So now that Thrawn is canon, does Sup Forums think there's any chance we'll see him in the new trilogy?

So now that Thrawn is canon, does Sup Forums think there's any chance we'll see him in the new trilogy?

youtube.com/watch?v=xmXp802sFgQ

Unlikely. He'll probably stay in the new Expaned Universe (the TV shows, comics, books, games, etc.) and never make an appearance in the movies (except possibly as a cameo in one of the Anthology movies). Most people who watch the Star Wars movies only watch the movies and don't bother with anything else, so if Thrawn showed up in Episode VIII, from their perspective, he'll have come from out of fucking nowhere.

>Expaned Universe

Damn it, meant to say "Expanded", not "Expaned".

If he made a cameo in Rogue One it would probably fit the timeline well enough.

I fully expect them to kill him off in some retarded way in Rebels sadly. Even if he appeared in one of the new movies they'd probably make him get killed by that Mary Sue.

>get killed by that Mary Sue.
This was the problem with Thrawn from the moment of his conception in the books. The author does an excellent job of convincing you that he's a tactical genius, but the whole time you're reading you know that it doesn't mean shit because Thrawn doesn't have "the force" on his side and the heroes are just going to pull a victory out of their asses anyway.

Except that Thrawn was winning almost the entire time and wasn't killed by any last-minute bullshit.

They got the perfect voice actor for him. That motherfucker does the cold, calculated voice perfectly. He single handedly made Joshua Graham GOAT in New Vegas.

I really, REALLY hope they do Thrawn justice.

Nah they won't kill him off in Rebels. They'll probably kill him off in some spin-off set between Jedi and TFA

In the first novel's final space battle some last minute bullshit is exactly what happened

>winning almost the entire time
>not defeated by any last-minute bullshit
you seem to be confused

They better not make him a mustache twirling villain. He needs to be logical and pragmatic. None of that killing subordinates for the hell of it bullshit.

>Thrawn doesn't have "the force" on his side and the heroes are just going to pull a victory out of their asses anyway.
>assassinated by his loyal bodyguards after it's discovered he was poisoning their world to keep them in servitude
where's the "force" in there again?

I doubt Kasdan and his writing team could handle writing an intelligent villain like him.

Thrawn is a man of slow and deliberate machination. He works well in books, he'll probably work on a show. But the formulaic Star Wars films need an action beat every 10 minutes to keep the brain dead audience awake.

You might as well make a LOGH movie, directed by Michael Bay instead.

Zahn is writing the new tie-in novel to make him canon and is overseeing all direction when it comes to him in Rebels Id say its in the safest hands it can possibly be.

See above. This is all easily googleable.

you just proved my point you retard

thrawn never stood a chance because he was "evil" and he was always gonna get his comeuppance :^)

>caring about canon.

Kid, you got a lot to learn.

I'd like to at least see him in a cameo. Just so we can see him in a movie. Whatever happens to him in the show or other SW-related work is another thing. He can always show up in any of the numerous spin offs that take place between episodes III and IV.

Well you will see a Grand Admiral in Rogue One at least.

Chances are they cribbed a fair deal from Thrawn there.

what was the point of the big canon-break if they are just going to continue using old characters anyway? Has anything changed at all?

It opens the possibility of using (to us) old characters and adjust them to modern narrative. If Thrawn gets into the cast, there's no way in hell he will remain the machiavellian "lawful evil" guy, doing everything to strengthen the galaxy against those yuuzan wong aliens. Can't have people think that you need to be ruthless to achieve important things. He will be a white and cartooney villian that will get killed by this new mary sue.

So is someone going to tell me what's the big deal wit this guy or what? I don't read books I'm not a nerd.

He's director of advanced weapons research, not grand admiral

He's a villain that isn't a rehashing of le brooding darkside enforcer (Vader) or le scheming darkside force-wizard (Sheev). He'd have been a breath of fresh air for the series if he would have been used as the main antognist for the new trilogy, but of course they opted for the safer route of rehashing Sheev and Vader.

Now he's been brought back and re-canonized as a minor villain in a 3D cartoon show for 11 year olds as a sort of "fuck you" to the EU fans from Disney.

>Now he's been brought back and re-canonized as a minor villain in a 3D cartoon show for 11 year olds as a sort of "fuck you" to the EU fans from Disney.

Hes also getting an adult novel by the same author as the original books. Are you retarded?

And said author is, as said, overseeing his portrayal in Rebels. Chances are, they're not gonna fuck Thrawn up.

I can't wait to see him get punked by dark side Ezra.

Who seriously gives a fuck about Rebels? I'm not going to start watching a show tailor-made for 12-year olds just for thrawn.

>>>>>>

Make Revan canon woooo

Watch Youtube clips for Thrawn scenes.