when everyone started moving, so they got out too.

I wish 'ignorant' wasn't misused by black people for so long, now everyone gets offended when someone says it.

neck yourself

Kendrick stepped outside...

Oy vey, top notch hairdo, homie!

KUNG FU KENNY

I NEED SOME WATER

(sounds just like an outcast song, down to the reversed snare)

WHAT HAPPENS ON EARTH STAYS ON EARTH

it felt, good... to be an anti-social extrovert

KUNG FU KENNY FOUND THE MOTHAFUCKIN GLOW

yeah, a lot of this album reminds me of OutKast and in particular of the Love Below.

As we stand on our neighborhood corner, know that this fire that's burning represents the passion you have.

He looks like such a nigger

>that guy
>not knowing Kid Capri
>One of the most famous DJs of all time
>the state of hip-hop discussion on this shithole board