NO

who /stevebros/ here?

>nerd chad
spare me

STEVE STEVE STEVE STEVE STEVE STEVE STEVE STEVE STEVE STEVE STEVE STEVE
I actually was with him since 1st episode not gonna lie

/r/ourguy

Based Toothless!

Mike's parents really resembled my own, his dad was really chill and laid-back while his mom was so overwrought and hysterical.

I guess there's some truth in "Opposites attract each other"

He explains it in the show.

Also his teeth aren't fucked up irl.

Just missing his two front baby teeth that was literally it. I found it endearing because I had a friend growing up with the same problem lel.

Is he the worst actor in this shit? Always complaning fucking asshole. He should be the one gone missing

I mean him

Literally our guy

>Mike's parents really resembled my own, his dad was really chill and laid-back while his mom was so overwrought and hysterical.

no, dummy. the mom was emotional in situations that warranted emotional reactions. it was a gag that the dad is no help whatsoever. he does jack shit the whole series

>science teacher
race mixer

>mike's dad
possibly retarded

It is called strong independent woman you fucking fuck.

He's clearly the worst of the kids not even Sup Forums, he was a real shit to El

Yes
And it is not becausr he's black

he got rekt by some loser though

>that shot in the gym where he's rubbing El's shoulder for an uncomfortably long time

back off kid

we need smug pepes of them all.

How old is the actress playing nancy? Just to know if is it ok to fap

Black childhood friends in 1980s rural Indiana was so typical. If the filmmakers weren't so bigoted, half the cast would have been black.

Well i mean he got Nancy which is a total Qt and did you not fucking see him wreck an interdimensional being with a baseball bat, like he did spins and shit.

Johnafag vs Steve needs a rematch

Dont know dont care

The whole thing is so shit. ET storyline with no alen but a human and the typical HURR DURR A MONSTER ESCAPES FROM THE SECRET FACILITY into a small town

prediction: season 3 will take place in the present day (because time travel)

nancy was a fucking nerd

we're just meant to assume steve was banging hot popular girls before that but it's not confirmed

congrats, you completely missed the point of the entire show

I lost interest by episode 2 desu

Who cares if she is a nerd, she was a cute and come on you cant just cross out information explicitly given to you in the show

>points
I bet you thought batman vs superman was a good movie. bad writing is bad writing, it doesn't matter what the writers are trying to convey

my only criticisms of the show were his character and Winona Ryder. her performance worked in moments, but often i found myself getting frustrated watching her and just wanted her to fuck off. ditto the black friend, they should've used the first couple episodes to let him be a fully likable, supportive, not-ridiculously-combative-and-annoying friend before using him as the conflict-instigator within the group. when he got chucked through the air i had the biggest fucking grin on my face. not a great sign for a character we're supposed to like & root for.

it was a pastiche of 80s films, it was supposed to be cliche

It was a pastiche of Stephen King novels.

El was just a smarter Duddits
>Mr. Demogorgun, go away

i see sadness in El's eyes.

I'm halfway through it and am borderline baffled by the amount of praise it's getting. I guess superficial nostalgia really is all people need.

Im sorry but the only bad writing is this
>The whole thing is so shit. ET storyline with no alen but a human and the typical HURR DURR A MONSTER ESCAPES FROM THE SECRET FACILITY into a small town
Not because you cant hate the show but because your reasons are very dumb

it was a pastiche of a lot of things...

Best girl.

That's because Mike isn't there. WHY WASN'T HE AT THE PREMIERE?!

80% Stephen King.
It's IT meets Dreamcatcher, with Sheriff Bannerman from Castle Rock and "The Factory" from various short stories.

Too busy fucking bitches.

