Anybody else here super terrified to die? I Always think about it. Makes me sick to my stomach tbh

Anybody else here super terrified to die? I Always think about it. Makes me sick to my stomach tbh.

But why? Death is the final frontier, a new adventure and Anything is better then this reality

I just use drugs to hide basically

Just take out the infidels. Virgins galore await.

The religion business has been preying on, and profiting from people like you for thousands of years. Either grow a pair, or lose your dignity entirely and become a theist.

There are worse things than death, my friend.

those tits are awesome

yep. fucking terrifies me whenever I think about it. has done since I was a teenager.

Your only problem is the process. But read Mark Twain's quote about death.

Quit being a bitch, either we die and it's lights out or something else may occur.
Enjoy your stupid life.

Not really. I hardly ever think about it. When it inevitably happens, I assume it'll either be the end, meaning I'll simply cease to exist, or it'll be the beginning of some new life, and I don't really give a fuck which one it is. The only thing that kind of worries me is how painful it could be.

Step 1 lie in bed
Step 2 turn off all devices
Step 3 drink cup of coffee
Step 4 think

Trips of Truth

That's what Nembutal is for. Take control of the situation, if you are in a position to do so.

Think about what for fucks sake, the suspense fuck me

If you're scared to die then why are you wasting away your life on Sup Forums.

use your time wisely and do something awesome with the time you're hear, instead of just moping about how little time you have in the first place.

I look forward to death. I don't fantasize about it or anything, but I see it for the long, peaceful sleep that it is. I bet if we knew what dying feels like, half of us would kill ourselves tomorrow.

>if you are in a position to do so
That's the thing, we don't always get a say in the matter. Accidents happen. But yeah, if I'm dying a slow, painful death and still have the capacity to do something about it, I'll probably go the exit bag route.

I worked with this sexy lesbian who looked like Michele Pfeiffer. She said something I think was pretty profound:

"If I'm going to die, I want to die in the most painful way. If it's the last thing I'll ever feel, I want to really feel something."

-or something like that. I still remember that 15 years later. It makes sense, albeit in a morbid way. If you're going to go into the long sleep, why do you want to go peacefully? Who cares how you go if you're going? The result is the same in the end, and what you feel going through the tunnel doesn't matter once you hit the light.

>why do you want to go peacefully?
Because I've always found enjoyment in peace and I've always been averse to pain. She sounds like a masochist.

It's a cringe inducing emo lyric waiting to be sung through a whiny voice

I want to die, I've tried to commit suicide multiple times because I'm in a constant hell inside my head. So I'm not afraid of death, I imbrace it with open arms

the way medical science is going you could live for 1000's of years if not longer, the idea of nothing bothers me as well but i think eventually we'll end up there no matter what, not a lot we can do about it, just try and enjoy it whilst it lasts, and if it helps, these moments will always have happened, you are now part of time and always will be a staple in it, the universe might dissapear into nothing one day but time will always exist and you will always be a little blip in it :)

What you need is a near-death experience. I can provide such a service. We operate in the US and EU. Our customers say it helps to put things until perspective and reduce anxiety relating to a fear of dying. Let me know if you are interested.

contact info?

Death is something that should not be feared. In a way it liberation, you lose everything but what use will you need of it, such as your moral responsibilities, materialistic wealth etc etc.
We're all going to die one day, life will go on and we will be forgotten. Accept it user.

I used to be, but nowadays I take sweet relief in knowing that its just quiet nothingness that can be beautiful. That notion also showed me that nothing is honestly that big of a deal. Now nothing stresses me out and my life is 10000 times better.

Nah.

I contemplate suicide every single day.

You fear death?, i really look for to it. Its really how you grew up. I grew up in norway so i learned the way of viking life so i'm not scared because when i die in battle i wil go to valhalla

How many black Vikings were there?

Wanna lich?

I don't fear death other than dying a painful/excruciating death.

For me it's more upsetting that I won't get to see the things that are probably going to happen in the next few hundred years like cool new tech and expanding into space and also probably biological immortality for those who can afford it.

Pic related, upset I won't get to see cool future shit

I'm white still counts?

terrified to die???

in what way ... to stop being alive .. to die in a horrible way ??\
death it self not to fear ... the way you go is...

no one scared of hights ... people scared to fall...

This is normal. We are mortal ... and we know it.

