In a mere 8 days Hideaki Anno will deliver unto us the Godzilla that the 21st century deserves

In a mere 8 days Hideaki Anno will deliver unto us the Godzilla that the 21st century deserves.

youtube.com/watch?v=M89VLZgo1Vg

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lCfYrxx_hBE
youtube.com/watch?v=px7FFMOTtyM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hype

this design is so bad

Godzilla looks retarded desu famalamborgini

and they showa roar from the latest trailer doesn't fit at all.

Jesus that looks awful.

Not in the comfy b-movie days but in a "we must preserve the legacy of fucking terrible movies by taking it super seriously" kind of way.

Go watch your capeshit if you want muh fun.

That kooky eye.
It looks so ridiculous. Should have stuck with a solid black beady eye with a glossy reflection on it.

A Godzilla with parrot eyes looks too wacky.

>Movie made in 1954 has a Godzilla more emotive and mobile than a movie made in 2016

English subs when?

Its obviously put in to cover his roar, this happened last time too.

Anyways I like the design, at least as far as the head is concerned. The lack of tongue is unsettling.

>Edgezilla

L

With 4.0

I can't tell if that's dumb or awesome.

GAMESKREEEEEEEEEEEONK

Whenever it goes international

I like everything about the new movie except for one little detail:
WHY DON'T HIS FUCKING ARMS MOVE?????

I think this might be able to ruin the whole movie for me.

supposedly his arms never move and his tail does most of the destruction

fuck. I won't be enjoying the movie if this is true, those arms are such an immersion breaker to me.

Those bits with the tanks, mobile artillery and choppers reminds me so much of the first episode of Evangelion.

I WONDER WHY?

Actually somewhat like the design and how he looks more like a project of some sort of dinosaur heavily affected by radiation then some sort of kaiju that looked like it was made in some lab to look purposely bad as a (well I'm the millennial godzillas) I just hate how he's THICC

>more mobile
>can't raise arms above chin
>needs to be slowed down to make it look engaging
Fuck off

oh no it looks retarded : (

don't take my opinion though its been years since I've watched any Godzilla movie and I've only seen like 9 out of all 27 movies so truly my opinion doesn't matter out of the 9 I Gojira isn't even on the list and I don't even know the names for each Godzilla generation ex. Shin-Gojira

Will Anno finally kill himself when this failure exposes him for the fraud he is?

This looks unbelievably bad.

This looks retarded as hell. Japs should not be allowed to make live-action movies by law.

>can't raise arms above chin
Moving them at all is a step up from shin goji

It's a risk

Why does it look like shit compared to the bearzilla one?

>googly eye

This is what Anno has been expecting to make all his life.

Looks pretty cool, desu famalamadingdong.

This isn't Ultraman.

I like the arms not moving because it helps divorce Godzilla from the way we expect living things to behave

European release when?

>no NA release
fucking why, do they hate money, at least do a limited run in art house or something

Jap reviews are praising it as true Kaijukino. Only upcoming suicide should be yours buddy.

it's coming out in over 100 territories including NA

Even fucking Afghanistan is getting it and I'm not joking

they already said it's coming out in 67 countries

ANNOOOO

They've announced that they now have a US and European distributor of sorts, but no idea if they're theatre runs or home video

this poster

Actually very creepy. I like his reddish glow and how his arms don't move, but you see his huge tail move, it's like something from a japanese horror movie or something. 2 spooky

I love the design, and I love everything we've seen so far.
I really hope that the west gets a subbed version shortly. I don't think I can bear any more waiting for this.

>Evangelion Rebuild 4.44 was delayed for this shit.

Not that I watched the first 3 ayy lmao

What is the point of your post then.

Just listen to the soundtracks m8, you're not missing anything by not watching them

Did they ever redo Komm Susser Todd?

finally a return to form for Mr. Anno

youtube.com/watch?v=lCfYrxx_hBE
closest we got

what's the deal with the weird tracking shot towards the end? Looks cool and all, but why.