I've only watched 3 episodes but I'm not digging it so far. it's an opinion but the sheriff and Winonas characters are boring. she's an uninteresting hysterical blubbering mess with a retarded christmas lights plot that I can't take seriously. I thought her first 20 minutes on screen were her best scenes before she became an hours long pile of tears and slobber. the sheriff is just an ugly, uncharismatic oaf. the cgi monster isn't interesting or scary. the serial experiment lain escaped telepathic girl story is really dumb and makes me cringe when she uses her powers. the kids are fine actors but they're kids, so they aren't particularly good performances. this show feels like super 8, which also felt like a derivative, inferior homage to the genre. oh well

To be fair the writing is completely devoid of substance and is just a bunch fairly lazy references to other movies and archetypes.

That Will kid will be McFly in the Back to the Future reboot mark my fucking words

I knew some fat fetishist was gonna post her.

Maybe the negro boy was simply supposed to be an asshole?

>that one guy who has to make it known how much he dislikes the show on every thread

was Mike's dad purposely meant to resemble John Hughes?

that wasn't me but I also think it was a crappy cliche concept that felt like a bad anime. I realize it's supposed to be shlocky but that doesn't make it good

I guess it was too much to ask that they would be waifu/husbando team in real life.

It's really not that much of a problem, it's obvious the story is a huge "homage" and mix of various 80's stories sometimes to a flaw however the reason it shines is because the characters are against cliches and written like real people with likeable traits and flaws. The nostalgia is not a factor for me i wasnt an 80's kid

that's a real critique, the shit the other guy wrote was not

this is a show for those of us who adore little lolies and relate to 12 yr old boys. if this isnt you then fuck off and watch another show.

>Demogorgon
>Thinking they have any chance

This, tbhfam.

But, it's more like relating to Mike and how we all would have wanted a qt MKULTRA waifu as a kid.

Why did people not like the negro? He was totally right to be pissed off and his conflict never was "WAH THIS IS BULLSHIT LETS WALK BACK TO HOME" it was "STOP WITH THE BULLSHIT AND LETS GET TO WORK WE NEED TO FIND WILL"

It's a show for those os us who adore 12 yr old boys and relate to little lolies.

No the characters are about as one dimensional and surface level as possible. The "real" moments are homages themselves, the big difference between the show and the quality movies it references are the movies genuinely fleshed out their characters and took time to establish a sense of realism through small moments.

Seriously. All he wanted was to save his friend and not be dicked around by a girl. He fucking saved them with his solid snake recon outside the lab.

I felt like Lucas came from a pretty understandable position. The guy was pure Scully down to his bones.

because he was a cunt about it

Because any idiot should be able to see that the girl with mind powers who knows a lot about your missing friend is probably your best lead. And yep, of course she was. He was wrong about almost everything.

>He fucking saved them with his solid snake recon outside the lab.

The only reason this was in there was to redeem him for being a useless killjoy. It felt pretty ham-fisted

What said.
He was unnecessarily cunty about it and overreacted all the time.

Well with this i cant really argue its a matter of perception. If you ask me i really thought the characters were perfectly rounded and completely realistic (with the exception of Steve's friends which felt like a caricature) also i thought the world building in the series was great which is something you dont agree with

She didn't answer jack shit about Will until the last episode, she barely knew his situation and then barely talked about it

can't imagine I'd be in the best mood if I was dealing with interdimensional silent hill horrors and a girl who doesn't have a grip on her psychic powers

>I didn't like a show therefore its objectively bad

do you reckon regularly insulting her would be a good move?

>chad still gets the girl in the end
It's not fair bros

There was no world building, it barely even felt like the 80s in any authentic way.

I mean it's ridiculously easy to pick apart. The only hook it has is the over the top nostalgia and references they only evoke it in the most superficial and obvious ways imaginable.

way before that she uses her powers to bring him up on the radio and talks about the Upside Down and monster.

the kid continues to insist that they should leave her behind even after this. he was a moron.

i agree that most of the time what he saying was reasonable, it was more his general attitude/demeanor throughout the entirety of the first season. he was ALWAYS being super antagonistic and naysaying every little thing in the most dickish manner. it was annoying.

no but I remember my youth and kids so get bitchy when girls become a thing and hormones start to kick in. pretty typical. Throw in a missing/dead friend and supernatural elements that everyday life doesn't prepare you for and I think his attitude was pretty understandable.

