Laugh track memes aside, why do people dislike this show?

Laugh track memes aside, why do people dislike this show?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xpPQV4eqrmA
youtube.com/watch?v=rtHv2d8-PE0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What's Sheldon's catchphrase again?

Because its utterly obnoxious in every aspect. Saying that though, the bitch with the squeaky voice and glasses has some dank tits.

BINGCROSBY

BIG BLACK COCKS

Its blackface for anyone who was stigmatized or bullied for being into any of the shit they try to emulate on the show.

>LOOK THEY SAY NERDY SHIT: the show

Beelzebub

This. She's a 9/10

>beautiful blonde woman gets with the scrawny Jew
Errtime

MISSISSIPPI

because it's genuinely bad on every level. All the jokes are punchlines without set ups, that's the reason they're heavy on the laughtrack button.

Because it's basically stupid people's inaccurate conception of what they think smart people are like.

They see themselves in it

Jokes are not funny

>being so comfortable with your friends you can pridefully sport your piss bottle on the table whilst you're eating

i want friends like this.

FAIRYGODPARENTS

youtube.com/watch?v=xpPQV4eqrmA

now imagine 22 minutes of this shit times however many episodes they;ve made.

MANDINGO

>watch beginning of show
>a tad charming but the jokes were mostly miss

>watch one of the recent episodes on a whim
>absolutely no nerd jokes, every character has a girlfriend/wife and it's just drama about them

BOSNIAANDHERZEGOVINA

It's funny because Sheldon says stuff I don't understand!

"Poorly coded n64 emulator" hah I recognise two of those words!

HANGNIGGERSKAPOW!

does still show still run?

Zimbabwe

Let me guess

The nerds were bullied their whole lives while the blonde was ignoring them and fucking tall trashy douches and now the blonde is leeching off of the hard working nerds once her looks are fading?

MY ASSHOLE IS PLUMP AND READY FOR FUCKING

WHAAAMY!

The south shall rise again!

It's an idiot's idea of what smart humour is.

It used to have geeky and nerdy humor. Granted, even that humor was superficial at best, but now it's not even about that.

>the reason people dislike this show aside, why do people dislike this show?

Eat shit, OP.

bingo. this show is pure cuck propaganda.

jokes on you, melissa rauch is a jew in real life.

BAARANGO

this
/thread

The show seems to think references are a substitute for actual jokes.

Its so lazy that punchlines have literally just been spoilers from other well known pop culture franchises.

>"Hey Leonard have you seen this weeks episode of AMC's The Walking Dead?"
>"No Sheldon I have not"
>"Laurie dies"
>"Why u do dis Sheldon?"
>"BOTSWANA"

It had the potential to be one of the very few shows that reflect a huge subculture that used to be ridiculed and is now imitated in the mainstream. At first it looked like it was trying to do that but it seemed to portray what the previous generation thinks nerds are like rather than the reality. It still had occasional flashes of accuracy and genuinely obscure references though.

Then as it got popular, the characters just became normal, semi-wholesome, generic sitcom characters who just happen to be grotesque parodies of "nerds."

That said, it was still fairly funny for a few seasons. The IT Crowd and Silicon Valley are far funnier and more representative of that group.

You know something is wrong with a show when the humor is nothing but "I did/did not understand that superficial reference to something."

The show is also anti-nerd despite people thinking it's a show for nerds. "Nerd humor" is often self depreciating and nerds love to make fun of other nerds who are more nerdy and awkward than they are but in true nerd humor they still have their redeeming qualities that make you care about the characters and what is happening to them. The characters n the show are absolutely unlikeable and the show is all about them becoming more "normal" despite the girl who is supposed to be "normal" being the most insufferable person on the show.

The show is misrepresentative of what being a nerd actually means. Being a nerd means that you pick one or two things to specialize in and you find out all you can about your chosen interests. You can dabble in other things but your focus remains the same. No nerd could know enough about everything to be talking about comics one moment, movies the next, video games after that unless they're just showing off superficial knowledge of things and in "nerd culture" acting like you know what you're talking about something is the ultimate sin and the show does this nonstop.

BAZINGA!

It is the perfect example of the gentrification of "the nerd".

anything with a laughtrack is instashit
shows that need to remind their audience of the jokes need to be purged from the airwaves
>laughing track memes aside
there is no excuse big enough to exempt laugh tracks getting shit

Because it laughs AT nerds, not WITH nerds.

>laughtrack
It's a studio audience, there's a difference. Laugh tracks are inherently shit but some great shows were and probably still are made in front of an audience. Stand up shows for example.

Although in the case of TBBT, the studio audience are all obnoxious OTT crew members and friends/family who are encouraged and directed as much as the cast.

BAZOOPLEBORP

kino

youtube.com/watch?v=rtHv2d8-PE0

You're only saying that based on principal.

I didn't mind Seinfeld doing it because it had genuine humor.