1. Get head in order. Exercise more outside in the sunlight.

2. If no improvement, see shrink and get prozac (generic fluoxetine). SSRI's work.

3. Watch some Cosmos starring Neil deGrasse Tyson. Or the original with Carl Sagan. Learn to appreciate nature.

4. Watch The Continnents. It wil give you time perspective.

5. Play with dogs. Be around dogs. They will teach you to live in the moment more.

6. I'm sorry we all die. I'm 57. But I've lived a pretty good life in the USA, in Texas, in California. I've traveled some. I've seen beauty in Hawaii. Go build memories. Later you won't regret as much if you build good memories.

Love, OldAnon

I feel like this post is either really dumb or really profound.

Damn, OldAnon. Props

Enjoy the time you have your way.

OldAnon here.

There is no one path, really, to dealing with this death business. What's fucked is that my generation may be the last to die before, say, 120 years of age in relative good health.

Oh well. I grew up a free-range kid, not helicoptered. I have loved a number of decent women. I have been married over 30 years to the same woman. I cheated. I got caught. I fixed my problem in my head that caused the cheating and worked really hard on my marriage. Now it's great, truly great, hot sex, but even better real love. Takes working on yourself and a partner who wants the same and will do the work, too.

I dunno. Some of my friends found God. Jesus. Whatever. Good for them. As Frank Sinatra said, "whatever gets you through the night, baby."

Also have your thyroid and hormones checked. No kidding.

First off don't do what this guy says OP. At least regarding the Prozac. That thing literally just numbs to how you really feel. The only way to face things like this is head on

It's the latter. OldAnon is wise, bro.

You honestly think all your memories and personality is stored in a bunch of axons and dendrites/nerve cells.

Its like saying all the computing in our computers takes place in the cables and resistors.

We are definetely accessing some kind of outside storage network to maintain conscieneness, we are just currently unable to perceive or find this network.

Too much 'Zac and you're numb. Get the right amount, though, and it will level your brain enough so that you can start the real work on yourself.

Also just thought of this one: HELP OTHER PEOPLE. Do charity work. It's awful to see but will have you appreciating what you have now. Both appalling and inspiring at the same time.

Cut yourself some slack. You found Sup Forums, the home of freedom and a lot of stupid shit to laugh at. So ... laugh!

Where'd the original filename go? Partial Arts

Wait until you get old. Then you can't wait to die.

Don't fear it. We'll all do it - not like it is embarrassing or something.

Look at this way - you won't have to go to work anymore.

>We are definetely accessing some kind of outside storage network to maintain conscieneness,

Why? because you feel that way strongly? Seems a bit silly.

da' fuq why you want to live to 120?

I live by the Hunter Thompson ethos:

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

I've been thinking about suicide a lot pretty recently,it the whole being alive thing that makes me sick to my stomach

Well if I scoop out a memory nerve and a movement nerve and ask a scientist to distinguish between the two, he coundn't.

Its all the same bundles of wire. Only explanation in my mind is some kind of latent genetic ability to tap in some resource outside our bodies, and this resource is where our conscienceness is kept.

No, it's like saying all the computing takes place inside the physical computer.

If you save a file on a computer, its stored on the hard drive and additionally on the ram while it's being accessed. If both are destroyed, then that file is gone.

The only reason you think that there's an outside storage space for memories/the soul/whatever is because it's comforting to do so. There's no evidence for this kind of thing. This is exactly the same kind of flawed logic religious fags use

meh dont really care. just chilling and living, when it happens hopefully its at least cool

this sums it up nicely

It's called depression you dumb fuck, get a woman who understands it.
Then again you will be lucky if you can find a woman who understands it

Being afraid of something that will happen is nonsens. It happened to ~85 billions peoples before you (for our global civilisation at least) and you better get over it. Accept it as a fact like "if i fall off i'll be on the floor"

Death isn't scary at all. Life is.

or one too stupid to fuck with you when you are depressed

Yup, but not as often as before since I got a lot busier now. It scares the shit out of me thinking of what happen after my last breath. Where my conscious will go. Being afraid of the unknown...

use it to push you forward to do somethinggreat before death. losing thefear of death so early on doesnt help you at all.

>Anybody else here super terrified to die? I Always think about it. Makes me sick to my stomach tbh.

Nope - never bothered me.l don't take stupid risks... but honestly I'm ok with dying.

well I was. I have a kid now - and for the first time I'm worried about it. I don't want him to have to grow up without a father.