Toothless being so adventure ready was weirder to me. He was more entertaining though - definitely has a future.

Sup Forums is really 25% chad fuckstick's asshole best friend, 25% toothless kid, and 50% teenage version of mike's deadbeat dad.

the show actually spells it out that he's lashing out at her because he's jealous. it was completely unncessary

I am sorry but if 8 hours couldn't convince you of this then i also cant.
Once again i wasn't an 80's kid and i did not like Star Wars until probably my first rewatch in 2014 and i still loved the show
This
She didnt say oh he is the upside down, there is a portal in here bla bla, the kids figured it out themselves. She just flipped the D&D board.

I think we can all agree jonathan is our guy
>socially awkward
>a bit of a creep
>but does the right thing when he needs to

black people have a lot of pride. imagine being a black kid and not only getting your ass handed to you when a litle girl throws you through the air and knocks you unconcsious, but also having your best friend choose a girl over you, his best friend. he felt humiliated im sure and his pride was hurt. his manhood was severely damaged.

>teenage version of mike's deadbeat dad
So a chad?

>has a marketable skill
>has ambitions of NYU
>a girl is actually kind of into him

doesn't check out

Well watch the movies it ripped off and you'll probably like it a lot less.

He was a stupid shit way before that

I had ambitions at that age

mike's mom was an underachieving slutbag goofball, mike's dad probably didn't even sire one of those two kids, at minimum. it doesn't take a chad to get into those bellbottoms.

Yes this is true but it also doesn't go against the idea that he was mad because sometimes El was slowing down shit like crazy

I liked that he got the girl in the end. Making chad out to be the villain and have the nerd win is a chewed out cliche, not to mention it doesn't happen in real life. Steve was a pretty decent guy who just needed to ditch his asshole friends.

Watched some, still enjoyed the show.
Of course there are some higher points in some of the movies, this doesn't make Stranger Things bad

Show's alright, but you literally can't watch for more than 5 minutes without running into a forced homage, visual reference, trope, nod, tip of the hat, etc of another work from the 80's. the whole thing just feels like a pastiche mashup with no originality.

Best part of the show was science teacher's girlfriend

WOOP WOOP ITS TIME FOR MY COPY PASTE SKILLS TO COME INTO PLAY.
Im possibly wrong but i think the writers wanted to go against the cliche of
>"Being an outsider equals being better"
In the flashback of Jonathan and his brother rocking out to some music he tells him the whole "Dont like stuff just because people tell you too" but then does it himself not only by pushing him his music (Which Will does like by himself) but straight up tells him not to listen to his dad when it was obvious that Will thought he wasnt that bad.
Later in the discussion with Nancy he goes for the "I saw you trying to be something which you are not" but then he himself admits that in that moment it actually looked like she was just having fun and she was, the jocks were not even being mean with Nancy's friend, she just felt left out because she was the third wheel.Jonathan then goes on a rant about boring people pretending to be happy in their suburban house with their happy jobs pretending to be happy but actually not enjoying life when it is obvious that Nancys house is more stable than Johnathan's
It all comes bite him in the ass in the end when his mom and Hopper the cop put some sense into him and how he is not special just for being an outsider
>You always think you are alone but we all care about you bla bla
Originally written for another thread which died i hope you enjoy it

So what will season 2 be about?
I'm sort of hoping they pull a true detective and do a separate setting entirely

>tfw Steve Harrington is straight
It's not fair he's so beautiful D:

It's not fair in 2 ways
>Nancy wont be available for me to cuddle
>Steve wont be available for me to cuddle

>reminder that Barb had a fate even worse than Will's but no one cared and they just forgot about her