Do I really not have to go to college?

Do I really not have to go to college?
:(

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QKwMFas9XnY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You really don't have to do anything, user.

However, I'm not sayin' that you're not gonna regret not doing things. You gotta deal with the consequences of your actions, good or bad.

no user god gave us this beautiful thing called free will, the free will i am going to use to kill myself next month

>the free will i am going to use to kill myself next month

Same here

>finally got my life back together
>fuck up again, badly
>this time its even worse
>considering suicide, again

Alternatively,

>life's going great
>have creative projects off the ground
>have a supportive gf who's my partner in crime
>cozy part-time job and possible stable career in the works
>slowly building stronger social life

>will kill myself by age 30

All I need to do is release those projects and create a cult of personality and I'll be ready.

I believe it was Ian Curtis who told his wife he had no intention of living past how 20s.
Low and behold, he didn't.

If you have to take out loans, don't go. You shouldn't go and you'll save thousands of dollars in crippling debt.

If you get it free or scholarship like me, go and have a good time.

American Colleges are mostly scams these days outside of certain subjects. It's an excuse for kids to fuck around and prolong adolescence for 4 years while being subsidized by the government and the school admins charge them out the ass for "amenities" so they can line their fat cat pockets thanks to the free money gravy train from the government.

I don't know if you're big into Sam Hyde/MDE but regardless this video is a good watch for every prospective college student:
youtube.com/watch?v=QKwMFas9XnY

Sure there is merit to a college education. It gets your foot in the door in some places, some jobs require it, but many majors/classes offered at unis these days are fucking useless. Plus many require you to take these useless classes to be more "well-rounded" aka take more of your money instead of letting you take only the courses that prepare you for your job.

All I'm saying is, really think about what you want to do. If you don't want to be a wageslave office worker or a tech guy or teacher or a doctor/lawyer/engineer, don't go to college. If you do, do.

Things have a balance, so the work you input usually comes back in some return, but there's always the "I'm feeling lucky" button. If you're just trying to be happy or content, that's not so hard. It's building a family and owning property and all that shit that's pushed as some human ideal but really that was more of a 60's idea assuming that 1.the market is good and stable 2. the competition for jobs is only really for white people 3. it's focused on nuclear families, assuming no women in the field which just isn't the case for the model anymore. Keep in mind also that having fun is kind of a new concept also. The 60's-70's really were the first generations to introduce convenience and, well, fun, and of course media and the internet have accelerated that. It's maximized now, which by reaction is also why you see a lot of anxiety and depression. As the options of choice multiply, satisfaction becomes drowned out by regret and loss, to the point that each decision you make feels almost wrong no matter what. It's human nature (hoarding mentality).

Everything's going to hell anyways, why not just do what makes you happy, or not necessarily happy, but like I said content? There's a famous mythology author named Joseph Campbell who said one of the happiest times in his life was during the Great Depression because all he had going on was reading books in his flat, since no one was really expected to do anything or afford anything. Who know's if that'll be the case in our immediate future (the market has to crash eventually, probably worse than 2008). Hope this advice is helpful to you, it really was just for myself. Good luck anons.

/r9k/ sure is here. Now please stay and go back to your cage you filthy rats.

>Tuning: 440hz 441hz 442hz 443hz 444hz 445hz

t. brainlets
College is the greatest thing you could do for yourself.

>(s)he doesn't cross post

What's your excuse?

Maybe in 1980.
Now it's a make or break investment and too many people aren't cut out for it and get into it for a reward that frankly isn't worth the cost.
Great post.

I'm fucking retarded and posted in the wrong post

True I dated a girl who went to Columbia, an art school, and even though it was expensive as fuck like 30k a semester they still suffered hella budget cuts and had to merge multiple departments in the school. Keep in mind that student loans are exactly built like a scam
-easy access and approval
-ridiculous interest rates over decades even
-no regulatory checks/balances (I see other students buying iphones and shit as a *school expense*

It used to be an investment but now it's expected of you because it's become such a stigma from the previous generations. If you don't go to school you're not a loser as long as you can get some kind of work done. For every successful graduate you see, keep in mind there are probably 50+ otherwise failures now trapped in debt for basically almost the rest of their life if they can't get the job they were shooting for. People seriously make memes saying that dying is a relief just because they don't have to pay off their loans anymore.

