Ask a kid that just got accepted into the computer science program at WPI with a $62,000 scholarship anything

Ask a kid that just got accepted into the computer science program at WPI with a $62,000 scholarship anything.

Other urls found in this thread:

collegechoice.net/rankings/best-computer-science-degree/
reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

why are u still here?

What do you mean by "kid"? How old are you?

Will you fix my computer?

didn't mean anything special by kid, im a senior in hs

because nobody gives a fuck about me outside of my immediate family so i brag on the Sup Forums instead of in person.

Have you ever been to Worcester?

what did you do to it

yes many times. The city in general is supposed to be kind of an ass place to live but im a neet anyway

What stuff do you do as a computer science engineering student? Can you talk in C# and Assembly?

Some kid who went to that school tried to impress his friends by making it appear that he was drinking liquid nitrogen. The dickhead ended up taking a big drink of it and he really fucked himself up.

Basically you learn to program mostly. I will most likely learn both of those. I currently know Java and have worked with HTML and CSS

Wooster you say?

arent there any computer science chicks?

Sounds like someone couldn't get into Clark.

How much is your scholarship?

....yes that is how you pronounce it

Okay. What kind of experience do you have with those languages yet? Have you coded some major programs with Java, have you set up a high quality website with HTML/CSS?
Alternatively, post a mega link with all the references you have

no. and im a (straight) virgin so basically i have no hope.

You can get some ass over at Becker. A lot of cheap clinge over there.

I have made programs with ~1000~ lines. I took Intro to CS, AP CS A and am now taking AP CS Principals.
Some of the HTML/ CSS sites I made were kind of nifty but nothing that crazy.

>MEGA LINK
kek

Do you know how to use Microsoft Excel?

Sounds like a good idea but how do i go about doing that tho? like just go to the campus?? you have to walk me through this im not a normie.

no i hate spreadsheets.

Wow, you're special

big fucking deal. Worcester is a shitty city, WPI has the worst grade inflation out of all it's competitors so good grades don't mean shit to employers, and it's quarter system is straight retarded.

What non ivy non mit schools do u recommend

Rensselaer is good.

THERE ARE NO GIRLS AT THAT SCHOOL
went to a frat party there once its about 70% male dude why would you do that to yourself.

collegechoice.net/rankings/best-computer-science-degree/

not even top 50

If you're bragging about this now and expect any level of expertise just due to acceptance, then you are in for a long haul. Kids with an ego as big as you have right now get the shit beat of them and drop out.

You're nothing and you mean nothing, you're still in high school. Go to college knowing that everybody else is on your same level, you are not better than anybody else. Bragging about your past accomplishments will just make you look like an ass. Know that you don't mean anything, and earn every bit of knowledge and skill set that you can. But what you have accomplished so far shouldn't be congratulated any farther than the acceptance letter you already got.

i applied there it is easier to get into. im not sure if its as high regarded tho. idk ill think about it. umass amherst has a good cs program and a big/nice ass campus

/triggered/

What the fuck is computer science even supposed to teach you? It sounds so broad and vague.

What is your favourite computer? :)

RPI is much higher regarded. I recruit for a well-known software development company, and RPI is known to be significantly harder than WPI. I'd pick a hard working kid with a 2.8 from RPI before a 4.0 from WPI any day of the week

The boiling point of motherboards and how to neutralise the PH value of viruses.

basically when you graduate you work writing programs on the computer. Java, C, C++, C#, Python, Ruby, SQL etc. Usually working for tech companies but I know someone that is going to do programming for a major bank.

PCMR

If computer scientists are so smart, how come you never hear the talking about getting A's or B's? Only C+'s?

>Java
>Python
>Ruby
Oh, so shit tier normie shit. Gotcha.

I know what PC means (Personal Computer) but what does MR mean?

>nothing personnel... kid

where are you coming from, IE mass or elsewhere

they are really about the same especially if were talking about acceptance rates.
RPI: Average Sat: 1436, GPA: 4.46
WPI: Average Sat: 1443, GPA: 4.48
*source: my naviance

Do you knot home to hackles a phone to turned off the auto correction?

Do CS+Math double if you want to go into theoretical comp sci, crypto, government, high-pay financial, etc. Do straight CS if you want to be a mediocre IT person or webapp developer.

If you're reasonably good at math (i.e. you were on the math team in HS) you should ace all your CS classes and have not much problem with the WPI math program I think (though there are always exceptions with certain profs -- but usually the harder the class, the more you learn -- my Real Analysis class was too easy -- I aced it and I didn't learn shit.)

If you want to do anything, get into undergrad research early early early. Volunteer if the PI you want to work for is like "I only hire kids on Work Study" or "I don't hire freshmen". The best part of working as a volunteer is that they can't flip their shit and you don't have to stress if you can't make your hours work out those first two years.

Also, is it 62k per year, or 62k over 4 years?

your leaving out a few i mentioned. what is GOD TIER then??

