Macs best album to date hands down. What's Sup Forums think?

Macs best album to date hands down. What's Sup Forums think?

it sucks man. get over it

its very good

WHO DO I BELIEVE?

does anyone have a link?

good for a mac album, bad for literally any other artist

it really sucks. belive, man. don't know what is happening to mac, but it's no good. "this old dog" is his worst album. listen to rock and roll night club, 2 and some of makeout videotape, don't waste your time trying to get into this new shit.

pretty bland and boring in my humble opinion, maybe i was too hyped

Haven't listened to it.

2 is great, but Salad Days fucking sucks.

His first album that doesn't sound like a re-hash of past sounds. Hard to say if it's my favorite yet but it's definitely the most interesting to listen to all the way through. The last few songs are especially great.

My Old Man
For the First Time
One More Love Song
On the Level
Moonlight on the River

These are some of Mac's best songs. I also really dig Baby You're Out after hating it the first few listens.

over the counter counter culture

>2 is great, but Salad Days fucking sucks.
>ham and turkey sandwiches are great, but turkey and ham sandwiches fucking suck

I need to listen more but I'd say it's pretty decent. Kind of slow/sad vibes which isn't a bad thing..

let's be honest: the decline of mac started with salad days

Seriously, people are just mad he blew up with Salad Days, you can't seriously like one and not the other

Right. I can understand people being annoyed he didn't change his sound up much. But it does have Chamber of Reflection and Passing Out Pieces. Not every artists needs to be Radiohead and completely reinvent their sound from album to album.

Also the songs on Salad Days are overall just as good as the songs on 2. Some better, some worse. There's no drop in songwriting quality. Same with Another One which IMO works even better since it's shorter.

But this album was the time for him to start moving in another direction a bit and he's done just that. So I'm satisfied.

>Kind of slow/sad vibes which isn't a bad thing..
>I'm home, with moonlight on the river, saying my goodbyes
>I'm home, there's moonlight on the river, everybody dies

g-guys? is he ok???

Wait, did it drop?

just saw that it leaked a couple days ago, fuck me.

its awful. only white idiots who know nothing about music or culture buy into this shit. hes selling an image of not trying to sell an image.

>hes selling an image of not trying to sell an image.

That was literally ever rock band of the early 90s. Mac is "le goofball!!!xD" that's his image and everyone knows it. Including him.

By Cody A. Wright

“My Old Man” repeats the same 4 chords for almost 4 minutes with nary a wrinkle, which would be fine if the rest of the song wasn’t just DeMarco saying “Oh no, looks like I see my old man in me.” And on the subject of lyrics, DeMarco shows remarkably little growth in terms of constructing coherent meaning. And when meaning can be sussed out, it’s not necessarily positive. One of the most egregious offenders is “Baby You’re Out,” where Mac apparently breaks up with a girl and continues to lecture her on how she should behave anyway, all with this ultra-sunny attitude. It’s borderline sociopathic.

mac relies too much on gimmicks

It sounds like country music