If there's going to be a war or another market crash, I wouldn't even bother going to school since getting a job will be nearly impossible for the latter case. I also think a neo-war is past due.

That's what adults from a more lenient time say, and the data says up until recently. School costs are only rocketing while most jobs aren't enough to pay em off. You used to be able to pay off school with just a minimum wage job, and you could still afford to save for a house. You know time's are shitty if a place tells you you're "overqualified" like what does that even mean?
The only reasons to go is if you're doing medical/law, some kind of business, or tech. But college is good for networking which can help you out. Everything else is a crapshoot. Still, not worth 100K+ debt imo.

John?

t. mad he was corralled into the scam like all of his peers

fucking retard

Are you trying to get me to kill myself because this is how you get me to kill myself

being a senior in high school, this kind of shit scares the fuck out of me

it looks like i'm going to be graduating with around 8,000 in debt. that's not a lot, right? idk, seems okay, but any amount freaks me out really, especially when i had the option to go to lower tier schools for free but i chose the slightly more expensive option

They made that song as a joke, IIRC.

The idea does confuse me, though. I'm going to college soon, but nothing about it is truly appealing. I lost my interest in academics years ago, and there's no career path I care about. All that keeps me going is the thought I might meet some people and create a band.

Exactly the same desu
All I want's a job that pays well and won't physically destroy me. I want to dress up like the guy from Office Space every day when I go to work is all. Or maybe D-Fens from Falling Down.

That's why all this shit about college grads getting cash register jobs makes me nervous as hell. But there's no other way to even take a shot at what I want so here goes

$8,000 isn't bad, sounds manageable

I mean it's not good but you can pay that off quick even with a shit job. It doesn't get crippling until you get into the 20-30 thousands.

tfw went to college right after high school and dropped out after 1 semester now I'm neet

Go for business, finance, econ, or accounting if you want the office life.

Decent majors, not super difficult (there is math but it's not advanced math like STEM), bachelor's in business is a bit over saturated but still better than most degrees, if you want to go to law/grad school will help you, getting a CPA makes you set for life.

Only problem is the job is painfully boring and soul crushing at least in my opinion. I'm not a big numbers guy and I crave stimulation so accounting isn't for me, however if I were strictly in it for the money I'd do that.

Programming/CS is another popular one but that's increasingly competitive and I think outsourcing and tech-illiterate boomers retiring is going to cause that boom to die down a bit. If you can't get a cushy developer job and are just an IT guy or code monkey, you're probably the next blue collar worker. Still should make you a good living for a while.

I took time to find out what I truly wanted out of life and in the process got to know myself more intimately. I can only speak for me but it was well worth it. To find out who you are and what you want to do with yourself is one of the most valuable things in existence and cannot be understated. Devote time to discover and flesh out your values and learn the ways to live in accordance with them.

While I recognize that conclusions of a similar context can be reached while in college I know I would not have had the time to reach them had I not postponed a collegiate education.

I decided not to go to college, mainly because I wasn't 100% sure about the idea, and it's hard to convince myself if I'm not. And I don't like the idea of leeching off my parents for that amount of money.

But at the same time, I don't know what I'm gonna do without it. It's been nearly a year since finishing high school, and I haven't really done much. A bit of work here and there, but trying to plot out my life/plan a career isn't going so well. I'm a glorified NEET, and every avenue I try to pursue, there's always that one stipulation. Wanna apply for the apprenticeship in the city? Nope, too far away. Oh, that simple job? We actually want applicants for degrees with that :)

It just feels weird. I know people who'll still be in school when they're 21, but me being 18 now, there's a lot of pressure for me to find work. Which I do want, but don't seem ready for me. I applied for a position and I was the only sub-20 yr old there.

You're the problem with higher education. If we would all stop treating education as fucking job training, most of the issues in the university system wouldn't exist.

>fell for the college jew