I don't use Internet Explorer, it's too slow.

C,C++, ASM

reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/

This thread is posted every day until somebody posts the resource comparing op's school to the other ones and then everybody ridicules him and the thread ends

This isnt op. Get the fuck out plz

Are you prepared to regret your decision of majoring in CS once you graduate? I was a CSE major, so were a bunch of my friends, and pretty much everyone regrets not picking a more applied major.

WEW LAD

Boston reporting. Worcester is a horrible place. Good luck with that.

I MENTIONED 2/3 OF THOSE YOU FUCKING CUNT

I'm not talking about acceptance rates because they don't mean shit. Acceptance is easy. Graduating WPI is easy. Graduating more difficult schools isn't easy and will be much more likely to get good job placement.

What if you were "homeschooled" and your math is 5th grade level, but computers are the only thing that interests you that you could make a living off of?

bullshit.. I have a computer science degree.. what we did was 50% math 40% accounting and 10% programming.. thank god I worked at home on my own projects because they teach you almost nothing.

some ppl aren't cut out for it don't feel bad its not a big deal theres other things to do in life

It's a waste of time then. Why would I waste time learning cucky web dev stuff like Python when I could devote all my time to *real* programming?

I've heard this too. Indian and Chinese competition is killing these degrees.

OP, if you're really smart major in business. You will not regret it.

Money is what rules this world, not programming which can be imported for $1/hr from shit tier countries.

im a neet dont worry

of course there are!.. I know at least 3.. go to instagram and follow @thecodeness .. she knows her shit

shut the fuck up.

Why are you getting so upset you fucking nerd?

Isn't Python more profitable generally?

5th grade level is maybe a bit extreme but supprisingly there isn't a fuck load of hard math (at leat in my xp so far)

>CS
>graduating WPI
>easy
are you speaking from expirence?? i doubt it will be insanely hard but probably not 'easy'.
fuck off my thread

>buisness
get the fuck out of my thread.

Well, if your 1st yr calc class comes to you naturally and smooth like butter and you find yourself kicking everybody's ass on the exam mid-semester, you probably have enough latent talent to pursue CS+Math if you overload your courses each semester (I did that plus varsity sports all 4 years just fine) -- otherwise see if you can dabble in some engineering labs frosh year. We had a group at my college doing self-driving cars, for example, so you get experience around both nitty-gritty comp-sci as well as hands-on mechanics and engineering to help see what you enjoy doing and what you're capable of.

I'm a theoretical physicist, but based on said nitty-gritty my other plan (and side job) was to be an auto mechanic -- a 2-year class+apprenticeship community college certification program that pays more than most jobs our of college if you pass jr. tech and the owner isn't a robber baron.

part of me wants to maybe do CS + a language (Spanish)

Have fun making peanuts alongside an influx of Indians while business majors rake in the dough telling you what you're going to be programming.

Pajeet can eat my skeet

Unless you want to be a translator, literary analyst, government analyst, linguist, or social scientist, a college language major is useless. After the first year you are basically expected to learn the rest of the language on your own time and through conversation and movies and books wherever you can get it. Then the rest of the major is a literary analysis program of major writings over the past 2 centuries or more, with you having to write long rhetorical critiques in response.

If you want to get a leg-up in learning the language you take the first year of classes and then do the movies and reading on your own -- that's it. No major.

Like it or not, Pajeet will be lowering the value of your labor by a significant margin.

Thanks! when i look into it more ill consider it. It's not so much that i want to learn it for my career, just to know

i'll be lowering the value of his ass after i fuck him

Don't be afraid to ask a random prof in that department! Just knock on an open door, especially during orientation week / the week before the semester starts.

fagit qwier gaibuoy

i wonder if i can get a coop in a spanish speaking country...

Holy cross fag here, hockey, everything's paid for

Worcester blows and WPI does as well. You'll have to look locally at jobs, nobody's gonna respect it

source? also i said i got accepted. im still waiting to hear back from other schools to make a decision.
what are you studying and is your gpa trash cause u play hockey or no? also (unrelated) this is the first year since 2nd grade im not playing hocky

Source: I live here u fag. Not much to do. I agree with the Becker sluts. Trawl around on tinder and shit and you'll bang some fresh meat there yearly, one of their campuses is dry and crawling with lonely bored chicks, pic related

3.6 gpa, junior w/ psych/bio. Sports here aren't so good that the whole team gets to be retarded

Kid, it all goes downhill from here.

i wasnt asking for a source on how shitty worcester is a city, i know that. I want to know why i will have to look locally for work and why nobody will respect me.
are you a gril?

y (i hope not :( ....)

Plebs. Lua is the best language.

eh at least youre going to college i guess.

ayy lmao

Good job going to a retard schoo m8

Bad train of thought. You shouldn't go to college for no reason. Only go if you have something you want to learn.