Just acknowledge mentally that there are people out there who are being tortured in some dark room somewhere. People in relentless states of agony to whom the promise of death would be more thrilling than anything you've ever wished for.

Hell it needn't even be so dramatic. Just think about people in wheelchairs with barely any body function left who can't do a damn thing to end their own suffering. Just enough life in them to be seen as a pathetic resource drain.

If you can wrap your mind around that, the idea of simply dying isn't exactly a big deal.

Zero. That's like saying that " How many white zulu warriors were there? ".

>not existing is a new adventure

I would say you should be afraid of death,
that is if you haven't done something that strives you or even keeps you going.
Follow that, and you will see why life is something
that ends to coming up so fast then going so soon.
The fact is life is quick, but your experiences can become long and detailed.

-H12

Born to die

Smoke more weed faggot. Memories are stored in neurons and biochemistry until you prove differently... and claim your nobel prize.

I'm not afraid to die, only of being old and withered before I do.

File isn't gone if its uploaded to the internet first. It could potentially be immortal.

It's about how you live your life that makes dying a concept worth fearing.
I am afraid of dying now, or in the immediate future because i have accomplished anything in my relatively short life. I want to live my life and then when i'm old, i hope i will be able to come to terms with the idea of dying.

It's possible, but there is no evidence that any sort of "internet for minds" exists.

pathetic

SOURCE

Hilary Craig

Thank you so much. Have a good day, and take care of your well-being, physically and mentally speaking.

It's inevitable faggot. Why be afraid of something you can't stop from happening. Enjoy the ride while you can, because it's fucking pointless.

Best to just get it out of the way. Its unavoidable. Do it now. Do it later. Would it really make a difference?

Anxiety disorder.
I had this too. Had fear of death. Thought something really really bad is going to happen to me. Got medications, it is under control. It has been a year or so.

>"To fear death is nothing more than to think one wise when one is not. It is to think one knows what one does not know. No one knows whether death may even be the greatest blessings of human beings. And yet people fear it as if for certain it is the greatest evil." - Socrates

Totes.

Bruh. You're just not going to care when you're dead. Try not to think about it.

No, I am a Muslim convert. Used to be afraid of death, but now not afraid of much

Death is what motivates me to study bioengineering, with the hope that i will one day be able to rewerite the human genome and become immortal.

Nope, I don't look forward to death but I'm not terrified by any means. I am greedy about it though. I want the entirety of humanity to be wiped out. It's nothing but a blight. Horrible creatures really.

I don't know why but the fear just . . . left me. Incidentally, it was when I left religion to become atheist. I think jettisoning the false hope made me deal with it head on; I became relaxed with it. Wish I could give you more than that OP, but I can't.

Said the Parkside strangler

There are some things worse than death

I've got some bad news for you. God isn't real. Heaven isn't real. There are no virgins waiting for martyrs.

The reason religion exists is for people like you, too small to face their fear that this is all there is and death is the end of you. It makes you feel better while living a lie that there's more to come. There isn't.

Can I prove god doesn't exist? No. Can I show how religions have developed to explain the unexplainable and assuage men's fears, then retreating as knowledge grew? Yes.

Ignorance is bliss. I'd rather be happy.

But if im the last human i can piss on all you normies dead bodies.

how the hell did he get black belt ?He is not able to fight even with dead enemy.

Welcome to the inclusive society, where impairments are no barriers.

Just hope the guy who tries to mug him is a liberal arts student

Except the internet is also just a bunch of servers publicly accessible through a massive network. The bio equivalent would be a hive mind.

imagine falling asleep and never waking up. not death just sleep, you sleep till the end of time.
imagine a dreamless sleep and never waking up ever.

you cannot.

imagine waking up without ever falling asleep.

you already know what that is.

existence means awakening. there is no death.
just awaken awaken awaken,
as for your memories, you forgetten them even now, not so precious, and when you forget completely, nothing lost.

Because hes studying taekwondo instead of karate, the true martial art.

Why? It's going to happen one day. Why be afraid of it? You shouldn't be. Just focus on living a good life and leaving behind a lasting legacy even if its small and everything will have been worth it. That's how I see it. Live well and die with a smile in your soul.

hate to ruin it for you both, but it's shopped.

Whose tits is it then?

Proof? Looks good to me.

Too fucking right mate. When people fear death they bow down to false deities and idols in an attempt to live forever. This is folly and always doomed to make you die scared and broke.