Alright Sup Forums, storytime

Alright Sup Forums, storytime.

>be me
>be working at grocery store
>surprise, it's shit.
>one day all the employees decide they're fed up with this place and quit
>per usual I'm a little late to the party.
>hand in my resignation
>boss looks at me
>plsdontdothis.jpg
>I say I need a fresh environment
>Boss asks if I'm unhappy with my pay, and if a raise will solve anything
>I freeze, not sure what I want
>i lie about an outside offer too high for this kind of job
>not only do i lie about it I tell him to top that or I go

So there I am thinking he will try to meet me midway, I still kinda wanna go out and try something new.

>a day passes
>phone rings
>it's boss
>"hey there user, could you please come in early today. we've got to talk"

I don't know what to expect.

>I come in
>yet another coworker gone
>go into boss' office
>he fucking tops the other "bid"
>$$

So my dilemma, dislike the job, all my friends have quit, have to do the same old same old.
I get shit tonnes of money, don't know what the other place would pay, probably something similar, I get a full time job at this place now (used to be part time) and could probably pay the apartment sooner.

I'm still gonna have to say I work at a grocery store... Worth it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8Obcn6wjcYE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fuck it your friends won't pay your bills and buy you shit a job is a job and slutsblove shiney shit

Who the fuck needs to know where you work anyway

this guy right here
fuck bitches get moneys op

jobs a job. more money. save lots and then find a job you like might as well. plus youll be respected for staking your worth

friends are none of your concern when it comes to a job
if it pays good then stich with it and put some money away and after a year or so quit AFTER you already have an other job lined up

keep it, all jobs sucks at the end. Also co-workers are not friends

Leave this job on that salary nobody will interview you. Boss has knowingly/unknowingly made you irrelevant at your current tier, although you could potential sell it on additional responsibilities not listed in your role profile...

The whole act smacks of desperation though, poor guy doesn't want the place to tank.

HR advice is take it for as long as you can, spin a story about why you were offered more money for a better job at the next place

If you don't have a STEM degree or any real skills/connections you should take the job. What kinda money you talking about here like 12/hr?

Hmm? You want me to leave after working on my new pay for a while?

How old are you and what kind of money are we talking?

12 what? USD?

Use this as an opportunity to get a management position.

I'd assume we're all american, none of the rest of the world has intranet

How should I go by that

Hex

Let's assume I'm western. USD 17 daytime 22 afterhours

Learn what management does.

Aren't they already giving u more work to do like associate manager or something with the pay raise? How much they pay u?

great advice thanks

Nothing. Just paying me to sit my ass down and not leave the company in chaos

Better take the money. They drug test? You could get hella heroin on that salary

You're never gonna find a job that you like OP. If work was fun it wouldnt be called work. Plus now that there's a lot of positions available there some new cute grill could arrive on the scene. Stick at it and enjoy the pay

I enema that shit so I don't get tracks. Heroin is the best

this

what are you making now op?

Bitch you make 3 more than I do in a restaurant. You better save some of that scab money.

17 at day and 22 after 4 & weekends

Restaurants in the us are shitholes designed to screw over workers.

17/hr to do not shit is pretty great. i'd take it OP. Nobody gives a fuck about where you work just as long as you have a job and can pay for some shit.

wtf are you on about, you sound like a fucking mongoloid. all he has to say is that the company hit some hard times with bad turnover, and he stuck it out with his employer, and his employer rewarded him for being loyal and hardworking. HR advice? please. fucking retard.

>cute grill at grocery job
makes me think of this everytim
youtube.com/watch?v=8Obcn6wjcYE

i used to work at food lion and gaint. it sucked. i heard nicer stores like harris teeter and whole foods pay better. cosco is pretty good to. i left grocery stores and am no and exterminator. you can make 15-18 an hour starting off...though goddamn i need a real job. Any advice?

My advice, fake it till u make it.
Find a spotless resume canvas and fill it in to personalise. Be friendly but not suckup-y.

worth going back to school or is college a joke?

> the company hit some hard times with bad turnover, and he stuck it out with his employer, and his employer rewarded him for being loyal and hardworking.

How is this not exactly what I suggested?
Fucking tit

College is worth, atleast for me. Just try to figure out where you're headed as soon as you can, if you don't then you're just wasting time and money. Also if you have a path towards a goal u will most likely attract a successful life partner hahey, the good ones want to stick with u if u know what you want and how u gonna get it.

sage advice. thank you user

Trips confirmed

As soon as the store gets back on its feet and hires replacements, you are going to get fired. Not going to keep the bagger who gets paid $20/hr

I'm amazed at how little people earn.