>It's an Anno fucks up an iconic song episode

I think the only alternate version of 'Komm, Susser Tod' is the jazz/RnB style mix that the people who did 'THANATOS/If I Can't be Yours' from the credits

One of the soundtrack collections has a song that wasn't used in EoE but was one of the options for the instrumentality scene along eith Komm Susser Tod. Performed by the same artist, and also based on Jap lyrics written by Anno
youtube.com/watch?v=px7FFMOTtyM

>Implying Eva is better than any Godzilla film.

Shame. I wish all of Rebuild was delayed 10 years because of this

>Implying Acyka vs. MPEs isn't meisterkino

Pleb taste

EVA fags HATE that Anno's real passion is tokusatsu, if you even dare bring up the references to Ultraman actually IN EVA they sperg the fuck out because they think that stuff is so far beneath the grand masterpiece that is EVA.

Who else is looking forward to the JSDF getting fucked up?

See this is what kino really means and it's a true pleb filter, check out the fucking mouth breathers shitting themselves itt. Faggots.

>first actual godzilla movie in over a decade
>it's annotrash

This is going to be Eva as fuck.

When the mudslimes take over

Everything except Godzilla looks great.

>actual Godzilla movie
The 2014 movie was good fuck you

Not Japanese and not Toho

Still a Godzilla movie

In name only :)

Also in substance

>Anno fucking up another franchise
wew lad

>stop he's already dead

is this real?

>fucking up
>implying this doesn't look like one of the best kajiu movies in years

More like saved. Godzilla needs a nutjob like him if the franchise wants to really make it in the 21st century.

GOJOOJOO

Why does Godzilla constantly have that "I'm so fucked up" look?

Don't bother with yuroshit contrarian weeb faggots.

he's literally fucked up and passes smaller Godzilla out of his tail like the world's worst kidney stone

look up 'atomic burns'

These dumb shows would be so much better if they ended up with the buildings/onlookers drenched in the monsters' blood every week.

Yeah but that wouldn't be family friendly.

thank you edgy teenager for your irrelevant opinion

Looks and feels exactly like an angel attack, and Godzilla even has an Eva-like face.

The Godzilla suit is so-so, but the movie looks pretty good.

You can see the same establishing shots for when the JSDF attack angels, the tanks at the dam etc etc

Godzilla design looks fucking terrible, even worse than that new american one.

>even worse than that new american one
That's funny because both this design and the 2014 design looks fantastic.

are you guys memeing? this looks like shit.

Nigga you have no idea how hyp I am.

Go watch your capeshit honey.

Stop fucking spamming these stupid threads

see you tomorrow

I think it's "bad" in a good way. A mutated lizard isn't supposed to be pretty.

ONIGIRI SUCKING LIPS

When did japs stop teaching physics in school? A creature that size could never move its head as fast as it does in the last shot. Totally ruined the whole thing. It looks like a move a sock puppet could pull.

I think this suffers from a problem a lot of Japanese stuff has, where they attempt to make something so strange or ridiculous that it comes back around again to being cool or even plausible.

It's like, playing it safe with something straightforward is too boring, so they gamble. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Anno always seems to be reaching for that sweetspot. It's certainly worked for him in the past, although I'm not so sure about many of the decisions made in Rebuild.

THIS IS JUST RELAUNCHING THE FRANCHISE

THE NEXT MOVIE IS WHERE THE MEAT IS

I've seen every single Godzilla movie and I'm psyched as fuck about this movie.
I love how this and the 2014 film have done a really good job of portraying Godzilla's shear size. He looks massive and menacing as fuck.
Honestly, Godzilla shouldn't even need to move his arms that much. He can walk through everything. I think the lack of movement just makes him seem scarier and more invincible. This isn't a battle to him. It's a walk in the park.

>Stop liking things I don't like!
>proceeds to make 150th Stranger Things circlejerk thread
K

Welp. I've got a new wallpaper